What Business to start on a low budget?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Mr_Incognito, May 31, 2011.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

The business he should start is the business of gettin a job.

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

the only thing I can think of is entering a pyramid scheme. best for him to seek employment first.

3. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Try commercial cleaning franchise

This is the only serious anwser in the thread.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

He is quite adamant on starting his business soon and I feel he can do pretty well based on his business and people skills. I just want to suggest him some businesses where the chances of success are somewhat higher than average.

If he has such great business skills should he not be able to figure out which business to start on his own? [​IMG]

Prostitution?

[​IMG] Well played. I think we can also submit dealing drugs.

5. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] Well played. I think we can also submit dealing drugs.
    Requires inventory. With the older profession, the less you have on the shelf, the more you can charge.

6. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Requires inventory. With the older profession, the less you have on the shelf, the more you can charge.

True but you need to diversify and it seems whole sale operations will front inventory with no money down quite often.

8. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

I have a cousin that opened an eyebrow threading kiosk in a local mall a few years ago...I think I still have a partial tear in my abdomen from laughing so hard at the idea. Fast forward to 2011- he now has 6 storefront locations total in all the major malls of Milwaukee, St.Louis, and Madison.

whowuddthunk.

9. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

10. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Everybody wants to start a fucking business.

11. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

My dad used to say "Go to work for someone first and make your mistakes there. Then start your own business".

12. Hornswaggler

Hornswaggler Well-Known Member

My Cousin has just graduated from college in Canada with a Business Diploma, he is very keen on starting his own business from his college savings. I would really appreciate if you could suggest some ideas for him to look into. Thanks.

Honestly?

Since he doesn't know what business he wants to get into, I'd say a skilled trade (e.g. electrician, plumber, handyman). He'll have to get his hands dirty though, and work for someone else until he gets those skills (meanwhile, he can keep building up that savings account). Then, once he's finished an apprenticeship, the Business Diploma might come in handy (and that's assuming that a business diploma is worth more than most MBAs are in the US, in terms of actual knowledge acquired).

13. HEARTLESS-531

HEARTLESS-531 Senior member

-Anything to do with Children's entertainment
    -Medical headhunting - dental, nursing, etc.
    -Pre-school, K-6 grade private school
    -Topics pertaining to yuppies (new diets, retirement, how not to be ugly and fat, etc.)
    **Save like a mofo, avoid starting a restaurant, and always know your costs. ALWAYS.
    Artisan Fan? Could you please weigh in. This guy has a boat load of business experience.
    From what I've observed, you can copy success (fast food franchise) for a modest return, or really go outside the box for fantastic returns. Blaze a new path. It has to be different. Best of luck bro.

14. Kai

Kai Senior member

Best business to start with a low budget is software related.

Create an Android App, or iPhone App, or software of some sort. Very little capital investment required.

Only problem is that you need to know something about software development in order to make this work, and I'm guessing that your friend doesn't have the necessary skills.

15. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

Go to an underdeveloped country, buy a plot of land, and hire locals for little to no pay to ranch exotic animals or extract rare earth minerals. You won't be well liked but you will be able to hire a small militia to keep the employees in check after the first or second season. You can always start an import/export business, esp. from war-torn countries with historical artifacts. Set up shop in tourist country like Malta or Puerto Rico to sell the goods. Third, you can always write a book on weight loss, and market your book to a niche, such as overweight lesbians or diabetic nuns.