• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What can you do in only 4 weeks?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if you just want to lose weight, dieting is the best way to do it.

Personally, I think running is for chumps. I haven't done it in a year and I'm in great shape.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
yeah dont go calling people chumps because they dont have the natural gift, ability, or trait you may possess over them. they work harder because they dont have it, that doesnt make them chumps. show a little humility. im not saying you are, but those who possess a natural trait and all they do is boast about it and put others down is called an asshole. and remember, these traits dont last as you age either. just an fyi for life.

Originally Posted by munchausen
Honestly, if you just want to lose weight, dieting is the best way to do it.

Personally, I think running is for chumps. I haven't done it in a year and I'm in great shape.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry. It's easy to get flippant on the internet and forget that people are struggling with their weight. I promise I'm not an asshole in real life.

Rusty G.

Reaction score
Four weeks really isn't a long time, in the grand scheme of things. It is long enough to start a habit of good health.

I find it's easier to do push-aways than push-ups. (Meaning, don't eat as much to lose weight).

However, it's a better thing to get in some strength training, along with cardio.

I think it's also important to change up your routine from time to time, to keep your body guessing, because it grows when it's having to compensate for duress. . .ie, weight training.

Essentio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rusty G.
Four weeks really isn't a long time, in the grand scheme of things. It is long enough to start a habit of good health.

I find it's easier to do push-aways than push-ups. (Meaning, don't eat as much to lose weight).

However, it's a better thing to get in some strength training, along with cardio.

I think it's also important to change up your routine from time to time, to keep your body guessing, because it grows when it's having to compensate for duress. . .ie, weight training.

Thanks! I am aware that 4 weeks is too short, but my aim is just to get on the right track (aka habit of good health).

How do you change your routine?

Cognacad

Reaction score
Diet diet diet.

That is what makes you healthy. If you want to gain muscle you eat alot (like 3000 calories a day depending on size) and many grams of protein a day (150-200 or something). Work out like a fiend.

If you want to get thinner and lose FAT, eat little (maybe 1800 or something) and still eat decent protein. Do Cardio like a fiend.

You can PM me if you want to talk about details and such.

SJTrance

Reaction score
Look, it's pretty simple and there's a lot of good advice in this thread. The classic points will always hold true:

-eat well
-work out hard
-sleep well

It would help to know what your exercise/fitness history is. If you haven't worked out much, then results should be clearly visible to you in 4 weeks. As far as weights vs cardio, for the fastest results, do both. With weights, there are only 5 you need to do for now...or some variation of these:

-Chest press
-Lat pull down
-Seated rows
-Leg press
-Shoulder press

Do an abdominal program which hits all movements (flexion, extension, rotation and side-bending)

Do cardio after all this. Look into high intensity intravel training. It should be finished within 1.5 hours. If youre a novice, start with this, and progress/change your program as you learn more.

Sanjay

Essentio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SJTrance
Look, it's pretty simple and there's a lot of good advice in this thread. The classic points will always hold true: -eat well -work out hard -sleep well It would help to know what your exercise/fitness history is. If you haven't worked out much, then results should be clearly visible to you in 4 weeks. As far as weights vs cardio, for the fastest results, do both. With weights, there are only 5 you need to do for now...or some variation of these: -Chest press -Lat pull down -Seated rows -Leg press -Shoulder press Do an abdominal program which hits all movements (flexion, extension, rotation and side-bending) Do cardio after all this. Look into high intensity intravel training. It should be finished within 1.5 hours. If youre a novice, start with this, and progress/change your program as you learn more. Sanjay
Thanks, Sanjay! Haven't done much training in the past, so pretty much no training history.

Essentio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cognacad
Diet diet diet.

That is what makes you healthy. If you want to gain muscle you eat alot (like 3000 calories a day depending on size) and many grams of protein a day (150-200 or something). Work out like a fiend.

If you want to get thinner and lose FAT, eat little (maybe 1800 or something) and still eat decent protein. Do Cardio like a fiend.

You can PM me if you want to talk about details and such.

Thanks, Cognacad!

SJTrance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Essentio
Thanks, Sanjay! Haven't done much training in the past, so pretty much no training history.

Then you're going to show good results in the allotted time you've given yourself. Remember this; I always advise people who are just starting to exercise to take it easy. I'm a physical therapist and have been a personal trainer. I find that people really take themselves to the limit when they start working out and quickly burn out. It's not about loosing some weight or gaining some muscle in the short run. It's about changing your life and looking the best you can in the long run. I would suggest you start at a level that feels comfortable and fun.

Another thing to keep in mind is the delayed onset soreness and/or tendinitis you can get from starting to work out as a beginner. You think you'll just go in there and give it all you've got, but the resulting soreness is going to surprise you. It may take the fight right out of you. So, starting slower is not only safer, but it also helps lead to a better compliance with your fitness goals. Start easy and always progress in such a way that your body doesn't become shocked.

Sanjay

ArrrrJay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
For weight loss, meth. For weight gain, anabolic steroids. Combine the two and you'll be a golden god.
Jimmy Tango's Fatbusters?
ridesnake.gif

dshack

Reaction score
Protein Sparing Modified Fast. 1g/lb bodyweight protein, another 50g or so fat (for the essential amino acids), negligible carbs The protein keeps your muscles from atrophying, and the lack of carbs sends you into fat-burning ketosis. You can work out, too- it'll be tough at first, but your body should adapt within a week or so. Avoid cardio.

If you can keep a PSMF up for four weeks, you'll look quite a bit different.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads