1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

evening stroll with horrible pic quality.
    [​IMG]

wigens
    vintage shirtjacket
    linen scarf
    unwillingly down sized lvc 47
    red wing

+ bonus
    [​IMG]

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

Pre-wedding warmup. [​IMG][​IMG] Details, details, details... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] C Barrie I Behar R Lauren K Wang (so fresh and so clean) J Varvatos

3. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

[​IMG]

Kids in the Hall big in Sweden?

Who, everything looks really well put together. Great socks!

4. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

On my Sidekick w/ it's tiny little screen, so I may be wrong here:
    Whodini- suit looks really nice
    Drizzt- the shoulders on that jacket look perfect to me
    Socal- I think your response was justified considering the comments that were made. My main critique is that imo you need to drop 10+pds. and lose 2 jacket sizes to wear those outfits better. They are definitely not lacking creativity.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think I will let it out about 1-2" in the waist and fix the sleeves and it will be fine. Which particular elements are you referring to? The shoulder fit is absolutely perfect. The suit is a little bit rumpled, I just took it out of a box and took pictures.

[​IMG]

These pictures look better than the previous one where the suit seemed to pull everywhere. Still these shoulders look way off IMO. Not sure if it's only the fit or if they in major need of a good press, but the shape is bumpy, not smooth at all. I also don't think that high gorge/wide lapel combination is working for you and your V shaped torso. As if you needed to emphasize even more your wide shoulders vs. small waist... I know you're generally pretty dismissive of comments on your pictures so feel free to dismiss mine as well but my sense is that your body would be much better off with a very natural shoulder (avoid roping at all cost), a thinner lapel with an average gorge height and (especially) a 2 button or 3-roll-2 stance. This would elongate the upper body shape rather than focalize attention on the extreme V and wide shoulders. JMO of course

6. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

These pictures look better than the previous one where the suit seemed to pull everywhere. Still these shoulders look way off IMO. Not sure if it's only the fit or if they in major need of a good press, but the shape is bumpy, not smooth at all. I also don't think that high gorge/wide lapel combination is working for you and your V shaped torso. As if you needed to emphasize even more your wide shoulders vs. small waist... I know you're generally pretty dismissive of comments on your pictures so feel free to dismiss mine as well but my sense is that your body would be much better off with a very natural shoulder (avoid roping at all cost), a thinner lapel with an average gorge height and (especially) a 2 button or 3-roll-2 stance. This would elongate the upper body shape rather than focalize attention on the extreme V and wide shoulders. JMO of course
    I think it's probably just the angle and the stance more than anything. And it's probably only bumpy because he was taking a picture and wasn't quite ready for the camera. The high gorge is fine really, again it's just the angle of the picture.

7. Aries

Aries Senior member

I think it's probably just the angle and the stance more than anything. And it's probably only bumpy because he was taking a picture and wasn't quite ready for the camera. The high gorge is fine really, again it's just the angle of the picture.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

You didn't strike a nerve, but I'm sure more than a few of us chuckled. Tailored clothing done right is as rare as streetwear done right. Give it a try and we'll let you know how you do [​IMG]

9. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

ddml-like your new haircut, looks great.

10. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

11. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

Bobo reminds me of a Durer ideal.

[​IMG]

12. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I agree that the gorge is slightly high, I'm not sure that I agree with the fact that it accentuates the V. From the picture, it appears fairly proportional to me, but that's just my opinion. Even if it does, I'm not sure that's a bad thing. As far as the shoulders go, they are definitely roped, but there is no padding at all. This, I feel, creates more shoulder slope than I find optimal but I'm not sure this isn't a bad counterpoint to my other, more structured, suits. In any case, I'm going to alter the suit, have it pressed, and will welcome comments after the alteraions are done. I'm probably going to let the waist out about 1-2" and the sleeves down 1". You would probably prefer the Oxxford suit I posted a few posts below this one on this page given the criteria you posted. It has thinner lapels, and lower gorge, with less roping. That said, I think once the Belvest is altered it will be much more flattering on me. Different strokes, I guess. I think that suit is nice and conservative and good for the dinner meeting I had today with older clients, but I don't think it's particularly flattering or stylish.

14. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

Granted I know very little about suits/blazers but I still think that this jacket has a more flattering shoulder than drizzt's normal jackets.

15. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

dinner and drinks for a friend's birthday last night...

[​IMG]

NB 574
    iron heart 634s
    topman t
    skull western
    jpgm x empress necklace
    form ring

16. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Casual (afternoon): Pure Venom Sugar Cane Zara [​IMG] I'm really not too fond of the fit of these Okis. I just don't think it's very flattering. Perhaps it's because of the high rise, I dunno. Dinner: Charvet Ben Silver Oxxford Paul Smith [​IMG]

17. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Brioni suit
    Kiton shirt
    Chanel tie
    NM belt
    Pantherella socks
    Barneys balmorals

18. cielo

cielo Senior member

My usual polo/jeans:

[​IMG]

adidas 83-c
    fred perry
    nudie rrds
    estate sale belt
    nike air max 1

19. kronik

kronik Senior member

Fucking [​IMG] on the RRDS, cielo. Very nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.