1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

One of the only days I've worn a tshirt this entire summer...

The Briefs band shirt
    Nudie Thin Finn
    Paul Smith multicolor stitch leather belt
    Diesel stainless watch
    Puma leather H Street

[​IMG]

The TFs look great.. I need to get some myself.

2. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

One of the only days I've worn a tshirt this entire summer...

The Briefs band shirt
    Nudie Thin Finn
    Paul Smith multicolor stitch leather belt
    Diesel stainless watch
    Puma leather H Street

[​IMG]

sex objects did not leave my player for at least 6 months.

after seeing the way those finns fit you i have decided that they are the closest im going to get to replacing my jr nikkis. the saggier ass and skinny legs look very similar to my hobokens. i just wish the finns were button fly! and i really wish jr were easier to get in the states. how do those finns compare to your jr calis?

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Bergdorf Goodman shirt
    Brioni jeans
    Zegna belt
    Zegna socks
    Gravati chelsea boots

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Last night (clubs/gambling):

Blue gradient striped Michael Kors polo
    PDC GTO-01 1 year jeans, look like one wash, now have some interesting fading
    Brown Prada chelsea boots with a perforated design
    Lange 1815 Automatic in Platinum
    LV Vetiver

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

how do those finns compare to your jr calis?

The cut is real similar but the Finns seem to have a slightly thinner overall leg, mostly knees down. I really like the lower back yoke and low pockets. That's the detail that puts this a notch over my JR. personally, I like the zipper more than buttonfly. The denim is thinner than JR and that 2% stretch makes them hella comfortable. The ass isnt butthugging tight which I also like. I just got my pair in dry black yesterday so I'm stoked.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

carrying on a theme...

Nudie Thin Finn dry black
    Diesel watch
    Nineveh Tshirt
    White & Co. 1880 trainers
    Old Navy belt

[​IMG]

7. jet

jet Senior member

Haha I used to tuck my shirt in like that but a little more to the side, crazy.

8. benchan

benchan Senior member

Get Smart, for Nudie Thin Finn dry black, have you looked at similar offerings from Diesel(Onijo, Slammer, Thanaz with stretch denim), how would you rate them compare to Nudie?

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I was looking at the new Diesel model (dont know the name but maybe it's the Thanaz) but it's 2% stretch and has nearly the exact fit as Thin Finn with a very skinny leg. It has an interesting design, with 2 seams running along the back of leg (not as gross as it sounds) and a zippered small pocket above the back right pocket. It fit nice but cost $200 and overall I liked the Nudies better. But it's worth checking out for a good alternative.

10. batch

batch Active Member

carrying on a theme...

Nudie Thin Finn dry black
    Diesel watch
    Nineveh Tshirt
    White & Co. 1880 trainers
    Old Navy belt

[​IMG]

Get Smart, you wearing your belt backwards in this pic?

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Get Smart, you wearing your belt backwards in this pic?

good eye. It's weird, unless there is some kind of detail/marking where I have to wear it "forwards", yea I always wear my belts backward. I didnt even know I was doing that until I got a belt that required it being worn forward, and I thought it was made backwards. Forward/backward...all I know is that the tongue goes towards my righthandside when belted. Is that "backward"?

12. batch

batch Active Member

good eye. It's weird, unless there is some kind of detail/marking where I have to wear it "forwards", yea I always wear my belts backward. I didnt even know I was doing that until I got a belt that required it being worn forward, and I thought it was made backwards. Forward/backward...all I know is that the tongue goes towards my righthandside when belted. Is that "backward"?

Yup, when the tongue goes right, that's "backward"...unless you're wearing a belt with a double ring closure. What made me notice was that it looked like you were wearing the same belt in the last two pictures, and I was curious why you were wearing your belt normal in the first pic but backward in the second. Either way, it looks good IMO.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

the belt in the first pic has a small "paul smith" engraving on the buckle so I wear it correct. But backwards is my norm.

14. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

the belt in the first pic has a small "paul smith" engraving on the buckle so I wear it correct. But backwards is my norm.

Mmm... I used to alternate accidentally for the longest time. I think I did not consistently wear my belt facing leftward until I joined the army and had to wear the web belt with the national guard insignia on its buckle. Could not wear that upside down, I'd have ended up serving a few weeks extra [​IMG]
    But does not look bad.

15. VMan

VMan Senior member

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday, when I got a new belt which had a design on the buckle. I thought that perhaps the buckle was 'backwards' on this particular belt, but the last few posts made me realize that I have always worn belts the wrong way.

16. VMan

VMan Senior member

Cool day here today, 70 degrees and dropping. - H&M long sleeve tee - Blue Cult (I know, I know...) faded black jeans. The jeans came in a fairly solid black color, and the fading is due mostly to actual wear. The denim quality is actually pretty good. They are also not as flared as they appear in the picture. - Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche black calfskin sleek balmorals, though I think my vintage 1960's brown ankle boots would probably look better and I may switch it up. [​IMG]

17. alexpham

alexpham Well-Known Member

Burberry cardigan
    T.M. Lewin navy block shirt
    APC New Standard
    Charles Tyrwhitt tan chukka boot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Barneys sweater
    Earl jeans
    Nocona belt
    Zegna socks
    Justin boots

19. cultpop 0217

jason

really nice shoes.

yesterday
    [​IMG]

homemade necklace
    handmade shirt from depARTment (artist unknown)
    gap skinny
    vintage brass buckle
    green batman pin
    beat ass vans

closeup of buckle
    [​IMG]

20. cultpop 0217

today
    [​IMG]

deathattack scarf
    deathattack mickey shirt