• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your favourite cities and the cities that you hate?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Favorites: London, Amsterdam, Paris, Hong Kong, New York, Stockholm, Copenhagen
Hate: Las Vegas, Las Vegas, and Las Vegas.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Favourites - Rome, Montreal, Zurich, Napoli

Least Favorites - Berlin, Sydney, Las Vegas .... honestly I don't mind them at all. Berlin was a little to grungey for my tastes but is still fun. Sydney had no attractive local women but I also still had fun there. Las Vegas is pretty interesting once you venture to the off-strip bars/restaurants.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
ITT: humblebrag about your world travels.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favorite: Cleveland!

bullrams

Reaction score
Favorite: Mumbai, Chicago, NYC, Jaipur, Amsterdam

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best city is Memphis, and the worst city is a tie between Orlando and New York.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The best city is Memphis, and the worst city is a tie between Orlando and New York.

Memphis is a great place to spend a weekend. Nashville used to be a great place, but the influx of people in the last 10 years has turned it into an insufferable hipster central. Hell, I'd sooner spend a weekend in Knoxville than Nashville these days.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya know, I'm from the CLE and my favorite city is Cleveland and my least favorite cities are any cities that are not Cleveland

I am not from there, but have spent enough time there for work that I really fell in love with the city. I am always staying in various B&Bs in Ohio City (forgive me if you are an Eastsider), just a hop over the Memorial Bridge to restaurant row. Can also walk to my favorite bar in the world, the Velvet Tango Room. I miss the CLE so bad right now; all my sequestered friends. Had some great times, cried some warm tears in that fair city.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Memphis is a great place to spend a weekend. Nashville used to be a great place, but the influx of people in the last 10 years has turned it into an insufferable hipster central. Hell, I'd sooner spend a weekend in Knoxville than Nashville these days.
The good stuff still thrives there, but it went underground. Loose lips sink ships.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Asheville is a great place also, just unfortunate its economy lacks diversity.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
my parents told me I would hate New Orleans and "it's disgusting party scene, you don't want any of that."

but I went and it was glorious.

also my parents have never been to New Orleans and I'm in my mid-30's.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Faves: Carmel/Monterey, Tahoe, Rome, Florence, New Orleans.
Hate: Phoenix, Miami, any city contained in the CA Inland Empire.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads