• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What brought you to Styleforum?

SwB411

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
The recession.

No kidding. I was looking to completely overhaul my wardrobe and a friend directed me to the B&S sub. Worst and best thing i've ever done. I'm poor again, but damn I look good.

clotheshorse69

Reaction score
Gotta laugh at the (many, many) middle aged men who come here never having dressed well in their lives, and now want to start a decent wardrobe from scratch.
rotflmao.gif
They f*ck up the forumz for the rest of us (the influx of A-E/Alden threads, ****** brands like JAB & MW etc., etc.)...
censored.gif

SwB411

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clotheshorse69
Gotta laugh at the (many, many) middle aged men who come here never having dressed well in their lives, and now want to start a decent wardrobe from scratch.
rotflmao.gif
They f*ck up the forumz for the rest of us (the influx of A-E/Alden threads, ****** brands like JAB & MW etc., etc.)...
censored.gif

You're assuming quite a bit there.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm still mulling over whether to join or not.

- B

that_was_easy

Reaction score
The geeks (term of endearment) over at Metafilter. Then I come to find out Self Edge, which I'd been inside of before, was hyped to quantum levels.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Now I'm thinking it's time to fold up shop and move on. It would be nice to end with post #2345.

Didn't you try that for Lent?
decisions.gif

dropout5

Reaction score
i googled something like "can you wear brown shoes with gray pants" to prove to a friend that it was ok. i liked the forum at first, then read some more and decided that everyone on here was a ridiculous snob since they didn't think ferragamo shoes were any good. walked away for over a year and have recently become obsessed (and have traded in my ferragamos for c&j, alden, and church's). my girlfriend told me the other night she was worried about how much time i spend reading this forum. who's the ridiculous snob now?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
Didn't you try that for Lent?
decisions.gif

I'm always trying that ... this is the worse damn case of addiction I've ever faced head-on.

I love the see-saw ... halo and fire ... forever drawn toward purity ... always looking over the shoulder at the profane.

henrikc

Reaction score
Decided that I wanted to lurk around some bigger forums, and then I registered just to buy a pocket square. Can't say that I'm super-active here, but I love following the WAYWT threads.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Google. IIRC I was looking for some info on a suit, specifically removing pleats from a pair of pants, and SF came up in the search results. I joined because it made it easier to search, and I didn't do anything but lurk for quite a while. I was a member for about seven months before I made my first post.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was searching for information about the quality and durability of leather soled shoes and SF was about the 4th hit from google. I lurked for about 2 months before I started posting.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Searching for Cucinelli sweaters on the cheap ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads