1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

wow, didn't realize how dry my grass was until I looked at this photo!

[​IMG]

2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

kallum
    you missed my point if you understood it as that I claimed its wrong to wear cheap/mall clothes or that I criticizied it for looking "cheap" (personally I mix alot of cheap H&M styled stuff, thrift and more expensive clothes. Im sure you´re wardrobe is alot more expensive than mine). I critiziced it for looking bad and the aesthetic beeing close to A&F which is often understood as the anti-thesis of styleforum approved taste. If theres a sublime difference in the quality of distressing between A&F and D&G it doesnt really matter to me.

I dont often make it my buisness to criticize others outfits,but in this case it struck me as very weird that that kind of look got good feedback along with comments about you could wear anything with your body...

3. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

What did I start here? I guess no one really understood the subtlety in my original comment. It was basically a back-handed insult (towards the jeans). I'm with Superbobo, with regards to me seeing absolutely no difference in the distressing process used by D&G and A&F, and the intended results. I generally like your fits Kallun, so I mean no offense. I just think that on SF, posting jeans that are the sartorial equivalent of rancid meat is going to draw a lot of disdain, especially since it's difficult to discern the difference between those jeans and 'mall-brand' jeans. But I still do not think that anyone meant any harm by saying something 'negative' about those jeans. Comments are rooted in personal preference, and are also meant to be helpful, not divisive.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Kallun, I think the main thing is that people on this forum don't like pre-distressed jeans. Those with mild distressing that look natural like 5EP get a little love, but still not that much.

Kinda modern-trad today:

Zegna
    Saint Andrews
    R&B
    Zara

[​IMG]

5. kallun

kallun Senior member

kallum you missed my point if you understood it as that I claimed its wrong to wear cheap/mall clothes or that I criticizied it for looking "cheap" (personally I mix alot of cheap H&M styled stuff, thrift and more expensive clothes. Im sure you´re wardrobe is alot more expensive than mine). I critiziced it for looking bad and the aesthetic beeing close to A&F which is often understood as the anti-thesis of styleforum approved taste. If theres a sublime difference in the quality of distressing between A&F and D&G it doesnt really matter to me. I dont often make it my buisness to criticize others outfits,but in this case it struck me as very weird that that kind of look got good feedback along with comments about you could wear anything with your body...
    What did I start here? I guess no one really understood the subtlety in my original comment. It was basically a back-handed insult (towards the jeans). I'm with Superbobo, with regards to me seeing absolutely no difference in the distressing process used by D&G and A&F, and the intended results. I generally like your fits Kallun, so I mean no offense. I just think that on SF, posting jeans that are the sartorial equivalent of rancid meat is going to draw a lot of disdain, especially since it's difficult to discern the difference between those jeans and 'mall-brand' jeans. But I still do not think that anyone meant any harm by saying something 'negative' about those jeans. Comments are rooted in personal preference, and are also meant to be helpful, not divisive.
    I get you guys and I appreciate the comments! Do NOT hesitate to critizise my wear that, is why I post. I am as much against the AmJack look as you are. I think that I do stay on the right side of the line in this particular outfit (but agree that the line is thin here) mostly as the jeans are´nt "the sartorial equivalent of rancid meat" which equally distressed D&G and A&F certainly are. If you guys disagree however, and find them equally bad to the latter two then that is of course as valid as my opinion! Good discussion me thinks! /TKL

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I get you guys and I appreciate the comments! Do NOT hesitate to critizise my wear that, is why I post. I am as much against the AmJack look as you are. I think that I do stay on the right side of the line in this particular outfit mostly as the jeans are´nt "the sartorial equivalent of rancid meat" which equally distressed D&G and A&F certainly are. If you guys disagree however, and find them equally bad to the latter two then that is of course as valid as my opinion! Good discussion me thinks! /TKL
    I think it's also difficult to determine the quality of pre-distressed jeans from pictures. I tend to agree with the other posters regarding D&G stuff, though. I find Dolce & Gabanna mainline to be like DSquared in that while they are expensive, the distressing doesn't appear to be natural and does give off a bit of a eurotrash vibe.

7. ayn

ayn Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    • derome brenners
    • john varvatos
    • omega speedmaster co-axial gmt
    • fullcount 1108
    • kc long wallet and chain
    • chucks

8. kallun

kallun Senior member

I think it's also difficult to determine the quality of pre-distressed jeans from pictures. I tend to agree with the other posters regarding D&G stuff, though. I find Dolce & Gabanna mainline to be like DSquared in that while they are expensive, the distressing doesn't appear to be natural and does give off a bit of a eurotrash vibe.

Very true about the pictures. [​IMG]

/TKL

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

I think a major misconception on these forums is that everyone here is looking for help in their dressing.

10. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

drizzt - The best I've seen from your casual looks thus far. Cheers.

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

[​IMG] New Zara linen pickup.

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think a major misconception on these forums is that everyone here is looking for help in their dressing.
    I think the other major misconception is that people don't need some help [​IMG]. I would say that is true less on this forum than the other, but I have a hard time telling good from bad here.

This is certainly not directed at SoCal who has his own style, but is just an observation. Sometimes in MC I think we see dressing that is actually worse than average [​IMG].

13. razuel

razuel Senior member

14. j

j Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.