1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

drizzt r u hulk hogan

shit, how did you find out?

2. jet

jet Senior member

Yeah, these are japanese selvage 21cms right?

http://www.brownsfashion.com/BrownsF...omme/84990.htm

$330 + shipping from UK = bank. I really like the cut on the MIIs and the denim is pretty neat albeit not overly rigid.

Those aren't sevlage [​IMG]

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Those aren't sevlage [​IMG]

oh well that sucks haha I don't really care about selvage anyways but paying close to 400 and not getting it sucks

4. jet

jet Senior member

The denim snob in me won't let me buy non-selvage [​IMG]

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

evilgeniusdan- The polo was actually from urbanoutfitters for like $10. I figured it was interesting and cheap enough to give it a try. USA?

6. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Yeah it's nice. Interesting details you wouldn't expect. Looked more like S2A than UO.

USA!

7. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Brioni shirt
    McQueen pant
    NM belt
    Zegna socks
    DE bluchers

8. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

You are hereby excommunicated from SW&D [​IMG]

Damn. I was trying to slipstream in the turbulence behind Ravleur's posts...

Gotta try something different every once in a while.

9. RobZ

RobZ Active Member

iTunes Playing: Ónefnt by Jóhann Jóhannsson
    [​IMG]
    Pink Floyd Tee
    Dior Homme Belt
    Acne Max Cash Jeans
    Cons

Love the Pink Floyd t-shirt. Reminds me of the Trunk Ltd. reprints of band tees but I don't believe it is one of their pieces. And secondly, what does the buckle on the belt look like up close? I've been searching for a good black belt and I can only imagine what kind of details are found on a Dior belt...[​IMG].

10. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

I used to think I just wasn't photogenic, but I'm starting to realize that I'm catching the homely in my old age.
    [​IMG]

NO. You look particularly good with the short haircut and blue shirt.

11. kronik

kronik Senior member

12. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Damn. I was trying to slipstream in the turbulence behind Ravleur's posts...

Gotta try something different every once in a while.

I was just joking with you, wear em if you like em!!

13. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

I agree that slimming down the jacket would make for a nicer silhouette. I'll probably wait for a couple more uses to deciding whether to take it to the tailor, as I just received this today. Next pic will be with it open and I'll let you be the judge. Thanks for the constructive criticism!

Tim, please don't have this jacket tailored. IMO, tailoring this jacket will change the whole aesthetic, the whole look. I like that it doesn't look like you accidentaly had it in the hot wash. Also, its short length will make it look like a ladies' blazer if you have it slimmed down. Don't touch it please. Its perfect and you look smashing in it. Just my 2 euro cents.

14. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

^^ I agree with this. The jacket doesn't look tight anyway, it looks like it fits normally. I think the trousers and camera angle account for the overall relaxed look, not the jacket. But even then, loose and relaxed is Timpoblete's thing, and there is no need for him to change that.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Tim, please don't have this jacket tailored. IMO, tailoring this jacket will change the whole aesthetic, the whole look. I like that it doesn't look like you accidentaly had it in the hot wash. Also, its short length will make it look like a ladies' blazer if you have it slimmed down. Don't touch it please. Its perfect and you look smashing in it. Just my 2 euro cents.

I agree with this. Taking in the waist will throw off the balance of the jacket as well as the aesthetic.

16. Tiranis

Tiranis Senior member

Haven't posted here (in this thread) in a while, x-post from SuFu. This is from yesterday, picked up my dad at the airport around midnight so I just got home a while ago. [​IMG] Julius, Attachment, Dior, Converse

17. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

home from work, off to grab some (ie. lots of) sushi, then to rehearsals.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NB 574
    skull 5507xx
    generic thermal
    topman t
    columbia beanie
    schwipe hood (not pictured)

sorry, no cuffed APC today get smart. rest assured they are always cuffed though [​IMG]

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

oh well that sucks haha I don't really care about selvage anyways but paying close to 400 and not getting it sucks

Aside from the earliest DH jeans (think first time he did them) I don't think I've ever seen DH selvedge anyways...

19. Babar

Babar Senior member

DH still do some selvage stuff but the general consensus seems to be that they aren't even as good as the non-selvage ones. There was some brief discussion of them in this thread.

20. TC1990

TC1990 Senior member

Haven't posted here (in this thread) in a while, x-post from SuFu.

This is from yesterday, picked up my dad at the airport around midnight so I just got home a while ago.

[​IMG]
    Julius, Attachment, Dior, Converse

Everything's done well; looks good. And where can those Converses be bought? I've never seen them anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.