• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your thoughts about men with color contacts?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see how coloured lenses would be "gay," literally or figuratively. This just supports the notion that gay men are necessarily somehow always trying to be trendy or fashionable, which is ridiculous.

However, I would say it's quite similar to a girl who coats her face in makeup. Or a guy who gets a chin implant or something. It's like you're trying to be someone you're not.

hannahmontana

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpalma121
I decided to get color lenses becuase I wanted to try something different. Not that i don't like the way I look but I always thought this would enhance my features a little bit. I got the Freshlook colorblends that have 3 colors instead of one. I only went a shade lighter but it has some gray/green in them but they look good. I've been getting more attention from the females than i was before. The only thing is that people who already know me might notice them and think i'm a little light in the loafers. Expecially the guys at the gym. I really shouldn't care what people think when it comes to my manhood but I sometimes think it's a little too metro. What do youall think? I'll post a pitcure if you want to see.

my take is:

- you look great in the pic, not sure how different it is from your normal look though

- if you are going to bust a move like this go big or go home. by that I mean do it with total confidence and committment or don't do it at all. if you think you need to validate your decision here, then maybe it wasn't the best thing for you to do in the first place. if you had posted, "dudes, I am rocking colored contacts and I look great!" then I think it would work better for you.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
I don't see how coloured lenses would be "gay," literally or figuratively. This just supports the notion that gay men are necessarily somehow always trying to be trendy or fashionable, which is ridiculous.

However, I would say it's quite similar to a girl who coats her face in makeup. Or a guy who gets a chin implant or something. It's like you're trying to be someone you're not.

There is nothing inherently gay about wearing colored contacts, however in the black community, it has become associated with a certan subset of gay black men who have adopted the practice. It's a signifier, like being a leatherman.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
There is nothing inherently gay about wearing colored contacts, however in the black community, it has become associated with a certan subset of gay black men who have adopted the practice. It's a signifier, like being a leatherman.
biggrin.gif
True, but those are often blue and look incredibly strange

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Color contacts on men is gay. I don't mean that as a pejorative either. When I see colored contacts on a man, I literally assume he's a homosexual. It's gay like pride rainbows are gay.

this

Bane

Reaction score
Do what makes you happy, knowing you're on a slippery slope toward shoe lifts and spanx...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads