• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What brand of running shoes do you wear?

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mizuno Wave Alchemy 8

I would try the 5-fingers but I don't think I would like them

spencers

Reaction score
asics. tried and true

kayano for training
hyperspeed for races

Exalt

Reaction score
I've only been buying Saucony for the past 3 years... they are perfect.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nike Air Equalons and they have to be the best fitting running shoe I have ever worn.

epb

Reaction score
Just bought another two pair of Sauconys.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to run in Asics Gel Kayanos, but they wear very quickly (couple of months usually), but I switched to New Balance when I was training for my first marathon and never looked back. I've used 990, 1999, 2000, 2001 and since they discontinued the 2001, I've been in 993s. Very comfortable and they wear much better than the Asics.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Regular training: Adidas Supernova Classic - going on fifth pair in three years, lightweight, responsive, durable.
Speedwork: Adidas Rotterdam
Track work: Adidas Supernova comp.

liked Mizuno Maverick when the first model came out, but the revamp left me cold. For some reason Nikes never fit me right, and New Balances just don't breathe enough - I had to wring my socks out during summer long runs.

pinchi22

Reaction score
Asics Kayano. Works for me, though New Balance also work fairly well for my flat feet.

supermidget

Reaction score
really, whatever brand makes the best shoe for whatever purpose i need them for at the moment.

i train in nike flats and asics speedstars, race in nike flats at the moment, but i have absolutely no brand loyalty

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whatevers on special in the big 'Bin 'O Shoes'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads