• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your fitness credentials?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I went from 125lbs to over 200lbs and never went over 11% bf. I have a decent wealth of knowledge about anabolics, diet and training from personal experience and posting on a few boards for the last 8 or 9 years. When it comes down to it, you can sit down and explain to someone what needs to be done to build a good body in about 15 minutes, the rest is genetics and hard work-you don't need super fancy credentials-experience and understanding how to apply the "rules" of fitness to different people is worth more.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yup, why and I are gay partners.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
As OP you should probably let us know your credentials. Not being an ass, but if you ask others, you should probably mention your own.

Also, I don't know if the people who have the strongest opinions are going to weigh in. Though I wish they would.
confused.gif

I'm here to learn so I don't really have credentials. I do have a strong background in science that can help me sort through things. If I do give any advice it is normally tried and true information that I've been reading.

And I do wish some of the more outspoken people will post here as well.... namely beasty and why.

Patrician

Reaction score
Lost 22 lbs (about 10 kg) in 3 weeks with only dieting, no excercise.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Genuine concern for the progress and wellbeing of your clients is the best credential. No amount of knowledge or certification can substitute for that.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
you're right beasty, let's be friends. ...all friends trade gay pictures, so I'll go first, then you:
week2512.jpg
xoxo - muay thai boy

omg u hav fat abs lolzzz and why are your arms so small! hahaha

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^
wink.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
Reason for making this thread is so that you people who like to piss all over each other can post your credentials up here so that the rest of us that don't know you can get some background info on you....I know that Noir has already posted up what he is all about in his Ask a Fitness Model thread, but for the rest of you, many of us have no clue.

In other words, why should we give credence to what you have to offer regarding fitness advice?

I appreciate the spirit of your request, PP, but don't believe that it will end up serving any practical purpose. For one thing, anyone can claim to be anything on the Web as verification is all but impossible. For another, I think most of us already put more stock in posts that are reasonably stated and sensibly argued than we do in posts that are childishly boastful, self-serving, and demeaning to the opinions of others. Some folks just don't seem to understand that it's one thing to be right, quite another to be convincing.

I suspect that this thread will end up having more value as entertainment than anything else. So let the drama unfold...

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well we've already got some **** pics in here. Wait till everyone starts posting that as "credentials"...

You may have just started the gheyest thread in SF history.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really quick with Wikipedia. I also sometimes Google "pectoral workout."

pearl-sandow.jpg

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm here to learn so I don't really have credentials. I do have a strong background in science that can help me sort through things. If I do give any advice it is normally tried and true information that I've been reading.

And I do wish some of the more outspoken people will post here as well.... namely beasty and why.

Fair enough...

Told you the elephant in the room wouldn't pony up...
plain.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't tend to tell people things unless they ask. Anyway, I've worked in the industry since college. I own a private personal training franchise and have trained probably 100+ clients for an average of 6 months or more. I've worked and continue to work with people who come from different backgrounds in fitness from stuff like Div. I college sports to qualifying for Boston without writing a check to making cheesy workout videos. Most of the clientele are just people who 'want to tone up'. ACSM, AED/CPR, fitness competition, yadda yadda. It's enjoyable and satisfying and once I got out of training people regularly it's interesting to see the real reason most people work out and why they work out at the studio.
biggrin.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Most of the clientele are just people who 'want to tone up'.

Jeeez. No Ronnie or Jay wannabe type? Small timer.

Originally Posted by why
It's enjoyable and satisfying and once I got out of training people regularly it's interesting to see the real reason most people work out and why they work out at the studio.
biggrin.gif

Do tell.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Consultations are often depressing.

"I want to achieve x."

"Okay, you'll need to spend y time doing z."

"Ohh... is there some other way?"
*person never goes to gym again*

actually sometimes it's "alright, sounds awesome I'm gonna hit this **** hard!"
and then 1 week later *person never goes to gym again*

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads