What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

iTunes plating: The Libertine by Patrick Wolf from the album Wind In The Wires [​IMG] Mono Band Tee Dior Home Belt Dior 19cm Chucks LV Bag

2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Timpolete
    looks very nice. a bit playing it safe with all EG though...
    what kinda shoes?

3. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Timpolete
    looks very nice. a bit playing it safe with all EG though...
    what kinda shoes?

Yeah, I really should try to mix it up a bit. Don't have much though cuz I've pretty much streamlined my wardrobe to be mostly EG, besides the pieces given to me by my girlfriend, which I keep if I want to live to see tomorrow.

The shoes = jack purcells, brown herringbone. Safari tones head to toe basically.

4. flsxik

flsxik Senior member

hm hat uniqlo tee chrome transport pbj vans [​IMG] peace!

5. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

I love GS's shoes. I'd mug you in the street for them if I thought I could take you on. [​IMG] Just a question though, when you wear them with a suit, what belt do you wear with it?

[​IMG]

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I found a nubuck belt from Old Navy in a greyish teal that compliments the shoes. It's not a perfect match, but the tones are there...and when it comes to odd color shoes/belt, I don't like a perfect match anyways, or it looks like you bought them as a set

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Prepped out today. Maybe I'll go to Smith Point.
    RL custom fit OCBD
    AA crew sweat
    Land's End vest
    Filson belt
    altered varvatos cords
    saucony hornets

8. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

[​IMG]

And collar up because a gust picked up right before I took the pic:
    [​IMG]

I kind of like it better with the collar up, but even with a jacket I feel kind of like a douche wearing the collar up for no reason, so it's staying down.

9. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Breaking out the white cords on a sunny day in L.A. jcrew levis martegani [​IMG] Sauce - I think on a cold day and with the scarf there's nothing douchey in popping the collar.

10. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

In general, I think popped jacket collars are douchey. Exceptions being peacoats of course. However, in colder weather, and if you have sufficient bulk around your neck, like a scarf, I think it looks really good.

Now if it was reasonably warm and with no wind, and you took the second pic... then I'd call douche. [​IMG] Nice pic though, I see you're going for a repeat in the contest. Is that road salt all on the ground? I hate that stuff.

11. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

The pleated flap pocket coat I wear in most every picture has a functional button on the underside of one lapel. It's begging to be popped in the cold. [​IMG]

12. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Maybe I'll go to Smith Point.[/I]

lolz

Also, do you see what's happened, everyone? We've just pissed Jason off, and now he's unleashing wave after wave of sartorial fury...he shall not, nay, he [I]cannot [/I]be denied...

Er, he did lose, right? I didn't check the final poll before it went down...

Speaking of which, Sauce is good; Rye and chrono, ain't nothin' wrong with the classics; timpo, great, great look; Bobo, I love it; cielo, great layering; and diddy, just excellent - the photo and the fit are above and beyond...

Oh, and Baron, damn you and your beautiful weather.[IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/frown.gif The east coast is bullsh**...

13. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Get Smart, dear God your shoes are awesome. Rye, same goes for your outfit yesterday. Also, if you decide not to give the Dior jacket to LA Guy, I will accept your gracious philanthropy in his stead. Baron, I really really love that outfit. The white cords are awesome, and the fit on everything is spot on. It's simple, but it's probably my favorite fit posted in a long time (which, given Get Smart's "sartorial fury" and Rye bringing back his game, is saying a lot). BWag, yeah, lotsa road salt, which is the reason it's not covered in snow. They put it down for a random courtyard near city hall, but the ice-covered bridge I walk across on my walk to and from work, no, couldn't be bothered there.... I think the City of Philadelphia wants to see me fall into the Schuylkill.

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Er, he did lose, right? I didn't check the final poll before it went down...

lol, Sauce had it in the bag before the contest started! But he totally deserved to win, that was a great pic of his and really represents "Streetwear & Denim" well for the Steez

15. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Leaving ice on a bridge is a sure way to inspire confidence in the city's maintenance... [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.