• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What brick and mortar stores carry Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP?

GruntingCod

Reaction score
I recently bought some Red Wing GT's and I am looking to get a few products to keep them in good condition. I have had many people recommend Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP, but I am unable to find any retail stores which carry it.

Are there no brick and mortar stores which carry this product. If so, any chains or stores in the Bay Area, specifically the East Bay?

Thanks.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought two pairs of Red Wing Chukka's (3140 and 3141) and was about to order some Red Wing Leather Protector. Is Obenauf's going to be better or even appropriate for me?

mercretas

Reaction score
I use Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP (ordered from Cabela's) on an old pair of Red Wings and it works great. However, it darkens the color significantly. So if you want to keep the iconic "Red Wing" color, the Red Wing brand protector might be a better bet. I couldn't find any local shops that carried Obenauf's.

redwinglover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salad
I just bought two pairs of Red Wing Chukka's (3140 and 3141) and was about to order some Red Wing Leather Protector. Is Obenauf's going to be better or even appropriate for me?

hi,

could you please post some fitpictures and how much have you paid for a pair ?

thx
redwinglover

laughter95

Reaction score
buy it from SCHNEE'S BOOTS & SHOES

i just bought the big tub (probably a bad idea, since i'll likely end up losing it before i even scrape past using 5% of the product...) for 10 dollars... maybe 12 after shipping cost. just remember to call in your order and ask if they could adjust the shipping cost for the item.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads