1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

On the one hand, he wasn't particularly tactful and as a new poster, that's just never going to go over well.

On the other hand, he touched on something I think might be a bit sore - jeans+hoodie+T do not a particular interesting outfit make, no matter how well-made the items are.

On the other other hand, seniority is a fact of life and it sort of just has to be respected for the forum to work.

Finally, you just get more respect when you put yourself out there so you can give like you take.

2. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Tie is square ended. The touching of my pants is caused by my slight bend, tie actually falls 3/4ths of an inch above my belt, if I were wearing a belt that is.

Square-ended tie? WTF?

I've never heard of nor seen such a thing...did it get caught in a paper-cutter or something??

3. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

Square-ended tie? WTF?

I've never heard of nor seen such a thing...did it get caught in a paper-cutter or something??

Extremely common Mid-Century detail, typically found in skinny knit ties. Many companies still make variations on this.

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

On the one hand, he wasn't particularly tactful and as a new poster, that's just never going to go over well. On the other hand, he touched on something I think might be a bit sore - jeans+hoodie+T do not a particular interesting outfit make, no matter how well-made the items are. On the other other hand, seniority is a fact of life and it sort of just has to be respected for the forum to work. Finally, you just get more respect when you put yourself out there so you can give like you take.
    Sure, the jeans hoodie t thing isn't particularly interesting. This is valid regardless of his post count. That he said it in nearly the most obnoxious way possible is also true regardless of his post count. Nothing else he said was worthy of attention, and it wouldn't have been if he had 3,000 posts. Rome's right about this thread turning into a circle jerk too often. That doesn't make all criticism legitimate. His postcount is irrelevant. Whether or not he posts a picture of himself is irrelevant. This was just imbecilic shit throwing.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

BTW Jet and LaGuy are posting pics, congrats gents!!

6. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Extremely common Mid-Century detail, typically found in skinny knit ties. Many companies still make variations on this.

Now that you mention it, I have seen it on skinny ties before. I was imagining a three-inch silk print just ending in a square. *shudder*

Sure, the jeans hoodie t thing isn't particularly interesting. This is valid regardless of his post count. That he said it in nearly the most obnoxious way possible is also true regardless of his post count. Nothing else he said was worthy of attention, and it wouldn't have been if he had 3,000 posts.

Rome's right about this thread turning into a circle jerk too often. That doesn't make all criticism legitimate. This was just imbecilic shit throwing.

Yah, true.

7. Aries

Aries Senior member

Meh. The shot is sort of blurry, but it was the best of a bad bunch, and the slow exposure, while difficult to use, shows the colors best.

[​IMG]

Rag&Bone Selvedge Pump jacket - Louis Boston, Boston, MA
    Gazzarini Henley - Yoox [​IMG]
    Splendid Mills Henley - Revolve clothing
    Belt - Tooled belt Leather goods connection
    5EP Low down boot rigid jeans (a little oversized) - Famous Friends, NYC, New York
    Not shown
    Natural Chucks with Switched out Navy laces (riffing on Rye) - Berks, Cambridge, MA.
    Jutta Neumann barbell bracelet - Jutta Neumann,NYC.

Edit: slightly better shot.

Fok, very nice. Like the way everything fits and the color combo is right up my alley. Really like the jacket, and the more I see Rag& Bone the more I appreciate their refined streetwear look. One of the few companies that manage to make relatively sophisticated (for lack of a better word) looking casual pieces.

8. Rover

Rover Member

This forum must be the most touchy one I've ever been on. The way I speak is actually without trying to be a total asshole, but maybe the way we interact are a bit different here in Norway. I'll sensor they way I say things from now on.
    I will still call shit for what it is, but with another approach..

9. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

lance konami: please cut your hair, ponytails on men doesn't look good at all imo. And metallica tee's should only be worn if you actually are going to a concert. Otherwise you only look like a poor metal-head. And what's up with the Nike sneakers?! you could at least worn leather boots.
    Yeah Lance, your pony tail looks "Wickity Wack"[​IMG] Mr Rover you should probably recap my posts back to October to realize the irony in said outfit. On a daily basis I like to address one of many multiple personalities I have. This one was Quantum Leap "1985/1987". As a life long wearer of buzz cuts I have finally grown my hair long enough to dally in the world of pony tails, yes usually adorned by the less than reputable male persona, but tough titties I think it looks alright, especially considering I will not be accessorizing it with Versace floral shirts, pleated pants. loafers and a white open top Porsche, mmmm that does sound well sexy, beware Mr Rover, beware!!!!!!! P.S. Mr Rover!, I don't particularly like Metallica but wear the shirt if only for the sweet colors, soft fabric and tacky graphic artwork. Hipsterism at it's best, plus this particular style has a good resale value.

10. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Rye. Rome != Rover.

11. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Rye. Rome != Rover.
    Thanks, it's Sunday and I'm bleary eyed. Edited so I don't look like a complete imbecile[​IMG]

12. Rover

Rover Member

Rye GB: I still mean that outfit would look bad even in the mid 80's.. theres is just nothing cool about it.. still think you should have worn boots. Just to complete the look as utterly rubbish. And aren't you supposed to dress up, and not down? I might have gotten this all wrong.

PS Rye! Even italians look shitty with a ponytail.

13. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Rye GB: I still mean that outfit would look bad even in the mid 80's.. theres is just nothing cool about it.. still think you should have worn boots. Just to complete the look as utterly rubbish. And aren't you supposed to dress up, and not down? I might have gotten this all wrong.

Up, down, left, right, skid row and Wall Street I like it all, you have to be able to embrace many facets of style, fashion and well placed irony to understand. You have a lot to learn. Be quiet and just watch for a while.

14. j

j Senior member Admin

If you're going to be a dick, at least say something that's right once in a while.

15. Rome

Rome Senior member

For a sec there I thought I was being called out as trolling by proxy.

16. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I'm pretty sure if you always talked that way to strangers you'd be dead by now, even in Norway.

17. Rover

Rover Member

fuuma, I don't talk to strangers like that, only people that stick their face on the internet.

But on topic, you guys liked that outfit? if so, do enlighten me.

18. jet

jet Senior member

Up, down, left, right, skid row and Wall Street I like it all, you have to be able to embrace many facets of style, fashion and well placed irony to understand. You have a lot to learn. Be quiet and just watch for a while.

Ditto, nooblet at life.

For a sec there I thought I was being called out as trolling by proxy.

I love you Rome.

I'm pretty sure if you always talked that way to strangers you'd be dead by now, even in Norway.

hahaa

Rover, I think at this juncture you just need to shut the fuck up.

19. Rover

Rover Member

ok, I will shut the fuck up.. before any one of you strangers kill me.. I don't want to be dead by now..

20. adversity04

adversity04 Senior member

But on topic, you guys liked that outfit? if so, do enlighten me.

You're not going to like every fit that you see on here. There are certain members who regularly dress in what I think looks good and with the sense of style I can relate to. There are those whose looks I don't, but to each their own. Take each post for what it is, someone sharing a part of their individual style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.