Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are your essential dress shirt colours/patterns?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lsquare, Jan 21, 2011.

1. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

I'll be going back to HK later this week and I would like to place another order with Jantzen. I've had a pretty good experience there last year and I wouldn't hesitate to go back and use their service. Now, I'm trying to figure out what other kind of colours/patterns that I would want.

Right now, I have solid white, light blue, light pink, purple, black stripes, blue stripes, and micro blue checks. I'm thinking of getting pink and black checks if they have them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. dasai

dasai Senior member

Are you talking for suits, or something more casual?

For suits, a pinpoint oxford in white or blue, or a smallish gingham check in blue or lavender, would look pretty good. For something slightly more casual, maybe a standard OCBD or a tattersall check in cotton flannel.

Of course, this is just my opinion...

3. Matt S

Matt S Senior member

Solid ecru poplin is an essential that you don't have. It goes with almost anything. What kind of fabric are your light blue shirts? Solid poplin and end-on-end are both staples.