• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What can I do with my Kenneth Coles and Bostonians?

Bruce9241

Reaction score
I currently have 10 pairs of shoes in my collection. Most are Ferragamos, one pair of Mezlan and two pairs of Bostonian and 1 pair of Kenneth Coles.

I absolutely hate the Bostonians and Kenneth Coles. They are so ugly and uncomfortable. I checked ebay and it doesn't look like people buy these two brands. The new Bostonians on ebay are going for around $30.....

What can I do with these shoes? I don't really wanna throw them away since I paid about $70 each for the Bostonians and only wore them about five times each. The Kenneth Coles are about three years old and are still in good shape (but look ugly as hell with its square toes).

Any suggestions?

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bruce9241
I currently have 10 pairs of shoes in my collection. Most are Ferragamos, one pair of Mezlan and two pairs of Bostonian and 1 pair of Kenneth Coles.

I absolutely hate the Bostonians and Kenneth Coles. They are so ugly and uncomfortable. I checked ebay and it doesn't look like people buy these two brands. The new Bostonians on ebay are going for around $30.....

What can I do with these shoes? I don't really wanna throw them away since I paid about $70 each for the Bostonians and only wore them about five times each. The Kenneth Coles are about three years old and are still in good shape (but look ugly as hell with its square toes).

Any suggestions?

Donate to charity.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beater shoes. I sometimes wear a pair of vintage johnston & murphy when walking dogs or just bumming around the yard. Keep in mind, for a lot of people, KC, Bostonian, and etc are 'fancy shoes', so it's somewhat appealing to bounce around in these labels not really giving a ****. If you really just do not like them, donate them to goodwill/charity.

woodywoodson

Reaction score
I donate my sartorial missteps of days gone by to local thrift stores once have replaced them with something better, if I don't need them for beater shoes, etc.

tbone226

Reaction score
Use them as your inclement weather shoes (for rain and snow).

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tbone226
Use them as your inclement weather shoes (for rain and snow).

That is the best use for these shoes. Assuming that they are suitable in appearance, wear them on days when it is raining cats and dogs and you just know you are going to step in a poodle.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Salvation Army...just let them go. Just let them go...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ditto on Salvation Army, you can mark them up when you write them off
devil.gif

Bruce9241

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
If you do up good auctions, you could get something out of them on ebay.

that sounds great. What does a good auction consist of?

I really do not just want to throw these shoes away because they were purchased very recently and are still considered new.

Its weird because even when its raining outside, I still do not feel comfortable wearing these ugly shoes. I know, Im a sick person. But aren't we all?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wear them in good health!
smile.gif
Give them to a homeless person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads