1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

pg2g i've enjoyed your last couple fits those are the suminandos, right? they look great

2. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

pg2g i've enjoyed your last couple fits
    those are the suminandos, right? they look great

Thanks. Yeah, they are the suminandos. Coming along slowly but surely. How are yours doing? Is the blue peeking out yet? :p

3. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

4. Musselma

Musselma Senior member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets "What? Why are you looking at pictures of jeans on the internet?" thing from people.

Actually I got a "you know how i know you're gay? you look at a style forum" the other day at work, but I got him back later with "you know how I know you're gay? you just said you love having lots of meat in your mouth"

5. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

you speak the truth sauce, lately my gf has grown increasingly hostel to sufu and SF claiming she "just can't understand it." I have to limit my time online while she's around otherwise she thinks i'm weird.

My fiancee actually sort of likes it--she really gets into the Peasant contests, especially (of course) on those occasions when I've been in the running--but she definitely thinks it's a little bit strange. She checks out this thread once in a while (hi!) to see what everyone's wearing, and we occasionally completely disagree on people's outfits. She doesn't usually like laceups with jeans, for example (sorry, braid/Rye/GS/me), even though she knows I do.

Same here, my wife is confused why guys post and not girls. You think the bitch level is high here today. A style Forum for girl's would eclipse the nonsense here and take it too a different level.

"Cat Fights On The Internets"

That, or it would turn into a constant love fest, like HonestForum. I'd like to see us all steer clear of both of those options....

(good stuff)

Is that another Express shirt? I've never seen anyone else pull off their shirts as well as you do, man.

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Is that another Express shirt? I've never seen anyone else pull off their shirts as well as you do, man.

Its actually one of those $15 easy-iron H&M shirts. I'd probably buy 20 of them if they came in more colors. I've got them in black and white, don't think I've ever seen them in another color.

7. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

excellent.

8. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

[​IMG] I'm so so busy at work when I do check the forum I've tended to throw down a couple of gut reactions because of time constaints.
    I also noticed a few guys have wandered off (Bona Drag, Cheap also, who I thought brought some excellent outfits and opinions) and found out it was due to the feeling that it was getting a little stale around here.
    Not that the cure is to attack every new member or wayward outfit but I do think being more "Truthy"â„¢ has inspired some nice verbal bouts recently.

I think that Cheap is still sore he lost so many Peasant contests. Now, lessee if he comes on here to respond...

10. dusty

dusty Senior member

[​IMG]

You have the best fits there ever was.

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

Same ol' same ol'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not letting this slide. Tim, this is against the SF standard of jeans, boots, and jacket, or "the uniform." It looks completely different from what 99% of people on here wear and yet it's STILL fashionable and looks great. Yeah, it's EG which is why the materials are nice, clean, and fit well, but it shows that you really don't have to follow a specific blueprint to look good.

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

BR
    Vintage Leather Jacket
    ES Filsons Maz Dark 3d
    AE

[​IMG]

Detail of shoes:
    [​IMG]

13. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Brioni shirt
    DKNY pant
    Flemings belt
    Pantherella socks
    Converse All-stars

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I wanted to see if I could pull off the low contrast look, not too sure.

Margiela
    Whall
    AE

[​IMG]

15. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

sorry for the crappy pic

[​IMG]

cloak slash neck sweater julius pant, tee Number nine.

16. SWB

SWB Senior member

I wanted to see if I could pull off the low contrast look, not too sure.

Margiela
    Whall
    AE

I think it works, though I'd recommend having that shirt shortened a bit; maybe it's just the shadows, but it appears to cover almost the entire rise of the jeans, if you took it up about half an inch I think it would be perfect.

That being said, the fit is spot-on, and I think the muted colors work very well together. Just the right balance of subtlety, I can imagine seeing that offhand and doing a little double-take, then nodding to myself in approval.

17. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

super comfortable and super casual for some errands, appointments and rehearsals today.

[​IMG]

vans chukka
    APC NS
    topman t
    country road merino v neck
    generic beanie

18. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Haha, thanks dusty :p

19. kallun

kallun Senior member

TKL and Elin (mostly Elin) Jacket
    Shirt sewn by student at Beckman college of design, Stockholm
    Hackett pocket square
    Julian Red California Raw
    Fendi
    Chopard Luc Sport 2000

[​IMG]

20. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

So much emphasis on constrast. Constrast is easy, doing tonal correctly is what takes a good eye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.