1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

[​IMG]
    Silhouette looks good, but the tie is a huge mistake, far too contrived especially because of the color. Your outfit wouldn't have been any less affective without this piece.

2. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

3. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

iTunes Playing: III. Lento - Cantbile-semplice by Górecki: Upshaw/Zinman/London Sinfonietta from the record Henryk Górecki Symphony No. 3
    [​IMG]
    45rpm indigo tee
    45rpm Sorahiko 1 wash jeans
    45rpm white leather belt
    Cons.

4. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm sorry. Not being mean, only constructive. This is awful. The colors, the stance and the items are all bad. My Dad knows nothing about style but at the age of 55 he manages to be contemporary, relevant and comfortable.

Maybe this is one of those days we're you just stretched your abilities to put together an outfit a little too far. The polo color is awful, the fabric is below par and the collar proportion too. The trouser length is too short in the leg, too high on the waist. Get Smart could pull off these proportions but in white/off white with your skin tone, noooo!. The Boat shoes have lost the will to live, as well as shape.

5. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

you can hear it here:
    http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...ighlight=spoon

ohh, how'd i miss this.....thanks!

hmm, rye, i'm not so sure about this one....i usually like your fits but something doesnt seem right this time.

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

hmm, rye, i'm not so sure about this one....i usually like your fits but something doesnt seem right this time.

I actually disagree--I really like this fit from Rye. Looks loose, casual, and summery, and it's texturally interesting.

7. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Probably the looseness of the silhouette, everything is a little sloppy today, comfort rules!

8. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

it's texturally interesting.
    You talking about my wet hair again?. Pervert!.

9. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I'm sorry. Not being mean, only constructive. This is awful. The colors, the stance and the items are all bad. My Dad knows nothing about style but at the age of 55 he manages to be contemporary, relevant and comfortable. Maybe this is one of those days we're you just stretched your abilities to put together an outfit a little too far. The polo color is awful, the fabric is below par and the collar proportion too. The trouser length is too short in the leg, too high on the waist. Get Smart could pull off these proportions but in white/off white with your skin tone, noooo!. The Boat shoes have lost the will to live, as well as shape.
    Haha, yeah. Today I happened to have a camera in my hand. Those boat shoes have been worn every day for the past 2 years or so, but I won't buy a new pair. The fabric is awful indeed, it is Topman, what do you expect. Have to disagree on the pants though, as I think you have the opposite problem. I see what you mean about the pic though so I'll kindly take it down before I get torn a new one by other members. Also, what is wrong with offwhite pants on light skin?

10. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Haha, yeah. Today I happened to have a camera in my hand. Those boat shoes have been worn every day for the past 2 years or so, but I won't buy a new pair. The fabric is awful indeed, it is Topman, what do you expect. Have to disagree on the pants though, as I think you have the opposite problem. I see what you mean about the pic though so I'll kindly take it down before I get torn a new one by other members.
    No, don't take it down. The point wasn't to be mean, but I couldn't pass this by. Criticism and praise should be dished out in equal measure, otherwise, whats the point of being a member here?. Constructive critique can still be an act of kindness.

11. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

No, don't take it down. The point wasn't to be mean, but I couldn't pass this by. Criticism and praise should be dished out in equal measure, otherwise, whats the point of being a member here?. Constructive critique can still be an act of kindness.
    It wasn't the criticism, as most my outfits are "controversial", so to speak, I just posted it because I had a camera and wasn't all that thrilled with the pic to begin with. I've never really seen the shoes on camera, but maybe it is time to get a new pair, they really are an eyesore in the pic. Those colors work well in 100+ degree heat. I have similar skin tone to you, what is wrong with offwhite pants? Perhaps this will require a new thread. I think the color of my pants are actually called cream or oatmeal or something. Moreover, how is an outfit "relevant"? Better yet, how does one become "irrelevant"?

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I disagree. The fit of the jeans and the drape of the tee are great together, and I really like the hits of white.

13. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Moreover, how is an outfit "relevant"? Better yet, how does one become "irrelevant"?

That's unfair, it's Friday and my brain cannot muster the remaining few cells to answer that question. Oh here goes a feable attempt. I think relevant as in trying, making some effort in your appearance. The English example of being irrelevant would be the curse of brown polyester trousers from Greenwoods, a poly/cotton Marks & Spencer shirt, beige dress socks and an oatmeal cardigan with faux leather buttons. Many many English Gentleman succumb to being visually irrelevant.

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

rye
    really nice, I like the sweater. The white belt is a bit too much contrast imo though.

15. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

I disagree. The fit of the jeans and the drape of the tee are great together, and I really like the hits of white.
    I was just gonna say, Rye, I really like this one. Nice... and fresh.

16. jet

jet Senior member

Rye, perfect. Love the belt.

17. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Band of Outsiders navy/white ticking stripe shirt
    Etro black pinstriped blazer
    Earnest Sewn Fulton Patriot
    RM Williams Chelseas

[​IMG]

Bonus pic:

Same jacket, boots, shirt, w/ cougars.

[​IMG]

Glad to see you're enjoying the blazer! [​IMG]

18. Saucemaster

[​IMG] -Black & white krama (because the back of my neck is a little burned, and also because I just wanted to wear it) -Jay Allen blank purple t-shirt -APC NS -Paul May

19. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

20. Saucemaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.