• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are Your Favorite RTW Shirt Brands?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are your top three favorite RTW shirt brands? (Not MTM or bespoke please)

I've been searching lately for the closest to perfect RTW shirts and I would like to know what most SFer's are buying when not getting MTM or bespoke.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
my favorite is old Borrellis. Other than that, the rest of my closet of shirting is Charvet, T&A, and Ermenigildo Zegna with a handful of other random brands.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, if you were going out today to buy new shirts, and to pay retail prices, what would be the three brands that you would choose from?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would do TM Lewin or CT or BB ESF. But I'm cheap
wink.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
So, if you were going out today to buy new shirts, and to pay retail prices, what would be the three brands that you would choose from?

PAY RETAIL PRICES?!?!?! who the hell does that?! hehehe

if Im paying retail, id honestly go with CT or T&A. If borrelli was still making top notch stuff, theyd be on the list as well.

whew. ya got me all choked up with that retail price bullsh!t. good grief.
wink.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hadrian
Finamore then Kiton...

I must try these.....gah. I like to think i have some pretty great shirting...but nothing from kiton or finamore...and finamore looks freaking gorgeous.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
H&K, T&A and Pink...

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T&A H&K
Drakes, the tie folks, made some of my favorite shirts,
purchased at Barneys, but that was years ago.

(Oh, you said retail prices. Hmm, all mine were bought on sale)

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top 3? Depends dress or casual?

Casual:
Etro, Robert Graham, just love these. For a third, perhaps Hermes with their brass buttons
redface.gif

Dress:
Top 3 for me by small margins would be Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Charvet, Kiton.

Lots of other good shirt makers just as nice or nicer than these, as one poster said earlier, Finamore are world class. Barbera, Brioni, and Borrelli also make smoking hot shirts. Isaia are pretty damn good shirts also. Loro Piana = not too shabby on the shirts either. Lets not forget staples like Turnbull Asser, Brooks Brothers, and Dunhill complement any office based wardrobe.

pocketsquareguy, you are mean for restricting us to just 3 choices!

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of the ones I have (I don't have or haven't yet tried some of those listed):

E. Zegna
Paul Smith
Etro
Eton

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a hugely important parameter here is how well it fits you OTR. So my recommendation might be crap for you.

That said, Charles Tyrwhitt's slim-fit shirts basically fit like they were made for me. Quality's pretty nice. CT slim are the only shirts I can wear OTR with no tailoring required whatsoever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads