• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What belt to wear with Clarks desert boot?

bsblguy31

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Clarks desert boot in the sand suede and I love the look and feel so far. Now I have to find a belt that goes with them. Since I know many on the forum have these boots, I was wondering what kind of belt do you guys wear with them? Do you just try to match the sand color or do you look for one in suede, too? I found this belt online in a sand suede, but I'm not sure if it's going to look like overkill with the shoes. Also, it's kind of a dress belt and I'm going to be wearing the shoes with jeans or khakis so I'm not sure how it'd look. Thoughts?

Deluks917

Reaction score
You don't really need to "match" your belt to a pair of clarks. Just wear what looks natural.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just wear a plain, dark brown calf leather belt.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think woven belts in brown or tan leather look great with casual suede shoes. I have bought recently some woven fabric and cord belts, one in blue and one in a natural cotton color that would go with desert boots. You might also consider fabric belts with D rings.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a couple canvas ribbon belts in dark grey and olive green that I wear with my sand Desert Treks. I don't think you need to match exactly with such casual kicks.

bsblguy31

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think I'm going to go with a cotton d ring one in a khaki color. Something like this maybe.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been dreaming of finding a D-ring like the cotton ones but made of undyed hemp. I figure it'll have a more interesting texture and age better. (I live in like the hemp capital of Canada, so it really shouldn't be that hard to find...
confused.gif
)

VictorC

Reaction score
Ive never seen a d ring belt in a shop before. But i like the look of them and will try look for them.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsblguy31
Just bought a pair of Clarks desert boot in the sand suede and I love the look and feel so far. Now I have to find a belt that goes with them. Since I know many on the forum have these boots, I was wondering what kind of belt do you guys wear with them? Do you just try to match the sand color or do you look for one in suede, too? I found this belt online in a sand suede, but I'm not sure if it's going to look like overkill with the shoes. Also, it's kind of a dress belt and I'm going to be wearing the shoes with jeans or khakis so I'm not sure how it'd look. Thoughts?

I usually buy my belts for my pants not my shoes. ???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads