• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What brand of boots are these that Ryan Gosling is wearing?

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those aren't the same boot. Note the heel counter and eyelets.

and sole

Last edited:

TheSAmmm

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure they are. they are just really worn out so the bottom is not grooved anymore and the color of the eyelets is worn out

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is that broad next to him? His mom? His handler?

BTW, since he is Canadian, it is likely he was wearing Aldo boots.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure they are. they are just really worn out so the bottom is not grooved anymore and the color of the eyelets is worn out

Sorry you're wrong. Look at the heel counter. It's stitched on. The RW workboot you posted isnt.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

omg  i finally found them !! they indeed are red wings. not only does ryan wear them , but taylor lautner and justin theroux also very the same if not extremely extremely similar pairs 

The Internet

Reaction score
I don't think they're Iron Rangers as the top three eyelets aren't fast lace. Possibly the Beckman or Heritage though yet the sole on Gosling's always seems too lightweight for a typical 'work boot' to me. I don't think they're parade boots either. I've worn a pair for a few years now and Gosling's don't look structured enough for an issued boot and again, the sole would never get to that level or become that narrow. Canadian parade boots are very clunky as well and the leather on his seems to be extremely soft. They look highly likely to be steel toed though.

The pair he wears seem to go with absolutely everything and look fantastic in my opinion, would be good to finally nail down a brand or where he got them. Needs to be squeezed in as an interview question.

JohnnyBananas

Reaction score
Hmm true. I guess they arent Iron Rangers and I really like them. What I do like are those jeans too. Anyone know what jeans they are?

Returningson

Reaction score
I want to resurrect this thread as I think I got a definitive lead on Theroux's boots.

I was looking for a pair of military combats like his and I think I nailed down his specific model

I believe they are a vintage pair of Genesco Vietnam era combat boots

the eyelets, lace design and overall shape seem to match

here is a beaten pair dated 1969 and I think these are indeed the closest match. Hope this helps people!

I know this may seem trivial to some people but I figured why not share! :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads