1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

At the risk of replying to every post on this page... really, really excellent, Chris.

2. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

soundtrack of my day:

[​IMG]

TEMPRAS t-shirt
    STUSSY bomber jacket
    DIOR jeans
    VANS

3. mutterlein

mutterlein Active Member

Yes, I wonder if the look would be as excellent if it didn't have raf simons, anne demeulemesster, or acne stiched on the insides of it.

4. Saucemaster

Yes, I wonder if the look would be as excellent if it didn't have raf simons, anne demeulemesster, or acne stiched on the insides of it.

...Yes it would.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

You mean like the way Sauce and a bevy of other members get props for wearing all their ultra-expensive designers pieces?

6. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Certainly not the case here. I don't even remember what labels Sauce wears, but I like his looks.

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Certainly not the case here. I don't even remember what labels Sauce wears, but I like his looks.

Quick, irony just had a heart attack, let's give it CPR before it dies for good!!!!

8. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

let it die and RIP.

Chris looks good regardless of brand names.

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

let it die and RIP.

Chris looks good regardless of brand names.

Haha, yeah my point was that we've got a lot of well dressed members who do not wear expensive designer labels and get complimented quite a lot so I don't see why complimenting chris would be different. I personnally love his style..

10. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

It wasnt me that killed irony [​IMG]

11. mutterlein

mutterlein Active Member

You mean like the way Sauce and a bevy of other members get props for wearing all their ultra-expensive designers pieces?

Something like that. There's nothing wrong with brand loyalty and pride, if you respect a brand and it has served you well you should be proud. The listing of labels with the photos is excellent as well for educative purposes, be clear in that I'm not trying to knock these things.

12. Saucemaster

My extensive collection of Hennes & Mauritz has cost me untold sums. My vintage pieces are fairly cheap, but if you include travel costs (hidden caves high in the Andes, small villages deep in the jungles of Southeast Asia, and once--most memorably--at a secret underwater testing facility in the Marianas Trench) then the price per garment goes through the roof.

13. mutterlein

mutterlein Active Member

I personnally love his style..
    It doesn't seem as thought out as some other stylish outfits posted, fairly conventional sans the heavy price paid in order to acheive it. Perhaps that's why I doubt its excellence. I suppose there is no room for dissent in this thread? Am I being rude?

14. kronik

kronik Senior member

No, you're not mutter. I'm not a fan of Chris.'s outfits either.. I think he (or his parents) are paying entirely too much money to look like a bum. Of course, I refrain from sharing that opinion because ultimately, it doesn't really matter either way.

15. mutterlein

mutterlein Active Member

it doesn't really matter either way.

Ah yes, that's true.

16. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

chris is one of the only people that i see posting that wears stuff like gap so well. so regardless of the brands he might have on, his style is always there.

17. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I suppose there is no room for dissent in this thread? Am I being rude?

No you're not, but you didn't really criticize the outfit, just imply that he was being praised because those are "designer" brands. I disagree and find that the users of this forum, while not immune to trends, tends to praise all kind of outfits at many different price points. Sauce is a good exemple of this, although I didn't know about the Marianne secret underwater base and must contact Moscow immediayely to receive further instructions.

18. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

[​IMG]

h&m cardigan
    tsubi scoop neck
    ann demeulemeester mesh tank
    acne jeans
    raf rip offs
    raf double zipper bag

Chris, love this.
    Superbobo, again, fresh,fresh,fresh!

19. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

No, you're not mutter. I'm not a fan of Chris.'s outfits either.. I think he (or his parents) are paying entirely too much money to look like a bum. Of course, I refrain from sharing that opinion because ultimately, it doesn't really matter either way.
    But didn't you just share it? [​IMG]

20. kronik

kronik Senior member

I realized that as I was typing and chose to submit it anyways. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.