1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

It's also a moot point as they're still stretching out and will eventually be worn lower on my waist.

I think this would pretty much solve everything.

Don't think i'm looking for "staaaacccckkkksss" or anything. Maybe it's the subtle bootcut of the crate james(they are james right?). From the pictures i've seen of them, it looks like there is no break and they've almost hovering, but it might just be the pictures and it might just be the choice of shoes. I'm not claiming i know what they look like without shoes or where they fall in that situation from all angles, i'm just judging by the photos posted. I think even you, my pirate matey, would agree that there is a middle ground between stacking and zero break almost hanging there.

On the plus side, if you're ever in a female clothing peasant style off with sauce, you can wear them as capris for a leg up. Please shave first. [​IMG]

Who loves the choker.

Who cares that it makes plants grow. Who cares what it does since you've broke my heart

2. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I think this knee-jerk reaction against all things skull'd is silly. Yeah, maybe the skull is getting a little oversaturated right now (who's jackass shoes, countless vans, RL's vaguely Yale-influenced infatuation, Barker Black, even the higher end stuff like McQueen, etc.), but I think it's all in how you wear it, and the ribbon belt looked like a nice piece, worn well, to me.

A poster at superfuture (selegna?) even wore embroidered skull pants (verging on preptastic) with sneakers and a tshirt and pulled it off.

Berlin--your posts are consistently excellent
    jpgm--nice chambray
    sauce and who--like the white slips

4. berlin report

Thanks, Shoreman! You haven't posted fits for a while. Busy?

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Yep, was on vacation and now I have no batteries for the camera [​IMG]

Are those shorts in your last post linen? My monitor at work blows.

6. kallun

kallun Senior member

I like your shirt Berlin Report! Palacos Pololshirt Dior Homme MIJ 19cm ACNE Thin leather belt Buddhahood Saville Row, Pink distressed boots. [​IMG] (and also better pics of the JLC MUT on the blog as requested)
    [​IMG]

7. berlin report

Yep, was on vacation and now I have no batteries for the camera [​IMG]

Are those shorts in your last post linen? My monitor at work blows.

Everyone seems to have gone on vacation except me.[​IMG] The shorts are cotton with grey pinstripes. Its very thin shirting material so its fully lined . Its comfortable nonetheless. Get batteries[​IMG]
    Kallun, thanks. Its very thin linen-like cotton with mother of pearl buttons.

8. jet

jet Senior member

Who cares that it makes plants grow. Who cares what it does since you've broke my heart

He likes it because it simulates my hand around his neck when I'm not around.

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

MSP to SFO:
    Jil Sander leather jacket
    Cloak tee
    Jil Sander jeans
    Martin Margiela sneaks
    [​IMG]

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

MSP to SFO:
    Jil Sander leather jacket
    Cloak tee
    Jil Sander jeans
    Martin Margiela sneaks

Nice. You were determined to do the tonal thing, weren't you?

Why were you in Minneapolis, btw? Is there some trade show there I know nothing about? Seems wierd, but hey, what do I know?

Kallun Really nice fit on the Diors. Not such a fan of the shoes though.

11. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

SoCal - very nice.

Berlin - I love almost everything you post, but that shirt looks like a pajama top.

12. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

I think its really funny when someone is wearing rather expensive jeans, with chucks and a 12$ t-shirt. just thought i'd share.
    But not as funny as the folks that lack style.

13. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Dressed for a busy day packing and shipping samples:
    [​IMG]
    AA Tee.
    Helmut Lang pants (circa 00/01).
    Cons

14. berlin report

Berlin - I love almost everything you post, but that shirt looks like a pajama top.

[​IMG] I know what you mean. It does have that flavour.

15. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Nice. You were determined to do the tonal thing, weren't you?

Why were you in Minneapolis, btw? Is there some trade show there I know nothing about? Seems wierd, but hey, what do I know?

I love tonal. [​IMG]

I'm was in Minneapolis because I was helping judge the Mount Rose American Teen Princess Paegent sponsored by Sarah Rose Cosmetics.

okay enough of Drop Dead Gorgeous...

The bf is here for another month before he moves to NYC so I stopped by for the weekend on my way to Carmel to visit the fam for a week.
    You'd be suprised that Minneapolis is actually enjoyable for a weekend (or 5 of them as this is my 5th and final one).

16. LA Guy

You'd be suprised that Minneapolis is actually enjoyable for a weekend (or 5 of them as this is my 5th and final one).

Actually, I was in Minneapolis and St. Paul not so long ago for an interview. It was (surprisingly) nice, although walking around the main UMN campus, I felt like I was in Logan's Run and that people were going to start chasing the old guy around to kill him (me.)

17. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Haha I've only been to the campus once when I stayed at the Raddison across from my BFs dorm.

This time I stayed at The Graves 601 which was nice. Eating is enjoyable: Chamber's Kitchen (Jean Georges), 20*21 (Wolfgang), Cosmos, Cafe Lurcat.

Decent art scene where you can buy large orginals for 1/4 the price they would sell for in Chelsea.

Pretty open minded and liberal for being "the Midwest."

Ranks #2 behind Broadway for # of theaters. I think The Guthrie was named like The Most Important Building of 2005 or whatever in GQ.

18. kallun

kallun Senior member

Nice. You were determined to do the tonal thing, weren't you? Why were you in Minneapolis, btw? Is there some trade show there I know nothing about? Seems wierd, but hey, what do I know? Kallun Really nice fit on the Diors. Not such a fan of the shoes though.
    Thank You! These were bought in Paris a few seasons ago and are the rumoured "slimmer 19´s/ 17cm´s". According to the SA and compared to my other DH they do have a slimmer hem. Also unlike many others I wear my true waist (W28) in DH and do not size down. This means that they do become a little big in the hip area but in my opinion the cut of DH´s are ruined if they are worn like cheap mondays [​IMG] /TKL

19. pinoy

pinoy Senior member

So here are my first photos. Some fits from the weekend. With work everyday, its hard to find time during the week to take pics. I take praise and criticism really well, so dish it out! [​IMG] Friday night, out to Pizzeria Mozza with the girlfriend: [​IMG] [​IMG] Cloak zippered jacket Margiela Shirt Gap belt APC NS sz 30 JM Weston loafers Close up of the jacket and shirt: [​IMG] [​IMG] Saturday just bumming around town [​IMG] AA Henley Gap belt PBJ-004s (not going to soak em, just gonna wear em for a couple months then soak that's why the bootcut is stacking a bit right now..) german army sneaks

20. LA Guy

Haha I've only been to the campus once when I stayed at the Raddison across from my BFs dorm.

This time I stayed at The Graves 601 which was nice. Eating is enjoyable: Chamber's Kitchen (Jean Georges), 20*21 (Wolfgang), Cosmos, Cafe Lurcat.

Decent art scene where you can buy large orginals for 1/4 the price they would sell for in Chelsea.

Pretty open minded and liberal for being "the Midwest."

Ranks #2 behind Broadway for # of theaters. I think The Guthrie was named like The Most Important Building of 2005 or whatever in GQ.

I stayed at the Radison as well. The dining was surprising good, but it should really not have been that surprising considering the size of the city and the large academic and intellectual population (which have large appetites for things like that.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.