• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your unproportional/awkward body parts? Style implications?

SwedishFish

Reaction score
Like most people, some parts of my body are awkward and unproportional. For example, my legs are very long and my upper body short, which makes me look short while seated. For someone my height, my wrists and hands are very skinny and small respectively. This has stylistic implications: I can not wear untucked shirts as they look too long because of my short torso, cuffs never fit snugly due to my skinny wrists, and finding well-fitting gloves is always a pain.

Now I'm curious to know what parts of your body are unproportional or otherwise awkward? How does this impact your ability to carry out certain styles? It would be nice if we could keep this clean, but I understand that the subject might prove too tempting for the "jokers" around...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Huge penis, and only one nut. It works out okay. I tuck the penis down the left leg, while the ball stays on the right.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have a michael phelps length torso and short legs

SwedishFish

Reaction score
I feel like the torso vs leg proportions present one of the greatest challenges in dressing well. Anyone know if there any "scientific" analyses that indicate the ideal ratio?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A huger penis than kwilks. I have to wear Bonobos.

SwedishFish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SwedishFish
It would be nice if we could keep this clean, but I understand that the subject might prove too tempting for the "jokers" around...

Should have written:

It would be nice if we could keep this clean, but I understand that the subject might prove too tempting for the curiously uninspired "jokers" around....

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should have written:

It would be nice if we could keep this clean, but I understand that the subject might prove too tempting for the curiously uninspired "jokers" around....

DT is spreadin', baby!

Fine, ass. Seriously, my legs are kind of muscular compared to the rest of me. I work out but nothing ever gets more jacked except my goddamn legs. So it's tough wearing nice suits like Black Label because the jacket fits great but the slim-fit pants are kind of snug.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Should have written:

Should have said "this is the internet, who gives a ****."

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Should have said "this is the internet, who gives a ****."

pwned.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have broad shoulders which makes well fitting OTR tops hard to find. I also have wide feet so many shoes that don't come in wide sizes don't fit all that well.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i have a michael phelps length torso and short legs

Same as this but I also have short arms and carry weight like a woman, around my hips/thighs.
frown.gif

2Scoops

Reaction score
My arms are longer than average. Pretty much leaving the dress shirt options to MTM.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
I have kinda broad shoulders compared to my waist so it's really hard to find shirts that fit well in the upper body and lower body.

Also, my legs are a little short in proportion to the rest of my body, which makes some outfits a little ridiculous looking.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my feet fit dress shoes differently (from each other) which really sucks

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
My chest is bigger than my shoulders claim, so shirts that fit perfect around my chest hang a little over the shoulder, it's annoying. I guess I need to work on delts more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads