• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What can I wear with this cardigan?

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
I bought this very plain but nice material cardigan - but I'm not sure what I can wear it with.
I like the "cardi under a sports jacket" look, but does it work without a tie? I don't wear a tie much these days. I tried it with a few casual outfits but it doesn't really seem to fit - I think because the material is too fine so it only really goes with tailoring.
Does a cardigan like this over a polo shirt work? Or a t-shirt?
Is it too close in colour to the oatmeal jacket to wear as a mid-layer? Or does it manage to look "tonal"?
View attachment 1605797View attachment 1605799View attachment 1605802View attachment 1605805PXL_20210506_125044658.jpgPXL_20210506_124620015.jpg

Attachments

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not over a t-shirt. Just not a look I care for.

No offense, but wearing it under a sport coat and open over a polo shirt looks best on you. Wearing it buttoned without anything else covering it doesn’t look good on your body. It’s just too tight.

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
Not over a t-shirt. Just not a look I care for.

No offense, but wearing it under a sport coat and open over a polo shirt looks best on you. Wearing it buttoned without anything else covering it doesn’t look good on your body. It’s just too tight.
No offence taken. Looking at the pictures of it buttoned without a jacket, makes the effect that lockdown living has had on my waistline very apparent to me.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To answer the question about color, yes, too similar. With a formal jacket, it looks too much like a cheap imitation of a formal vest, as a formal vest likely would be gray..

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.