1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

raggamuffin style for the Hollywood farmer's market

Baron's back! Woohoo! I always like your fits, this one's no exception. Casual and laid back, but not sloppy.

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Brunch this morning...

[​IMG]

You live in Southern California. A pinstriped suit is pushing it Monday-Friday, hardly appropriate for Sunday brunch...or are you a Bible Thumper?

3. vvoc

vvoc Senior member

any close ups of the oleg cassini sunglasses Baron?

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

You live in Southern California. A pinstriped suit is pushing it Monday-Friday, hardly appropriate for Sunday brunch...or are you a Bible Thumper?

Not me, but the clients I was meeting came straight from church in their Sunday best. Do my best to fit in [​IMG]

5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

any close ups of the oleg cassini sunglasses Baron?

Here's a stock photo:

[​IMG]

6. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Andrew,

You mean this one, right?

[​IMG]

I think that is my best fitting suit. It's a bit surprising, because it is Brioni, and one would think that the shoulder structure would be incompatible with my shoulders but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Hmm, it is a nice fit, but I was remembering a Barbera for some reason. If you don't have a striped Barbera I must be remembering this one.

7. blank

blank Senior member

Don't take this the wrong way SoCal (or maybe it's a compliment? who knows) but you look older than 23.

8. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Don't take this the wrong way SoCal (or maybe it's a compliment? who knows) but you look older than 23.

Such is the case when I'm scruffy and don't have my little boy comb over.

9. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

[​IMG] lw81 alt app jomons john varvato
    i love everything about this very well selected pieces the more i say the less sense i will make so i will leave it at that its like eating a cupcake in the dark

10. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton shirt
    Prada pant
    Trafalgar belt
    Zegna socks
    FR loafers

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think the fuller cut jeans work better with a more casual outfit, like this one. I don't like them so much with sportcoats. Vintage Western olive gingham shirt Vintage Leather jacket SC Okinawas Zara boots [​IMG] I'll probably hem the Canes soon.

12. Stylez

Stylez Well-Known Member

You need a larger size in that jacket.

#1 Sleeves are too short

#2 The jacket is too tight in the mid-section. It seems to be squeezing your inards.

#3 Armholes are too high or tight. I bet you can't raise your hands more than 60 degrees in that jacket.

#4 +1 on the Jeans need hemming, and they are too wide of a cut to be worn with such a small jacket.

Say if you were to wear that jacket again, id suggest you leave all the buttons open to reveal more of a relaxed look. This jacket doesn't work for me when worn like that^^.

13. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

I think the fuller cut jeans work better with a more casual outfit, like this one. I don't like them so much with sportcoats.

Disagree. With your build, a fuller cut jean is going to be your best friend. Your slim jeans are only going to do one thing - make your body look like a mushroom. The ones you wore a couple pages back (the uniqlos?) really looked great on you, they create a lot more balance to your silhouettte.

14. gqreader239

gqreader239 Senior member

http://leatherjacketsandjeans.blogspot.com/
    You need a larger size in that jacket.

#1 Sleeves are too short

#2 The jacket is too tight in the mid-section. It seems to be squeezing your inards.

#3 Armholes are too high or tight. I bet you can't raise your hands more than 60 degrees in that jacket.

#4 +1 on the Jeans need hemming, and they are too wide of a cut to be worn with such a small jacket.

Say if you were to wear that jacket again, id suggest you leave all the buttons open to reveal more of a relaxed look. This jacket doesn't work for me when worn like that^^.

hmm i would think that given the higher arm hole cut, that he wouldnt have much problem raising his arms.

15. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

Here's a stock photo:

[​IMG]

where can I cop?

16. Eason

Eason Senior member

Eason Jordan, you've let yourself go. [​IMG]

Who is Eason Jordan? I'm Eason Chan [​IMG]

17. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

You need a larger size in that jacket. #1 Sleeves are too short
    I believe we've gone over this before...
    Actually it's not very tight at all. There's a term for the visual effect of the jacket tapering near the waist, rather than being boxy. It's called waist suppression. Perhaps you've heard of it? As far as the arms go, I have pretty much full mobility while wearing the jacket, and the armholes aren't tight whatsoever.
    I agree with the fact that the jeans need to be hemmed. I'm sorry you feel the jacket doesn't work for you, good thing its my jacket and not yours, then.

18. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Disagree. With your build, a fuller cut jean is going to be your best friend. Your slim jeans are only going to do one thing - make your body look like a mushroom. The ones you wore a couple pages back (the uniqlos?) really looked great on you, they create a lot more balance to your silhouettte.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I feel that a fuller cut (at least until mid-calf) appears sloppy. I'm not opposed to bootcuts that start at mid-calf like the 5EP LDB, and potentially the BOLA.

I think there's a seemingly large disconnect between how I appear in pictures and how I do in real life. I'm not 5'11" 250 or something like that, which would appear to be extremely disproportionate. While my drop is somewhat larger than the norm, 6'1 220ish isn't really all that big, at least not in the US.

19. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

Here's a stock photo:

[​IMG]

That's weird they look nearly identical to Persol 2761

[​IMG]

20. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

drizzt,
    the only thing I would object too is that the jacket has a bit too short sleeves (but as a pretty slim but broad shouldered guy myself, I know how common too short sleeves are on clothes that otherwise fit fine).
    The jeans looks great, and definitly doesnt need to be hemmed. A small cuff could be nice though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.