1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Paul Smith
    21cm
    Schubert

[​IMG]

2. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Oxxford suit
    Ferragamo tie
    Kiton shirt
    Ferragamo belt
    Brioni socks
    Lobb balmorals

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

This outfit was a bit of a stretch for me. Not sure if I pulled it off or not. Sorry the pic is so big, but if it were any smaller, you wouldn't be able to see the pattern on the jacket.

[​IMG]

Jacket - Junk de Luxe
    Shirt - Hugo Boss
    Bowtie - ???
    Jeans - Acne Mic Rigid
    Shoes - ???

4. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

off to see the guatemalan handshake on a wintery sunday afternoon.

[​IMG]

NB 574
    iron heart 634s
    topman t
    nom*d hood
    thomas meihofer ring

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

If you have a good body.. a wet paper bag would look good. Just how it is.

If that s the case, why do we even bother posting outfits? We should just all just pose nude if thats all that matter.

I agree that having a fit and well proportionate body helps with how the clothes look and fit, but the piece selection, combination and proportions should be what matters. And if you get this right, you should be able to get things to look good, even if you dont have the Brad Pitt body of youre dreams.

6. jet

jet Senior member

Damn Stazy I'm liking that combo minus the bowtie and a couple of buttons buttoned.

7. tigerx

tigerx Senior member

excellent outfit as always sauce

8. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Damn Stazy I'm liking that combo minus the bowtie and a couple of buttons buttoned.

Yeah, I was thinking it works but I'd probably leave the jacket open just to keep it from looking like the two halves don't belong together.

9. berlin report

excellent outfit as always sauce
    +++and great lighting on the first picture. Saucy Sauce.[​IMG]
    Drizzt, beautiful Paul Smith shirt. Perfect fit too.

10. Chris.

Chris. Senior member

Kallum can we get a body shot to help in our testing? [​IMG]

oh, and a shot of your cock too, while you're at it.

As far as Internet crushes go, I think chris could get away with wearing anything (and pretty much does) and it would still look good [​IMG]

thank you. as for my style being an acquired taste? well, that really depends on how boring your own is.

11. berlin report

I'd take this to PM gents. I, for one, would like to see what you're wearing and not what you're not; however tempting that might be. Kallun, put some clothes on dammit, see what you've stirred?[​IMG]

12. kallun

kallun Senior member

How tall are you kallun? Also, they just don't sell deep vnecks in the US [​IMG]. It seems pretty common in europe though.
    is Kallums look good just cuz he´s got a nice body?... I mean, he´s wearing ripped predistressed D&G jeans and a tight v-neck tee... Might aswell be A&F and whatever.
    With all due respect SuperBobo. It is NOT D&G jeans but mainline jeans, the difference in cut, distressing and quality is huge! The Tee is choosen beacuse I tink the fabric (which is thin and floppy) falls nicely and because the fit is good. I do not really see your argument... could´nt all clothes just be "A&F and whatever"?? Your own looks (which I like a lot by the way) could aslo just be "A&F and whatever" but they are´nt and that is all the difference! /TKL

13. kallun

kallun Senior member

Kallum can we get a body shot to help in our testing? [​IMG]

I would´nt even consider it until you guys stop reffering to me as kalluM! TKL if you wan´t to add a personal touch otherwise my avatar is KalluN. [​IMG] [​IMG]

/TKL

14. kallun

kallun Senior member

Berlin I am well covered up today!

/TKL

15. kallun

kallun Senior member

Listening to Dizee´s cover of “Wanna be” (from the movie Bugsy Malone). That calls for a hat! Hat: Nordiska Kompaniet Shirt: Spencer Hart Trousers: Spencer Hart Distressed suede boots by Mentor Wool knit tie by Amanda Christensen (But everything might aswell be A&F and whatever, right SuperBobo??) [​IMG][​IMG]

16. kronik

kronik Senior member

kallun, I think you're taking SuperBobo's comment a wee bit too personally. Typically, if someone wears a t-shirt and some pre-distressed to hell jeans around here.. they're lambasted and denigrated by just about everyone. You, however, were not. The assumption is that your ability to escape the mockery is attributed to your body type. The outfit could have been stereotypically AmJack, hence the A&F comment (it is in a lot of cases, I have a friend who is in love with D&G pre-distressed jeans). The fit was good on the tee; the jeans weren't my style but then again, some things I like may not be yours.

I like the Spencer Hart fit.

17. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

KalluN, the Hart fit looks great, prefer it without the tie.

Did you get that shirt MTM as well, or is it OTR?

18. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

With all due respect SuperBobo. It is NOT D&G jeans but mainline jeans, the difference in cut, distressing and quality is huge! The Tee is choosen beacuse I tink the fabric (which is thin and floppy) falls nicely and because the fit is good.

I do not really see your argument... could´nt all clothes just be "A&F and whatever"??

Your own looks (which I like a lot by the way) could aslo just be "A&F and whatever" but they are´nt and that is all the difference!

/TKL

since I dont generally wear pre-distressed jeans and muscle fit tees, I dont feel my style is that A&F close as yours, and you also seem to have missed the point.

edit:
    you´re outfit today ofcourse doesnt look A&F and havent anything to do with what I said.

19. kallun

kallun Senior member

kallun, I think you're taking SuperBobo's comment a wee bit too personally. Typically, if someone wears a t-shirt and some pre-distressed to hell jeans around here.. they're lambasted and denigrated by just about everyone. You, however, were not. The assumption is that your ability to escape the mockery is attributed to your body type. The outfit could have been stereotypically AmJack, hence the A&F comment (it is in a lot of cases, I have a friend who is in love with D&G pre-distressed jeans). The fit was good on the tee; the jeans weren't my style but then again, some things I like may not be yours. I like the Spencer Hart fit.
    since I dont generally wear pre-distressed jeans and muscle fit tees, I dont feel my style is that A&F close as yours, and you also seem to have missed the point. edit: you´re outfit today ofcourse doesnt look A&F and havent anything to do with what I said.
    Well I am a little offended by the idea that it is my body that prevents the look from being bambasted! What I reacted to (and still do) is that A&F wear in my opinion could not accomplish such a look. A&F has cheap and badly done distressing etc. I think that SuperBobo are completely wrong in thinking it looks A&F (although I respect if he does not like the outfit per se) and I am surprised that he does not see the difference between these items and A&F. The point I try to make is; sure one can wear clothes that are similar to those produced by A&F or Zara or something but what this forum is all about is to discuss and be able to pick the difference and that difference is what distiguishes the look. I highly respect SuperBobo as a good dresser (although not in a style I presonally wear) and a gentlaman in his comments, maybe that is why I was taken by surprise [​IMG] I think I avoid the AmJack look in this case by choosing a great jean (I will try to take clos-ups later so to show better the completely handmade distressing, again not D&G!) and a nice tee. Regarding SuperBobos edit on his last post: But does todays look resemble Zara/HM then if not A&F?? and is the positive remark made by for example Get Smart due to "my body"?? /TKL

20. kallun

kallun Senior member

KalluN, the Hart fit looks great, prefer it without the tie.

Did you get that shirt MTM as well, or is it OTR?

Thank You!

Shirts are "MTM´d RTW´s" meaning I most often get them RTW and have SH take in the waist/hip area. I have a few MTM as well but do not really consider them better in fit.

/TKL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.