1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocostella

cocostella Well-Known Member

Itskub is that belt leather or cloth?

2. itskub

itskub Well-Known Member

cloth , h&m $6.90. i was looking for that lacoste black and white striped belt but never found it, and this was close enough.

3. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

That was my weakest leg (no pun intended) of any triathlon. I came from a swimming background; but, actually what I proved to be the strongest in was cycling.
    While of course I just went to New Zealand to FINISH the Ironman, when I would do shorter sprint/Olympic distance races I would actually be competitive and can say I came in 3rd once. I'd come out with the pack from the water and would have to gain as much of a lead as I could hammering it out on the bike because in a 5k I'd have about a 6:30 pace (whereas those with he best potetential to win were at 5:30) or in a 10k about 6:30-7:30 depending on the course.

I never learned to swim, so triathlons were always out for me. I did do the bike/run duathlons though (I was a much stronger runner than a biker), and definitely did do better in the running leg than the biking. Usually shorter distances as well, though I did do a few races that were Olympic distances. I think that strong bikers definitely have an advantage though. Coming off the bike late, you are chasing, and it difficult to make up a couple of minutes over 5 or even 10K. You have to be a *much* stronger runner to run down someone who is that far ahead of you over such a short distance. I've heard from Tri-geeks that a strong swimmer gains the least advantage, again, because the the relative gain that you can take. Congrats on the NZ Ironman. A few of my friends did Kona a couple of years ago, and said that it was amazing, but kicked their asses. I can't even imagine.

Stylez, what distances do you run? And how are your times, if you don't mind saying? What is your age category? You look like you might run HS or college, and I have a cousin by marriage who is an elite miler.

5. bBoy JEe

bBoy JEe Well-Known Member

Marrakesh, I like the outfit, but I think you need a belt if you're tucking.

6. bBoy JEe

I have a cousin by marriage who is an elite miler.

Really? Which one?

7. LA Guy

Really? Which one?

Ryan. Posted 4:28 recently.

8. bBoy JEe

That's pretty fast =) Faster than you I would imagine!

9. LA Guy

That's pretty fast =) Faster than you I would imagine!
    . Yeah, by close to a minute [​IMG] Now, take it to PM, bitch.

10. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

iTunes Playing: Swallows And Swifts by July Skies from the record Dreaming Of Spires [​IMG] Supreme Tee x Dior Belt x Cheap Monday Jean x Arcteryx Pack. Berlin, any chance of a Pitti Uomo show report?, Highlights? Disappointments?.

11. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Well-Known Member

12. CJC

CJC New Member

Just picked up this shirt. Appropriate for casual fridays? Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

13. migo

migo Well-Known Member

absolutely. [​IMG]

I've not really posted here before (at all?)...just a regular day at w0rk:
    [​IMG]

random aviators
    terminator head transplant
    random polo bought from England
    Cheap Monday
    Adidas

14. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

Rye is solarized...

I like to sabotage my credibility once in a blue moon, and fuck with some of the knuckleheads over at Superfuture. [​IMG]

15. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Well-Known Member

depends, how many people are you going to fit inside of it at once? or will it be serving as a tent for a small gathering?

[​IMG]

16. CoryB

CoryB Well-Known Member

depends, how many people are you going to fit inside of it at once? or will it be serving as a tent for a small gathering?

[​IMG]

+1. Your comment actually made me check out the picture.

17. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Well-Known Member

Your second picture is wonderful, Berlin.

18. Stylez

Stylez Well-Known Member

Stylez, what distances do you run? And how are your times, if you don't mind saying? What is your age category? You look like you might run HS or college, and I have a cousin by marriage who is an elite miler.

Im a junior which is senior in HS and freshman in college. I'm more of a distance runner, I've ran a 35-36 minute 10K, sub 16 5K, 9:20 3K, and a 4:10 1500m. We usually dont train for longer distances than the 10K, because my club is more track oriented.

19. berlin report

berlin report Well-Known Member

Rye, I'm a bit scared of posting a Pitti report only because I will end up praising the labels I work with and not saying very nice things about those I don't. All in all, it was an inspiring show. We all know how impossibly early this fair is for the sample manufacturers and because I went on the first day, I expected half of it not to be ready. Well, I got there at 10am and the atmosphere was already going at break-neck speed. Fantastic energy. I went straight to Engineered Garments and had a great time. Now, this is only my second order and I won't get my first delivery for a couple of months but I'm really in love with it. Nautica+Madras+Americana...I especially loved the navy blue ship-steering- wheel-speckled (or were they flowers?) fabric they used for almost everything and the madras plaids in different hues. They had cinch-back flat-front shorts which will be my uniform next summer. Next, I went to Clerk & Teller--- a british label I fell in love with last January. Great shirting and a really strong knitwear collection using Sea Island cotton which felt a bit more robust and infinitely more charming than Smedley. Unfortunately I cannot report on the sportswear/jeans halls as I decided to give them a miss. I also only walked briskly though the Tailoring hall. I only had one day and needed to use my time for my specific needs. One brand I also really liked was Tretorn---the sneakers were just on the right side of interesting without trying too hard and the apparrel had that robust, beachy, washed, beaten by the wind feel but not vintaged that some enlightened designers seem to be doing for next summer--- giving people an alternative from the really-dressed-up-slim-trouser-can't-sit-down-everywhere look propagated by brands from Acne to Hugo. Unfortunately they already have a retailer in my area so they could not open a new account. I also ordered a few pieces from Haversack, the only brand whose samples fit me perfectly (hurray Japan!) and which will hang beautifully beside EG and Folk Clothing.
    The Pitti Uomo is always IMHO a great fair to visit because its the kick-off and you get the season's vibes right away. Also, there is such a diverse group of people from the industry that you get an amazing amount of input (whether you like it or not)--- I saw guys in 70's tennis shorts and tucked-in shirts strolling side-by-side with conservative tailors in their bespoke suits --- a mix you'll hardly ever see in any other show.[​IMG]
    PS: Forgot to mention, thanks for the kind comments guys. Yes, I dared to take my own pictures amidst the fantastic outfits whizzing around me. I managed to find a couple of quiet corners and set the camera on the holy stones...
    PPS: Rye, Now you owe me a Bread and Butter Barcelona Report.

20. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

^^^^
    Thanks Berlin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.