1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Ahhh, avert yer eyes fellow steezers!

I'm afraid I cannot be of any help, because I do not agree with either of those outfits. Sorry dude.

2. flsxik

flsxik Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] La vie est belle vintage western uniqlo tanner skull premium leather chucks cheers!

3. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

So I realized that basically everything I've been wearing for the past week or so has been black... needed to change up. The second picture is a decent representation of the thigh fading on these Nudies.

Springtime!

The park is a really nice backdrop for that outfit!

4. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Today's school wear-

Bright red/pink Cross oxford
    White Dockers khakis
    Dark leather Kenneth Cole thong sandals *puts on flamesuit*
    Dark brown Dockers belt
    Swiss Army watch, brown leather strap
    Dark brown Ray-Bans on the collar (and on my face when I go outside in about a half-hour)

JB

5. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Ahhh, avert yer eyes fellow steezers!

I'm afraid I cannot be of any help, because I do not agree with either of those outfits. Sorry dude.

Any particular reason? I'm figuring the pants fit might be one thing...

6. Aries

Aries Senior member

Berlin report, well done.

So I realized that basically everything I've been wearing for the past week or so has been black... needed to change up. The second picture is a decent representation of the thigh fading on these Nudies.

Springtime!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sauce, I was thinking the same thing before I saw your comment, Finally some color..good pic, great fit etc considering warmer weather constraints.

Augosto, the outfit is ok, second pic looks better since the angle makes you look taller.

7. AnotherVictim

AnotherVictim Senior member

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Any particular reason? I'm figuring the pants fit might be one thing...

I don't feel it either, the pants and shirt both look kinda billowing, and I get sort of a mariachi vibe off of it, for some reason.

9. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

I don't feel it either, the pants and shirt both look kinda billowing, and I get sort of a mariachi vibe off of it, for some reason.

[​IMG] Weird. Pants are not super-slim but neither billowing, and the shirt really couldn't comfortably get much tighter, it fits me perfectly, from Jantzen. Maybe it's the pics.

10. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

[​IMG] Weird. Pants are not super-slim but neither billowing, and the shirt really couldn't comfortably get much tighter, it fits me perfectly, from Jantzen. Maybe it's the pics.

The second pair look like they fit better. I don't like how the pockets bulge out at the sides. I had a pair of pants that did that, and had the pockets stitched up. The shirt - it's the colour, and the fact that it's untucked, and the sleeves are rolled up. This might work for jeans, but for the dress slacks, and the colour of the slacks you've chosen to wear, it does not work at all. The pants and the shoes look good together, but throw in a bright red shirt, and everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

Overall, I think it looks sloppy, and just poorly put together. The individual pieces might work fine with other items, but as a whole, they don't. If it's the nightclubby look you're going for, wear a less offensive shirt - maybe a light blue, or white, and tuck it in.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I dunno, when I look in the first pic, the chest area looks like there's extra fabric hanging there, so it looks sorta loose. That could be because you need to bulk up though [​IMG]

I agree with some of Bandwagonesque's comments regarding the shirt but I don't think it needs to be tucked in. I think a blue (either light or dark) or white shirt, or really a variety of colors other than red, would work better, untucked, but with the cuffs buttoned and the sleeves not rolled down, would be a pretty decent look for a club.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Re. Augusto's outfit, the fit of the shirt is nice, and the looser pants fits his look well. I would say that to contrast the slimmer shirt and the looser pants, tucking in the shirt would be a good idea. The colors as well as the proportions are a little too "Zorro" for me, but with Augusto's hair, bone structure, and facial hair, why not?

13. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Thanks! Helpful stuff...good point about the slacks/color matching, and the effect of rolling the sleeves with the red shirt...pockets are bulging cause they're full of stuff...

I like the color of the shirt, though, and got compliments on it all night. Now I just got to figure out how to work it...

That's funny about the Zorro thing, LAGuy, someone said the same thing last night.

See, this is why I come here...constructive criticism rocks and none of my friends are sartorial enough to give it to me!

14. ineffable

ineffable Senior member

Personally, both look just a little sloppy, but the second outfit was much better.

That being said, I would have the pants hemmed to be a bit shorter, and slimmed down throughout (especially in the thighs). Ironing would do wonders too. The cuff on the shirt is too large imo (when rolling up I usually try to make the cuff quite a bit smaller than that, and i try to get it rolled up so it is pressed against my arm rather than billowing out). I would probably also button up one more button. I would also tuck the dress shirt in, but that's personal preference, and I think it could look good either way.

15. joshua_robert

joshua_robert Well-Known Member

The cuff on the shirt is too large imo (when rolling up I usually try to make the cuff quite a bit smaller than that, and i try to get it rolled up so it is pressed against my arm rather than billowing out).

Agreed. I usually fold the cuff in half, then proceed to roll it up.

16. Coulomb

Coulomb Senior member

17. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Thom Browne navy 3btn blazer with white stitching
    Thom Browne pink s/s oxford
    Thom Browne cream/yellow floral tapestry tie
    Michael Kors poplin khakis
    Lanvin patent leather red tassle loafers
    1950s Longines

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

awesome Justin..you need to post that pic in the "most trad" dressed thread in MC. I was wondering in what context you'd wear those patent Lanvin loafers....this actually works really well. good choices

and that's a s/s oxford? VERY cool, never seen a TB oxford with short sleeves. does it have the 3rd button at back of neck or not?

19. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Yes it has the 3rd button on the neck and it also has a button on each sleeve him (no corresponding hole as per a rolling purpose or anything).

20. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

VERY VERY cool, it's basically a thom browne version of the Fred Perry and Ben Sherman s/s buttondowns I wear, which have the 3rd neck and sleeve buttons, and full back boxpleat, it's a shirt design based on old ivy league stuff as Ben Sherman sought to replicate the classic Brooks shirts in England when he started the line in 1963. I'm always impressed that TB knows about these little details and references, even tho as far as I know, he was never a part of the mod scene, which lives for shit like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.