• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What can I wear? Ideas? (gender neutral)

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
No.

Exoteric: "not belonging, limited, or pertaining to the inner or select circle, as of disciples or intimates"

He's saying that it is esoteric and not exoteric, therefore there is an inherent level of smugness.

In which case he would be slightly mistaken, since only one level of high fashion can be invariably called 'esoteric', that is, the level which designs, never the level which can wear

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nanopelican
i get your frustration. here's an idea: rather than manning a 2000 page sticky and brain-washing every 10k poster to enforce their ideals for styleforum, how about you creating a newb forum? that way people with one off questions can ask them, and people who's lives revolve around policing this forum can relieve themselves.

If people can't be bothered to see the thread at the top, I bet the majority of people will skip out on the noob forum. Unless we pull a 90s and put it in giant flaming animated letters. Maybe then.

Regal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
"Esoteric" Also, what the **** do your sentences mean
Yikes.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i get your frustration. here's an idea: rather than manning a 2000 page sticky and brain-washing every 10k poster to enforce their ideals for styleforum, how about you creating a newb forum? that way people with one off questions can ask them, and people who's lives revolve around policing this forum can relieve themselves.

but this is more fun

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People aren't necessarily ignoring the thread at the top. Many just don't want to be a part of it.
Are you nominating yourself as speaker of the noobs? Perhaps then you can host your own thread in here so all the stupidity is centralized in one location.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This threak needs another booster. This thread is now also about EsmÃ
00a9.png
Wissels and not about noobs like nanopelican, what an attention whore
Esme-12.jpg
2zi3czn.jpg
nvxnxc.jpg
srollandhcaw1011230m.jpg
TwqNi-2b9d1158.jpg
TwygJ-2b9d1158.jpg
u6ETJ-2b9d1158.jpg
rachelantonoffss11.jpg
00220m.jpg
00170m.jpg
00030m.jpg
00220m.jpg
00230m.jpg
00200m.jpg
rCvVi-2b9d1158-resize.jpg
rCypr-2b9d1158-resize.jpg
st581ewqttx58gsa5lh.jpg
tn84s5flpjhgzgohrc4g.jpg
vmqa5qce0drf7rldreq9.jpg
vea5688n5z5owth7bfnv.jpg
mvsqaxvfwsi2kuu3k6mq.jpg
mrdvbsd2oqr7iszdmtuf.jpg
7twtlzexo3cd03md3640.jpg
1c32tajyviefm0uykck.jpg
3bu97dq9krfr27euln.jpg
qticm51yxlsjyhuocbb.jpg
2mgxsejm71b5r7sj7gbk.jpg
zsn6fy10nq6xxbzj3dvn.jpg
cpvkzi03ro50ioa2cko.jpg
fb1swdguzgbtc26v5mpf.jpg
rp4boh7xqz7b3pgk6i9u.jpg
00250hi.jpg
tumblr_l8xgig8Pd21qboe72o1_500.jpg
esmewisselsportraitrach.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Her expression was lulzy

hanaie

Reaction score
Ummm. You know what? I'm glad that I did have that therapy. The responses here are enough to drive even a perfectly normal person in to their shells. That said I'm sorry to have bothered you all. My choice of forums to have been off it seems. I agree there are countless forums out there, I could have chosen a forum that is welcoming to someone who is less than perfect.

Most of you told me to get to the gym. If I was such an out going person would I bother getting a expensive treadmill for me to use? Yes it is broken now, and it it will cost a lot to replace several of it's parts. It did break because my being on it for two hours every day and maintaining a 110 - 120 pounds weight. The weight gain is purely genetic, I'm under 850 calories a day and eat a diet of fruits, veggies, and plenty of water.

I did have a lean body few months ago and I perfectly understand that to look good in anything, being fit helps. However, no one can burn their fat overnight. I'm not perfect at all, but I want to start facing the world sometime soon before the effects of my therapy wears off. I'm not obese, so is a little imperfection that much of a problem? I did post my picture on the original post, it wasn't as bad as many make it sound. Maybe it was my own fault for asking this in a style and fashion forum where everyone is perfect and flawless.

Right now I'm looking for clothes that look good on the current me. I took some liberties with my measurements to be a little lenient (adding an extra inch here and there) for comfort. I don't mind spending money, as I have enough saved. Besides I'm just getting two tops and two bottoms. Shoes and belts if need to be. Investing in myself to change is never a waste, even if I may not wear these clothes after a month from now. I just need quality trial outfits, to check out what I like. What image is it that I'm looking for.

whodini, I avoid topics that has exceeded 20 pages. Why? because it will be impossible for me to keep track of my own question or answers to that in the future. These big topics are not always helpful. Big threads are great for picture dump or other uses. For discussions... no. I'm sorry if my actions were too much of an infraction. Also if a topic has "noob" written anywhere, then I tend to avoid it as well. It's rather insulting, so it might not have anything useful for me. Newbie is a better way to address people I think. ^-^'

People aren't necessarily ignoring the thread at the top. Many just don't want to be a part of it.

True that. I did read through few pages before I actually registered an account here.

Anyway. Makeshift, Listi, James_M your responses on the other hand were helpful. Thanks!

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i cant tell if youre a troll or a real person. under 850 calories a day sounds like a rather extreme underestimation to me, i suggest you count calories more carefully if you think you're eating 850 calories a day and gaining weight. fix your treadmill. nothing is worth investing money in more than your health (no, not even your clothes
laugh.gif
) thats the most serious advice you'll get out of me on this thread

Schpacko

Reaction score
850 calories is waaaay too little, you shouldnt fall below about 1500, otherwise your metabolism will automatically slow down and losing weight will get tougher and tougher. Just eat "healthy" and work out, losing weight should be a very slow process.

BTW: There's a bunch of very bored, embittered and frustrated morons in here like Jet, Uncontrol, KitaAkira. Just put 'em on ignore and this forum can be a pretty good source for information.

hanaie

Reaction score
lmaozedong, troll? with all those nice posts to choose from in this thread, you consider me to be a troll? quite amazing really. ~_~ Yes, I was wrong it was about 950 calories average some days about 1026's-1050's. The fat gain is purely genetic, and sitting in front of the computer for 18/7 for the past four months didn't help either. I don't gain a lot of weight, maybe a few ponds a week or two. It all adds up over a time if you are not exercising though. Schpacko, I used to stay within 1650 while I used to exercise, but since the treadmill broke down I tried to reduce the calorie intake just to be safe. I guess I'll have to take a good look at my diet. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads