• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what belt with colored converse shoes?

Pink22m

Reaction score
(repost from men's clothing)

I've recently begun wearing Converse Jack Purcell sneakers, but I'm stuck regarding the proper belt to wear with these shoes. I have a couple pairs - light grey and navy blue, but no matching belts for them. Converse doesn't seem to make colored canvas belts, and I'm wondering what other forum members wear for belts when they don their Converse sneakers. I'd think a canvas or braided belt would be appropriate, but I can't seem to find the right colors. My only other thought is to try a white canvas or braided belt to match the vamp and edge of the shoe.

brozek

Reaction score
I can't imagine a better way to illustrate the difference between MC and SW&D than this thread.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, please repost to MC.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Match the belt with the rest of your clothes dogg, don't go out of your way to exactly match a grey canvas belt with grey canvas shoes. Grey & navy work well with white, black, brown, burgundy or any other thing. Go nuts.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown leather, always brown leather.

Match if you want, but I don't find that it's necessary.

Pink22m

Reaction score
Really? After 700+ posts and this is all you can do, OP?
Really, "Prada_Ferragamo?"
biggrin.gif
Brown leather, always brown leather. Match if you want, but I don't find that it's necessary.
While you are correct that matching isn't always necessary, I just haven't liked wearing my brown leather belts with my converse shoes. I found a navy cotton belt on Lacoste which I think I'll try.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pink22m
I've recently begun wearing Converse Jack Purcell sneakers,

What were you wearing before?

Pink22m

Reaction score
What were you wearing before?
I suppose I'm late to wearing Converse. Prior to them, my sneaker collection consisted of a pair of suede Santonis, two pairs of brown Diesels, and a stone suede pair of Ecco's.

300zx1985

Reaction score
Paying this much attention to trivial things takes away any coolness your clothes will have and make you look like an overpolished turd

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think robbie is one of the few regular posters here still occasionally posting fit pics involving converse. I actually swapped out my usual boots for converse in a fit pic that I posted last summer. Everyone appeared to feel the converse detracted from what would have been an otherwise good fit. You have to admit, converse does tend to look awfully cheap.

Maybe you should consider some different footwear? Trying to match your belt to converse is likely not going to cut it. Post fit pics of your converse problem if you want more constructive feedback.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pink22m
ing isn't always necessary, I just haven't liked wearing my brown leather belts with my converse shoes. I found a navy cotton belt on Lacoste which I think I'll try.

You should be set with Navy. That also goes with just about everything.

Originally Posted by BB1
I think robbie is one of the few regular posters here still occasionally posting fit pics involving converse. I actually swapped out my usual boots for converse in a fit pic that I posted last summer. Everyone appeared to feel the converse detracted from what would have been an otherwise good fit. You have to admit, converse does tend to look awfully cheap.

Maybe you should consider some different footwear? Trying to match your belt to converse is likely not going to cut it. Post fit pics of your converse problem if you want more constructive feedback.

I think it really depends on the look you're going for. Personally, I like a pair of Chucks because it hearkens back to my old punk rock days, but that is an inherently "cheap" look. I do agree that they provide a rather limited range, especially the Purcell's which look best with a pair of shorts IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads