• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are Your Favorite RTW Shirt Brands?

Kslim

Reaction score
I like Kiton, RLPL and Pink. However, I haven't stumbled across any RTW shirts that fit me. I've always had to have the sides taken in a bit and/or shorten the sleeves. But that's just me and my funky body.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to be Borrelli but currently I get all of my RTW shirts from Finamore. Just bought some Cucinelli shirts this weekend for the first time. I own a lot of their polos and I really like them, so I figured I would give a few of their shirts a try.

-LR

Navi

Reaction score
I'm broke as hell so Tyrwhitt gets my vote. Superb quality for the money. I don't know if I would even want to pay the prices for Kiton etc shirts, even if I could afford it... Tyrwhitt is plenty good for me
smile.gif

bhall41

Reaction score
I completely lost track of this thread after seeing Unrefinery's avatar
lol8[1].gif

tacobender

Reaction score
Etro - for the fun patterns/textures/colors
Paul Smith - same reasons
Thomas Pink for better quality / fit / less fun

austerlitz

Reaction score
The best shirts I own are RLPL, thats about as good as I can afford.

Wongtouski

Reaction score
Gucci - On sale @ 50% bought at Milan, fits well, should have bought another one if I wasn't backpacking

Brooks Brothers - Wearing it now, slim fit. Great fit for people who have broader chest/shoulders, perfect for my work enviornment as well.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised at the love for Thomas Pink. I've only ever found them to be of mediocre quality and overpriced. Thought that was the general SF consensus also.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like slim shirts, and currently need only work shirts

so...
TM lewin for all my French cuff work shirts, then I get BB extra slims oxfords.

Aiming to go T&A mtm

Jimmy

Reaction score
I'm only new to buying decents shirts.... but have discovered Mastai Ferretti and Eton shirts at one of the upmarket shops where I'm from.

I think they're fantastic - I never seem to hear much on them here though.

Do any of you have any experience with these brands? Thoughts?

cheers
J

GBer

Reaction score
IMHO Charvet by far, makes the best RTW shirts I have. The fabric and construction is better than any of my other RTW shirts. Kiton is nice, but the price, well... I sometimes get nice comments on the large Kiton buttons. I guess they are unusual. All my Kiton shirts are of lighter fabric. Would be tempted to pick Borrelli over Kiton if you take into account price. T&A sea island is really nice, but not cheap. I have some older Zegna with really thick MOP buttons, but I have not seen any like those in some years. They tend to shrink more than any of my other shirts. H&K (regular, not sea island) are OK for everyday staple shirts, but would not wear them to important meetings. OK price when on sale, but I have never seen their sea island or slim its on sale online. Brioni I would rank a little higher than H&K. Maybe the cut fits me better. Would rank RLPL lower than most of the Italian or UK brands, perhaps a little less than Armani Collezioni with their fused collars. The wrinkles show up in no time at all for my RLPLs. Won't be buying anymore of their shirts. Would rank Canali above RLPL.

LP makes some nice RTW casual shirts. Gucci and Barba also, but not as good as LP... more for fashion or a night out.

You also have to take cut and fit into the equation as one might suit you better than another.

I am curious about Emma Willis and Ascot Chang.

Retail price ranking:

1) Charvet (not cheap, but well worth it)
2) Borrelli
3) T&A/ H&K/ or Brioni if you can find a sale

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads