1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

I disagree with a lot of you--from the front, I think the size and placement is right on the cords. The rear looks a little strange, but it's very hard to tell exactly what's going on because it's a dead-on shot without any depth. That vaguely "wedgie" look could be either because the pants are too tight in the back, as many of you seem to think, or it could actually because it's too loose, and they're sort of "billowing" slightly and aren't laying quite flat. I doubt it's because they're too tight, because he said he pulled the pants down farther on his hips--if they were still that tight in the back AFTER he pulled them down, they would have been completely unbearable before he pulled them down a bit.

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

Once again, Saucemistress, thank you for the detailed and insightful look on another man's asset.

3. Saucemaster

Once again, Saucemistress, thank you for the detailed and insightful look on another man's asset.

I'm afraid that nickname is already taken by my fiancee, and to my knowledge she hasn't posted here. She thinks we're all too weird.

Today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AA cardigan
    Some gray undershirt
    PBJ
    Vans

It turned out to be way too hot for even just a very thin cardigan, and probably too hot for the PBJs... screw you, summer.

4. DanTheLadiesMan

DanTheLadiesMan Senior member

Hey sauce,

I love the look of the pbjs, they seem to stack perfectly. Just out of curiosity, what is your true inseam length? My pbjs don't stack nearly as well as yours and only look good uncuffed with narrow shoes.

5. razuel

razuel Senior member

I really like the contrasting greys in that.

6. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

I'm afraid that nickname is already taken by my fiancee, and to my knowledge she hasn't posted here. She thinks we're all too weird.

Haha. I wonder why. You would think that women would be happy to see men taking an interest in dressing better.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Some really shady advice going on in here. Quevola doesn't need to size up on his 514s at all. The little wedgie action might be just be....a wedgie, or just an odd picture. The pants don't look too tight at all. If anything they look slightly slim-relaxed. I don't see a lot of pulling in the upper block from them being too tight at the waist or anything and the legs look fine. It might just be a rise problem, but it's definitely an improvement from before. I think he could use a belt in that picture though and the billowing of the shirt around the tucked in part looks a bit weird. Sauce had it right, but i didn't look at his advice post until after i typed my response and did a quick edit, before it showed i edited.

I do like the colors, sauce but it looks slightly feminine. I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way, but i still like it for some reason.

8. modual

modual Senior member

I do like the colors, sauce but it looks slightly feminine. I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way, but i still like it for some reason.

In what way does the outfit look feminine ?

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the color combo and the cardigan and the way the cardigan drapes and is buttoned. Maybe because i'm just picture sauce in that dress after hearing the saucemistres comments. I don't know why exactly, but that was my first knee jerk reaction. I don't think it looks as feminine as i thought when i first saw it, so it's probably just triggering my memory to think of something else.

10. Saucemaster

The other time I posted a pic with a cardigan buttoned this way, someone said something similar. It's definitely the cardigan. I still don't really see it, but clearly it gives that impression to some people. I need to decide whether I care enough to change it or not, I suppose. Helps to have the reaction--thanks, chrono.

DanTheLadiesMan, my "actual" inseam is a little longer than 32" and a less than 34". Say somewhere around 33", but that obviously changes depending on where I wear the jeans.

11. razuel

razuel Senior member

The other time I posted a pic with a cardigan buttoned this way, someone said something similar. It's definitely the cardigan. I still don't really see it, but clearly it gives that impression to some people. I need to decide whether I care enough to change it or not, I suppose. Helps to have the reaction--thanks, chrono.

DanTheLadiesMan, my "actual" inseam is a little longer than 32" and a less than 34". Say somewhere around 33", but that obviously changes depending on where I wear the jeans.

Maybe it's because it opens at the bottom too?

Oh, and how tall are you?

12. quevola

quevola Senior member

Thanks for all the good feedback everyone - we are learning as we go. I promise to save you all from anymore ass shots in the future. [​IMG]

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I'm the same height and inseam as sauce but my pbjs happen to be a bit shorter. I'm a 32-33inseam and my size 31 pbjs are about a 33inseam. Gives me a little bit of break. They're about exactly 8" at the hem and for some reason they billow out around the calves and give a semi-bootcut impression even though it's pretty much exactly straight from knee to hem. Mine break a little bit but don't stack quite as much as sauce's due to the slightly shorter length.

14. calvin1663

calvin1663 Senior member

Belt Deet (cannibalized a J-crew ribbon belt for this):
    [​IMG]

that's ill...i love the contrast between the badass skull and the preppy ribbon

15. whodini

whodini Senior member

I was talking to her.

In what way does the outfit look feminine ?

It's the twinkle in his eyes.

16. flsxik

flsxik Senior member

[​IMG]

workworkworkworkworkworkworkwork

17. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Sauce- It's most certainly just the AA cardigan. I have it in black in a size that fits similar to yours. It's not just cardigans in general but the AA one for some reason. The black one is a bit more forgiving though. After seeing it for awhile i don't think it's all that feminine but i'd definitely expect some other not so sartorially inclined people to think it was. What are you planning on changing about it? Just curious. Also, you're a crazy man for wearing your pbjs and a cardigan outside in the middle of the day. I only wear my pbjs at night or if i'm going to be inside most the time during the summer.

18. whodini

whodini Senior member

that's ill...i love the contrast between the badass skull and the preppy ribbon
    No offense, but that's textbook amjack. [​IMG] AA Crate Vans

19. Saucemaster

Sauce- It's most certainly just the AA cardigan. I have it in black in a size that fits similar to yours. It's not just cardigans in general but the AA one for some reason. The black one is a bit more forgiving though. After seeing it for awhile i don't think it's all that feminine but i'd definitely expect some other not so sartorially inclined people to think it was. What are you planning on changing about it? Just curious. Also, you're a crazy man for wearing your pbjs and a cardigan outside in the middle of the day. I only wear my pbjs at night or if i'm going to be inside most the time during the summer.

The other time I posted a pic with a cardigan buttoned this way, someone said something similar.

The buttoning is what gives some people the slightly feminine impression. I still like the way I have it buttoned, but a picture with another cardigan from months ago gave a couple people a similar impression, so it seems to be a more widespread thing than I'd imagined. I might change up, I might not. In any case, you're right, I can't imagine wearing even a very thin cardigan like this again for a couple months at least, so I guess I have plenty of time to decide. My PBJs will see action, though, I'm sure.

20. calvin1663

calvin1663 Senior member

No offense, but that's textbook amjack.

ok so?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.