• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
xposted from MC... as I was experimenting with skinny ties and colors...

I really like the idea of this suit sans tie for dinner+drinks type outfits... maybe with a white shirt?

19750452ze6.jpg

tljenkin

Reaction score
I think that would be perfect.

Lovin' the hands, by the way
smile.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Somewhere between 1/4" (stingy) to 1/2" (standard) up to almost a full inch if you are tall... and look like you did it on purpose.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
xposted from MC... as I was experimenting with skinny ties and colors...

I really like the idea of this suit sans tie for dinner+drinks type outfits... maybe with a white shirt?

19750452ze6.jpg

i like the jacket shirt and tie
the pants seem to be too big though at the bottom

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
i like the jacket shirt and tie the pants seem to be too big though at the bottom
I think that's an artifact from the camera that occured b/c my right foot is forward. You can see my right shoe looks a lot bigger than my left one, as well. I had the pants width taken in, they're not tapered but they're not volumious in the lower leg anymore though. It isn't a neopolitan suit heh

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right, I'm a little late on these replies, but I haven't had much time since I posted the pictures to check the forum. Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback. Lengthy response: Arethusa: Define supposed to. Granted, the henley is really tight, but thermal to me means base layer, so I didn't want it to fit like a T-shirt (though my normal T-shirts are definitely on the tight side as well). Now, I could go a size larger, but AA bills that item as "updated to fit better on taller people." I didn't like the sound of that when buying it, because I didn't want excess length in the body or sleeves, and as you can see, I got those measurements pretty much perfect on the one I'm wearing. But you're right, it could probably stand to be a little looser. sbbbjm, Brian: Yeah, that probably explains why I couldn't understand the hate the Hipsters were getting. Thanks for the comments. shoreman: Wow, I didn't even notice that. But that's what happens in Florida. Even though it was cool enough for the coat and all, I had been doing a lot of walking just before the pictures were taken, and had spent some hours in an overheated office building before that. I envy Sauce's Philly at times like that. knucks: Thanks.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Sauce: Your style is one of my favorites here, so it's nice to get a thumb's up from you. Re: tight shirts on muscled guys, I'll hold my thoughts until I've posted some pictures of me in T-shirts, and you can tell me if they still look too painted on or not. It's sort of a delicate balance, because (1) I do want to highlight my fitness; and (2) even though I'm well-built, my overall frame is not that large -- more Bruce than Arnold. So shirts that are too long or loose-fitting can definitely make me look bad. Bona Drag: Thanks; see above. Just for reference, here's the model for the henley I'm wearing: http://store.americanapparel.net/t457.html I think his henley would fit him almost as tightly as mine fits me if he had more muscle. But notice the way his sleeves bunch up at the bottom because of excess material? That was one of the things I really wanted to avoid. As for recent fits, Sauce and Rye really stood out to me. I like the pale color combination Rye did, and the scarf is a nice touch; and Sauce's coat makes me envious, both because he has one and because he has far more occasion to wear that type of thing. Kickass over-long scarf. And he always gets great backgrounds. Almost forgot: Alison's picture really grabbed my attention too. Girl lounge style, evidenced here by the too-big shirt and tiny shorts. She's got the legs for it, so I say rock on.

ruach

Reaction score
20070306.jpg

Hare M65, Corpus t-shirt, Dior Homme jeans, APC sneakers.

diamonds

Reaction score
3y4cg20.png
alex + chloe necklace logistik unicorp cadet jacket aa hoodie minimalism tshirt ande whall grifters vans prison issue high

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dcfc0101bo3.jpg
pendelton james perse 'canes nettelton codovans

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
devil.gif

headtowall

Reaction score
Cheap, what Canes are those?

I thought your 45s were pretty significantly broken in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads