• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TaT
Zara
RRDS
Zara

60445910kp8.jpg

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kucejoe
DSC00300121.jpg
Raf Simons Cloak Club Monaco Scarpa

I like different! I respect individuality and risk but the concept of that coat doesn't work for me. Maybe it's the color of the zippers?. It may have worked in all Black with matching zippers?, is it Navy or Black?, am I color blind?. What size is it?, maybe it'a touch too big for you?. "Boy I'm tired, the pressure of tomorrows bout is eating away at me, I'm off home for a rub down".

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That Raf Simons coat would look better with the collar done up and unzipped.

Of course, that may not show up in the rather static picture there.

Chris.

Reaction score
the coat looks perfect as is.

(im speaking of the design)

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0856.jpg
Sauce: Nice TaT sack. Still need a sweater in Norcal, what is up with this. Lacoste Polo Ben Sherman Sweater amjacked H&M belt Earnest Sewn Fulton jeans J shoes.

nick123

Reaction score
untitled1vg0.jpg

H&M
AA
APC
Converse

and a bonus suit pic, disregard the part of the dress shirt hanging out, it was tucked it when I was wearing it, but a friend wanted me to send them a picture so I sent it before I changed.

untitled2jl3.jpg

kucejoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I like different! I respect individuality and risk but the concept of that coat doesn't work for me. Maybe it's the color of the zippers?. It may have worked in all Black with matching zippers?, is it Navy or Black?, am I color blind?. What size is it?, maybe it'a touch too big for you?.
Well, individuality is what it is all about. I wanted something different and that is what I got. I can totally understand why the jacket does not appeal to everyone, but I like, excuse the cliched language, that it is edgy while being sophisticated. One thing that surprised me was the positive reaction at my school (not exactly a fashion-forward place). The jacket is black (it is my camera, not your eyes) As for the fit, I wouldn't mind if it was half an inch narrower at the shoulder, but otherwise I think it fits me great. Also, the shoulder is slightly padded so that may make it appear too big (I just looked at the runway video of the collection for fun, and my jacket fits pretty much the same way as on the runway). I don't like super-skinny fits so...The cut of the jacket is amazing, sharp, and my picture did not capture that well. Labelking, in retrospect, I should have left the coat unzipped...next time.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Yeah, so jpgm really needs his tag changed to "prettiest boy on StyleForum".
devil.gif

My Thick as Thieves suit arrived!!!!

Going ridiculously monochrome today (click for suit coat open):

And an MC-style closeup:

wayw0419closeup.jpg

This suit is amazing--literally, two compliments on the way to work and three from coworkers so far.

IDK if its the suit or you man, but you look ******* amazing in that ****

I love the shoulders Jason and I think you found a new model/ ad campaign or whatever..

Brian SD

Reaction score
On the Raf Simons coat: I dunno. I don't think it's flattering, or does anything for the look as far as attractiveness is concerned, but all things said it really is a piece of art and kucejoe definitely fits into the aesthetic, with the military attention-esque pose. Almost looks like a futuristic robot.

Not something I would wear, but I do always have 'handsome' or 'sexy' in the back of my head, and sometimes in the back of ******. Just kidding. Very cool nonetheless.

Ghulkan, I agree. I am eternally jealous that Sauce fits into that suit so perfectly. I think I need to gain a few more pounds yet before I can achieve such a perfect fit.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Very cool Janud. If it were me wearing that, I'd probably pull the pants down a little because I tend to think that's how JR's are meant to be worn and that's where the cut of them really shines.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never really been into suits but seeing the sauceman stone cold pimpin in that suit is making me want to get a TaT big time. I have a similar build as sauce, so that just sealed the deal for me, I'm getting one when I get paid.

Is it comfortable?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
IDK if its the suit or you man, but you look ******* amazing in that ****.

It's the suit, man, seriously. I'm a total convert, I'm already trying to pick my next fabric and put aside the cash for the next one.

Originally Posted by lance konami
Is it comfortable?

The only thing less comfortable about it than a "normal" suit is that the pants are cut quite slim. I gave Jason my thigh measurements and he cut it very slim based on that, which is exactly what I wanted. I'm so used to slim dry denim that it feels like silk, though.
smile.gif

janud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Very cool Janud. If it were me wearing that, I'd probably pull the pants down a little because I tend to think that's how JR's are meant to be worn and that's where the cut of them really shines.

Thank you. Normally I do slouch the jeans a lot more, but I thought it would be interesting to take advantage of the high rise and hike them up with a belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads