1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What brand of running shoes do you wear?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by clarinetplayer, Oct 15, 2009.

1. furo

furo Senior member

Brooks Addiction - best motion control shoe I could find for my flat feet. Just ordered my 3rd pair today. Other two worn out.

2. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

3. ibleedwhite

ibleedwhite Senior member

Brooks Addiction - best motion control shoe I could find for my flat feet. Just ordered my 3rd pair today. Other two worn out.

what are motion control shoes?

4. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

Vibram Five Fingers, and I find them great for my squats/deadlifts as well.

5. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

Running shoes, like suburban houses and automobiles, are an area where terrible design has established itself as the norm. It is sad.

I'm wearing Saucony Fast-Twitches right now, which are more or less tolerable.

6. furo

furo Senior member

what are motion control shoes?

Motion control shoes help stabilize the foot during your stride to control over pronation, a common problem with flat feet like mine.

Two years ago I started using them after visiting a professional running shop for the first time (saw videotape of my stride).

If you over-pronate, I'd definitely give them a try

7. zoorado

zoorado Senior member

Mizuno Wave Creation 10. The next in the series, Wave Creation 11, sounds like a very big update in technology.

8. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

New Balance motion control shoes - don't remember model number but it's one of the higher end US-made versions. I have feet as wide as a duck's, and NB comes is readily avaialable in the wide sizes that feel right - with other brands, my little toe feels like it is going to get amputated after a couple of hours.

9. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

I hate it nowadays that running shoe companies are trying to achieve a snugger fit by narrowing the toe box.

Nonethless, New balance is still my choice.

I like vibram and nike frees but only for runs of less than 3 miles.

10. kontai69

kontai69 Senior member

I've been wearing Saucony's for years. Been using the ProGrid Omni 4,5,6,and now 7. Looks like they came out with the 8's already.

But yeah, running shoes are a personal choice and there is certainly no "best" brand.

11. Fatto_in_Italia

Fatto_in_Italia Well-Known Member

Used to run on nike zoom, but they only gave me knee problems.
    Now I'm running on Asics (GT 2140) and they seem to be a better match.

12. ibleedwhite

Motion control shoes help stabilize the foot during your stride to control over pronation, a common problem with flat feet like mine.

Two years ago I started using them after visiting a professional running shop for the first time (saw videotape of my stride).

If you over-pronate, I'd definitely give them a try

interesting.

13. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

Saucony or New Balance.

14. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I hate it nowadays that running shoe companies are trying to achieve a snugger fit by narrowing the toe box.

Nonethless, New balance is still my choice.

I like vibram and nike frees but only for runs of less than 3 miles.

Yes, Nike is the worst with the narrow toe box. I loved the pair of lunar trainers I had, but the racers were just to slim. I have found the best racing flats that can handle high mileage for me are Brooks ST Racer 3's. They have a toe box that is just a bit wider and that makes all the difference.
    Has anyone tried Mizuno Wave Musha 2s? I have heard they are a bit wider than most int he toe box and the weight is really similar to the Brooks I have been running in the last year or so. No running shop around here has them, migh just have to order a pair and see how they work out.

15. kmwrestle

kmwrestle Senior member

16. moolala

moolala Senior member

brooks and asics are my top two. Can't go wrong with either. Great support if you find a decent model

17. MikeinSoCal

MikeinSoCal Active Member

Asics Gel Kayano 15's I got on sale.

I've been meaning to hit the local New Balance store though for a proper fitting. I plan on getting more serious with my running, and I think it's best I get the right shoes (cushion vs. stability?).

18. gram thorpe

gram thorpe Active Member

I have switched myself from reebok to newbalance for running and sport purposes.

19. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

20. ibleedwhite

i research and I found that the lightest Asics shoes are the asics gel-speedstar series. Does anyone have any experience in them?