1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Business to start on a low budget?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Mr_Incognito, May 31, 2011.

1. joymorrison1

joymorrison1 New Member

There are many small business ideas available that you star with low budget. I suggest you small firm which does not want huge investment. If you start with small business you can manage business problems.

2. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Senior member

The internet might be the best place to start, depending on low his funds are.

3. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Try commercial cleaning franchise

cleaning ambulances seems to be a pretty lucrative business.

4. Elusive

Elusive Senior member

Go into the service industry and pick up small contracts it is less competitive and you can still have a regular job until you get enough for full time income.

PC servicing is very hot and very in demand

5. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

to the guy who said offer a service rather than a product, i agree completely. if i ever started a business -- and i never would -- it'd be providing a service. i know a bunch of idiots that own successful gyms. unsure how much that costs to start up but all you do is maintain your equipment and get your books straight. over time you'll rake it in if you have a good location.

6. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Online website selling fad products.

1 person likes this.
  7. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

Online website selling fad products.

i think i read somewhere that the guy who started the website for the "we killed osama" t-shirts made six figures in...god, weeks.

8. kiwilist

kiwilist New Member

@Mr Incognito - I suggest your cousin to complete his study in businss administration and then think about the business. Withought any business knowledge he cannot do anything.

9. jdh11

jdh11 New Member

As other serious posters suggested - try some sort of business that functions as a service so you don't need inventory (which requires a lot of startup capital). Some service that makes life more convenient for people - professional organizer, car leasing broker, mortgage broker.

I know someone who is a car leasing broker - he makes arrangements with several car dealerships for their cars that they have trouble moving off their inventory, and then he offers leases for any brand/models of cars, but he offers great deals for the ones that the dealers are trying to get rid of. And he delivers the car to people's homes and all the paperwork is taken care of at the time of delivery.

10. xpress

xpress Senior member

Most of these replies are pretty dumb.

Get him to open up a home inspection, or other low capital construction based business, and have him move to the Canadian east. LOTS of potential.

11. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

or buy some inventory sell it with the profit buy more repeat as needed. or possibly in invest in green house and get some opium coca seeds and make the inventory himself but ina ny event for nay oen that is think on their feet , has drive and is poor. drug dealing the way to go. and actually having a second job could actually help as it could give him conections to potential costumers.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  12. javyn

javyn Senior member

Have him start a 24 hour maid/cleaning service. You'll have men calling you at 4 am desperately needing someone to clean the house get rid of the evidence of the stripper party before his wife gets home in 4 hours from her business trip. Then he can gouge the shit out of him.

13. slycedbred

slycedbred Senior member

Your friend should've been building his 'business' since before he started college.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  14. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

How do you build your business before you start college? I am a junior in highschool right now and really interested in looking for ideas. Hope this doesn't derail thread.

15. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

did you even read the thread ? ilegal drugs sell them make them transport them who cares.

16. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

yeah and i also need inventory

17. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

you cannot find or buy seeds of something? even if you need green house ?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  18. slycedbred

slycedbred Senior member

I have a few pretty good steps:

1.) become a human. this means that you stop being mediocre. stop having nothing to differentiate you from anyone else.
    2.) take the thing that makes you different and explore why it makes you different
    3.) find out how you can package your humanity into a product
    4.) start out making a little bit of money. after a few years, you'll either still be making a little bit of money or be fucking insanely rich.

entrepreneurship in a nutshell

19. enzyme

enzyme Member

I'm new around here, so I'll gather the landscape before I start going in on some people with their absurd remarks.

1. Vending Machines
    2. Street Sweeper
    3. Courier Service
    4. Janitorial Service

Bundle it all up into enterprise facilities management solutions.

20. blackjack

blackjack Senior member

Tried proven and boring ideas are probably the way to go. However, if he wants new cool and different, then he might want to take a look at the various new businesses listed on this site:

http://www.springwise.com/