• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What brand of luggage are you using?

mrbowtie

Reaction score
Just curious if you attention to detail carries over to your luggage. I personally use Mandarina Duck luggage which I love. It's very handy, has a lot of neat storage features, and looks quite nice.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, the only luggage worth spending money (and attention to detail on) is your carry-on stuff. Other than durability (and weight with current luggage restrictions and fees), anything that's going into cargo gets beat up way too much to "waste" money on.

I have a navy Red Oxx Air Boss for my carry-on and I just bought an eBags house brand rolling duffel that I have yet to use but researched a couple months ago as being very sturdy and relatively light.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A hand-me-down beat up Halliburton with stickers and everything, courtesy of Phat Guido. Best suitcase ever!

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a big rolling duffel which is big and light and gets the job done. I don't remember who made it, but it was pretty cheap. I used to have large nice Samsonite suitcases, but living in a NYC apartment, there's really nowhere to store them.

Mostly, I use my Trafalgar norwalk overnight bag:
1d3369c9.jpg

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbowtie
Just curious if you attention to detail carries over to your luggage. I personally use Mandarina Duck luggage which I love. It's very handy, has a lot of neat storage features, and looks quite nice.

This describes about 99.99875% of the suitcases/luggages out there.

It always cracks me up when I see these people in their LV luggage with the plastic protective wraps at the airport. I'm always so tempted to go by and kick them.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Samsonite soft (fabric) . They're well thought out and durable. Form Follows Function for this one.

mrmax

Reaction score
Rimowa Silver Integral. I'm on a plane/train/ferry at least once a week and this is luggage that just looks better as it ages.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd generally agree, but Briggs & Riley seems to be the exception. Lifetime no hassle warranty. You don't need a proof of purchase (strangely, they accept the fact that you have the bag as proof that you own their bag), no shipping (just drop it anywhere that sells it), and they don't exclude wear and tear or damage done by airline. In fact there are no exclusions. They won't clean your luggage for cosmetic reasons, but they will fix zippers, wheels, worn fabric, for the life of your bag, whoever owns it. The only reason I've ever replaced pieces was to get a lighter bag or one that serves a different need. My rolling duffel is excellent for international travel. Rolling suit bag will be my next purchase. As you can imagine it aint cheap, but it's competitive with companies that do much less (Tumi, Victorinox, etc.)

Originally Posted by Jumbie
IMO, the only luggage worth spending money (and attention to detail on) is your carry-on stuff. Other than durability (and weight with current luggage restrictions and fees), anything that's going into cargo gets beat up way too much to "waste" money on.

jesask

Reaction score
I have a large Patagonia rolling duffel. The wheels are great and it holds a ton.

bjm

Reaction score
wife made me buy T. Anthony wheelie like this one. Even though I think its a little gay...I use it for business travel.

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
I'd generally agree, but Briggs & Riley seems to be the exception. Lifetime no hassle warranty. You don't need a proof of purchase (strangely, they accept the fact that you have the bag as proof that you own their bag), no shipping (just drop it anywhere that sells it), and they don't exclude wear and tear or damage done by airline. In fact there are no exclusions. They won't clean your luggage for cosmetic reasons, but they will fix zippers, wheels, worn fabric, for the life of your bag, whoever owns it. The only reason I've ever replaced pieces was to get a lighter bag or one that serves a different need. My rolling duffel is excellent for international travel. Rolling suit bag will be my next purchase. As you can imagine it aint cheap, but it's competitive with companies that do much less (Tumi, Victorinox, etc.)

+1 on Briggs & Riley. I had AA once throw it through a grinder (or so it seemed) and I got it back fully repaired by Briggs within about a week - no questions asked. Nicely designed too (I like the external handles) and very functional.

towen

Reaction score
Globe-trotter is great, although it's impossible to find in the U.S. I did pick up a few pieces of their Jcrew collaboration this year though.

For carryon, I use Ghurka.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbowtie

My Mandarina Duck bag broke and I have yet to send it for repairs yet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads