1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNW

DNW Stylish Dinosaur

Popping my cherry on this thread:

Two Flowers shirt
    Ancient thrift store 505's on their last legs
    Leather Goods Connection belt with vintage buckle
    Suede EG Dovers from ebay

[​IMG]

Nice jeans.

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

In what way do the sleeves look a little large ?
    They don't look large in an objective sort of way--they just look a little larger than is usual for a slim-fitted jacket. Diameter, I mean. They look good, don't get me wrong--I'm just saying that if he went for a really fitted silhouette through the body, the arms may look a bit blousy in comparison.

3. lance konami

lance konami Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

Varvatos navy shirt
    AA brown v-neck
    Ola dry
    Chippewa lace up boots

4. deedotceedot

deedotceedot Member

Nice look lance. What model boot is that?

5. timpoblete

timpoblete Distinguished Member

They don't look large in an objective sort of way--they just look a little larger than is usual for a slim-fitted jacket. Diameter, I mean. They look good, don't get me wrong--I'm just saying that if he went for a really fitted silhouette through the body, the arms may look a bit blousy in comparison.
    The jacket isn't supposed to be too slim-fatting. It's lined with a bit of padding for warmth, so it makes it bulge out a little all over. Thanks for the comments so far. I do plan on taking it back to the shop to get it brought in a little bit and I will watch out for the arm to body relationship. What do you think in terms of the length of the sleeves and the body though? Too long? I sized up one on this because the extra padding made my normal size a little tight. The result is that hte body and sleeves are a little bit longer than was intended for a medium sized body.

6. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

Popping my cherry on this thread:

Two Flowers shirt
    Ancient thrift store 505's on their last legs
    Leather Goods Connection belt with vintage buckle
    Suede EG Dovers from ebay

[​IMG]

excellent jeans. proof that beat up jeans can look good provided they are authentically beat up.

7. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

What do you think in terms of the length of the sleeves and the body though? Too long? I sized up one on this because the extra padding made my normal size a little tight. The result is that hte body and sleeves are a little bit longer than was intended for a medium sized body.

I think the body length is pretty good--it pretty neatly bisects you, lengthwise. The sleeves could be just a bit shorter, I think. All IMHO, of course.

8. modual

modual Senior Member

I get you [​IMG]

9. timpoblete

timpoblete Distinguished Member

I think the body length is pretty good--it pretty neatly bisects you, lengthwise. The sleeves could be just a bit shorter, I think. All IMHO, of course.
    I was thinking the same thing. They seemed a tiny bit too long. I gotta remember to get it fitted with a l/s shirt on when I bring it in.

10. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Distinguished Member

last night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

loving the cmf style pics man... and nice fit too.

11. lance konami

Nice look lance. What model boot is that?

Thanks. They are these boots. Just got them recently, and they are quite gnarly.

12. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

excellent jeans. proof that beat up jeans can look good provided they are authentically beat up.

Thanks. I found those in a Fort Worth thrift store 6 or 7 years ago. I've only washed them a couple of times since then and have made quite a few repairs, but they are just about to disintegrate. I usually dress them way down with a t-shirt and vans, but the shirt seemed to call for faded jeans so I mixed it up a bit.

13. lance konami

Man, with all the stylish mofos that post in this thread and all the free advertising we give some of these brands, they should send us some free clothes for us to whore out for them!

You hear that rag & bone? Nudie? Engineered Garments? Start sponsoring us!!!

Make it happen people.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Man, with all the stylish mofos that post in this thread and all the free advertising we give some of these brands, they should send us some free clothes for us to whore out for them!

You hear that rag & bone? Nudie? Engineered Garments? Start sponsoring us!!!

Make it happen people.

Too bad we'd have to have more press time than Lohan's crotch for that to ever happen...

15. pingtimeout

pingtimeout Member

No pic yet but in todays 30 degrees celcius heat im rockin

Marcs Vneck Tshirt (navy)
    Lee low rise L2 (Dark grey/black)
    Conver Chucks (Very worn out cream)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.