• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Vintage 60s white knit shirt with red/navy/gray striping and faux "sweater V-neck" which gives the illusion that you are also wearing a sweater vest over it

Diesel dark jeans

red socks

Adidas antelopes (red/white/blue model)

Ben Sherman navy with red/white stripe zip up sweater

Brian SD

Reaction score
A Harris - great set up. Not my style but sounds like it would work perfect for you.

Today:

6-year-old black Clash t-shirt

Nudies

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New "The Cry" tee from DSGN (as cool in person as on the website) over teal longsleeve three dots tee ($8 at FB), Seven jeans with Baltazar Maltese cross belt. Black on white Adidas Samoas.

sam

Reaction score
Slightly less cool than LA Guy:

DSGN "Explore" tee over black AA long-sleeve thermal. Seven NYD jeans. Onitsuka Tiger 66s (birch/indian ink/latte).

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, a more normal looking, classic watch, maybe?
Can't see that catching on. Â
devil.gif
The current Prada ads are showing these multi-colored plastic art deco-style analog watches, similar to watches Coolestshop had a few years ago. They're not very 'street', of course. If I had a hundred watches already, I might pick up this Frank Gehry Fossil watch. Today: No-name brand boot-cut jeans, in black with gray distressing - look so much better than the garden-variety skinny-leg black jean, in my opinion; White canvas belt; White t; Dark charcoal gray wool 2-way zip sweater, with stand-up collar, and a dark gray denim patch-and-flap pocket on the left chest; Black leather cuff Fossil watch; Puma Race Cat sneakers in royal blue suede with white leather accents.

benchan

Reaction score
Damn, why I never heard about AA a few years ago. Just realize I can pay in Canadian dollars using a 1 to 1 exchange rate with a Canadian address.

Today:
APC jeans-English cut
Barcelona style soccer tee--Nike
brown braid leather belt with brass buckle--Polo
Superstar Anniversary model-Berlin

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Levis Type 1 jeans

studded/jeweled/stingray engineered 50s style belt

Allen Edmonds oxblood/black spectators

black/gray argyle socks

black "Raucous Records" tshirt

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today:

Dark Jean Paul Da'mage 'City' jeans

Onitsuko Tiger trainers, white with blue/red stripe

Floral 'dress' shirt, untucked. White with large Picasso-style flowers in 4 shades of blue

Navy slim-fit suit jacket with pinstripes

Sevcom

Reaction score
Pink American Apparel polo shirt
Seven bootcut cords
CK omega belt
bare feet, because I'm relaxing in my apartment

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Was too lazy to post this last night: Light golden tan linen 4btn notch lapel jacket with patch/bellows pockets by Dunhill, completely unlined, soft, short, and very trim fitting, rolled to and buttoned on the third button from the bottom. Untucked slim fitting Bergdorf Goodman Private Label shirt with spread collar/barrel cuffs, in a fabric similar to denim but much cooler somehow (love this shirt,) Paper Denim 2yr LTD's, 2-tone vintage-soccer style shoes by Faconnable - light distressed tan with dark antiqued brown toe and heel 'caps'. They were very likely made by Pantofola d'Oro unless Faconabble commisioned an exact knock-off. So does that qualify as streetwear, or is it more of a sportswear thing? Â Â
smile.gif

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So does that qualify as streetwear, or is it more of a sportswear thing? Â Â
smile.gif
I'm voting streetwear, but you've gotta post a picture of the shoes. Today: Medium-blue carpenter jeans. Brown belt, brown leather Adidas Rekords. White long-sleeved fitted t. Navy t with a white and royal blue tie-dye across the chest and sleeves, from Lands' End. Navy track jacket with stand-up collar, with white piping on the seams and white stripes around the upper arms, also Lands' End.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Nudie Reg Ralf Dry Selvedge jeans
Green/Teal/White argyle knit short sleeve polo/sweater
White engineered 50s belt with b/w horsehair patches and clear/onyx stones
B/W 50s style laceup pointed toe gibsons
Slim olive sharkskin 3 button fitted blazer

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in a fabric similar to denim but much cooler somehow (love this shirt,)

I'm guessing that it's a type of chambray. I'd say that anything incorporating decent jeans not made by some fancy dancy Italian company like Borrelli and sneakers (Pantoforo are repro very, very old school sneakers) count as streetwear - or at least tending towards streetwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads