1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What can I wear? Ideas? (gender neutral)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hanaie, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

I'm digging all the Louis C.K. jokes in this thread. Major win.

Also... what was this thread about? >__>

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

rather than being too cool for the room guy, just click the close box and let people who have honest questions get honest answers.

Like, for instance, in the "Ask a Question, Get an Answer" thread, which exists right here, in the forum.

I'm not on the forum to ask about what jeans are acceptable, what colors go with what, etc. I've got that down. I want to talk about other neat shit, not have the entire front page be quick questions from people who are new to the forum. It's a forum of discussion, not fucking Yahoo Answers.

Rather than being the righteous rebel who fights on behalf of the little guy, just click the close box and let people who want to talk about fashion talk about fashion instead of constantly telling people where to buy APCs.

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

high fashion is not an exoteric field of study. smugness is part of the process...

"Esoteric"

Also, what the fuck do your sentences mean

4. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

5. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

"Esoteric"

Also, what the fuck do your sentences mean

No.

Exoteric: "not belonging, limited, or pertaining to the inner or select circle, as of disciples or intimates"

He's saying that it is esoteric and not exoteric, therefore there is an inherent level of smugness.

6. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

No.

Exoteric: "not belonging, limited, or pertaining to the inner or select circle, as of disciples or intimates"

He's saying that it is esoteric and not exoteric, therefore there is an inherent level of smugness.

In which case he would be slightly mistaken, since only one level of high fashion can be invariably called 'esoteric', that is, the level which designs, never the level which can wear

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

This thread is turning out well so far

8. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

i get your frustration. here's an idea: rather than manning a 2000 page sticky and brain-washing every 10k poster to enforce their ideals for styleforum, how about you creating a newb forum? that way people with one off questions can ask them, and people who's lives revolve around policing this forum can relieve themselves.

If people can't be bothered to see the thread at the top, I bet the majority of people will skip out on the noob forum. Unless we pull a 90s and put it in giant flaming animated letters. Maybe then.

9. Regal

Regal Well-Known Member

"Esoteric" Also, what the fuck do your sentences mean
    Yikes.

10. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

i get your frustration. here's an idea: rather than manning a 2000 page sticky and brain-washing every 10k poster to enforce their ideals for styleforum, how about you creating a newb forum? that way people with one off questions can ask them, and people who's lives revolve around policing this forum can relieve themselves.

but this is more fun

11. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

People aren't necessarily ignoring the thread at the top. Many just don't want to be a part of it.
    Are you nominating yourself as speaker of the noobs? Perhaps then you can host your own thread in here so all the stupidity is centralized in one location.

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

This threak needs another booster. This thread is now also about EsmÃ[​IMG] Wissels and not about noobs like nanopelican, what an attention whore [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. whodini

whodini Senior member

Why'd you have to end on that last one? Yeeeikes.

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Her expression was lulzy

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

16. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

this post was derailed by kit. post removed !

17. hanaie

hanaie Member

Ummm. You know what? I'm glad that I did have that therapy. The responses here are enough to drive even a perfectly normal person in to their shells. That said I'm sorry to have bothered you all. My choice of forums to have been off it seems. I agree there are countless forums out there, I could have chosen a forum that is welcoming to someone who is less than perfect.

Most of you told me to get to the gym. If I was such an out going person would I bother getting a expensive treadmill for me to use? Yes it is broken now, and it it will cost a lot to replace several of it's parts. It did break because my being on it for two hours every day and maintaining a 110 - 120 pounds weight. The weight gain is purely genetic, I'm under 850 calories a day and eat a diet of fruits, veggies, and plenty of water.

I did have a lean body few months ago and I perfectly understand that to look good in anything, being fit helps. However, no one can burn their fat overnight. I'm not perfect at all, but I want to start facing the world sometime soon before the effects of my therapy wears off. I'm not obese, so is a little imperfection that much of a problem? I did post my picture on the original post, it wasn't as bad as many make it sound. Maybe it was my own fault for asking this in a style and fashion forum where everyone is perfect and flawless.

Right now I'm looking for clothes that look good on the current me. I took some liberties with my measurements to be a little lenient (adding an extra inch here and there) for comfort. I don't mind spending money, as I have enough saved. Besides I'm just getting two tops and two bottoms. Shoes and belts if need to be. Investing in myself to change is never a waste, even if I may not wear these clothes after a month from now. I just need quality trial outfits, to check out what I like. What image is it that I'm looking for.

whodini, I avoid topics that has exceeded 20 pages. Why? because it will be impossible for me to keep track of my own question or answers to that in the future. These big topics are not always helpful. Big threads are great for picture dump or other uses. For discussions... no. I'm sorry if my actions were too much of an infraction. Also if a topic has "noob" written anywhere, then I tend to avoid it as well. It's rather insulting, so it might not have anything useful for me. Newbie is a better way to address people I think. ^-^'

People aren't necessarily ignoring the thread at the top. Many just don't want to be a part of it.

True that. I did read through few pages before I actually registered an account here.

Anyway. Makeshift, Listi, James_M your responses on the other hand were helpful. Thanks!

18. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

i cant tell if youre a troll or a real person. under 850 calories a day sounds like a rather extreme underestimation to me, i suggest you count calories more carefully if you think you're eating 850 calories a day and gaining weight. fix your treadmill. nothing is worth investing money in more than your health (no, not even your clothes [​IMG] ) thats the most serious advice you'll get out of me on this thread

19. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

850 calories is waaaay too little, you shouldnt fall below about 1500, otherwise your metabolism will automatically slow down and losing weight will get tougher and tougher. Just eat "healthy" and work out, losing weight should be a very slow process.

BTW: There's a bunch of very bored, embittered and frustrated morons in here like Jet, Uncontrol, KitaAkira. Just put 'em on ignore and this forum can be a pretty good source for information.

20. hanaie

hanaie Member

lmaozedong, troll? with all those nice posts to choose from in this thread, you consider me to be a troll? quite amazing really. ~_~ Yes, I was wrong it was about 950 calories average some days about 1026's-1050's. The fat gain is purely genetic, and sitting in front of the computer for 18/7 for the past four months didn't help either. I don't gain a lot of weight, maybe a few ponds a week or two. It all adds up over a time if you are not exercising though. Schpacko, I used to stay within 1650 while I used to exercise, but since the treadmill broke down I tried to reduce the calorie intake just to be safe. I guess I'll have to take a good look at my diet. Thanks.