1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

[​IMG]
    lo
    lo
    sam
    V
    bonus pic... from the weekend with my kids
    [​IMG]
    son:
    white tee
    vintage 60s raw wranglers
    nike
    daughter:
    gap
    60s boots
    me:
    same as above

2. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

make some cobalt blue blazers, and ill buy 10. well, not really, but if you make some ill buy at least one!

out of curiousity, do you ever experiment with different fabrics/blends/materials? like, could you make us some tees out of rayon or modal or something? or some shiny jackets! or an 100% polyester coat, while we're on the topic of them...

Well I will talk to Colby about this as well. I won't guarantee anything though...

As far as other fabric goes, it is tougher for us to find these fabrics. We came across some modal blend knit a little while ago, but the colors were less than desirable. I did just find a supplier where we can get raincoat material. I know some people have asked for this.

I will keep my eye out for some other blends...

3. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

I like MJKs concept of organic hippie materials (bamboo/cotton/hemp(?)) used to produce non-hippie garments. Clothes made from synthetic garments would seem out of place against the other items in the collection IMO.

I'd be really interested in a raincoat... unfortunately, I don't have anything in my head of what my ideal raincoat would be.

4. maydenchina

maydenchina Active Member

zomg, a little cheep in training!

5. michaeljkrell

Off to class...

AA T-Shirt
    MJK Whodini Jacket V1.0
    MJK Sample Gym Bag (my book bag)
    Corpus Jeans
    Neil Barrett Shoes

[​IMG]

6. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

iTunes Playing: The New by J Dilla from the record Donuts.
    [​IMG]
    Veronique Branquinho Jkt.
    Dior Homme Sequin Applied V-Neck Jumper.
    Thrift Christian Dior Shirt.
    APC New Standard 30".
    Paul Smith Dip Dyed Shoes.

7. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

iTunes Playing: The New by J Dilla from the record Donuts.
    http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1853/sf92tr1.png
    Veronique Branquinho Jkt.
    Dior Homme Sequin Applied V-Neck Jumper.
    Thrift Christian Dior Shirt.
    APC New Standard 30".
    Paul Smith Dip Dyed Shoes.

Sweet!! You look like you just rolled out of an R. Rodriguez flick. Cool beans.

8. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

^^

Eternal artist/rock n' roll/hipster cool perfected; dope track to boot...

Good stuff Michael, although even a couple years later I'm still not into the male handbag - are you in college?

Also, nice belt cheap.

9. michaeljkrell

Yes, I am in college. I will graduate in December with an Econ degree. It's funny, I took about 3 years off, and then went back to college this winter because well, I was little bored and the clothing biz wasn't going so great, and now this is busiest it has ever been and I have papers to write and tests to study for [​IMG]

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Rye, can I please ask what you paid for that Verionique Branquiho jacket? I jsut want to be able to sleep at night. I figure if you paid full retail, I can justify my being a loser and not having a leather jacket from a Belgian designer.

11. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Rye, can I please ask what you paid for that Verionique Branquiho jacket? I jsut want to be able to sleep at night. I figure if you paid full retail, I can justify my being a loser and not having a leather jacket from a Belgian designer.

No problem.

Fred Segal on Melrose was having one of those buy 4 items and get 50%/75% off the fourth piece (Something like that anyway). I bought three tee's and picked up the jacket. I ended up paying about $900 for the jacket (it was originally a $2400 approx piece) and the staff didn't seem amused.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

No problem.

Fred Segal on Melrose was having one of those buy 4 items and get 50%/75% off the fourth piece (Something like that anyway). I bought three tee's and picked up the jacket. I ended up paying about $900 for the jacket (it was originally a $2400 approx piece) and the staff didn't seem amused.

That's awesome [​IMG] Usually, those types of sales specify that the n-th numbered piece has to be of equal or lesser value, but Ron Herman is not a big chain where things like that are communicated properly, and the place is not staffed by intellectual luminaries who might figure that out for themselves.

If you get bored of that jacket, I'll give you $300 for it [​IMG]

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

That's awesome [​IMG] Usually, those types of sales specify that the n-th numbered piece has to be of equal or lesser value, but Ron Herman is not a big chain where things like that are communicated properly, and the place is not staffed by intellectual luminaries who might figure that out for themselves.

Now, now, not everyone can have your erudition... [​IMG]

Jon.

14. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

So you only came out of the wilds to barter?.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Heheh. Also to announce that Brian and Karissa of Peasant and I will be announcing the top three for this week's contest very soon.

No photo, unfortunately. But wearing: Sycamore Green hoodie by Helmet of the Will - great construction, details, and fit. See www.helmetwill.com for details (Peasant carries this brand, which also has some interesting tees with natural images contrasted against geometric shapes. Uncle Otis and Steven Alan carry their hoodies), black Diesel tee, 5EP low down bootcut rigids with extensive DIY repairs. Brass "dumbell" leather bracelet by Jutta Neuman. Custom made reddish brown leather belt with tooled details and brass buckle. Custom white leather Chucks. All white except for navy lining and laces.

Hmm... maybe I'll try to post this tonight...

16. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Jil Sander 2btn suit
    Helmut Lang shirt
    Jil Sander tie
    Gucci brown soft sided lace ups

[​IMG]

17. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

18. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Thanks!!

Make sure you check back on Thursday (day after I get the suit from BGs tailors) [​IMG]

Should I go tonal tie to match the suit or get the grey swiss dot? [​IMG]

19. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I'm not a fan of tonal tie/suit matching....I think the idea of a grey swiss dot sounds better.

But I *really* like the muted gingham on the tie. I was surprised to see you wrote it came from JilSander.

Looking forward to thurs pics....try and get a full body shot, not just the torso!

20. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

I totally will. Most the time I just do torso or detail to see the tie/suit/shirt color/texture combo and because the only full length mirror I have is in my bathroom and don't feel like picking up my dirty underwear, prior day's WWD and wet towel.

I already bought the matching tie; but, when I pick it up I am going to also get the swiss dot tie. I decided between the sweater and shoes to get the shoes but I won't make it down there until next week so you can see that for the Goicolea opening.

As per Jil Sander ties you should always go into the store and check them out (if you are in Chi or NY); but, even at Barneys they typically have them. Always great colors, fabrics and have a nice cut that is in between a traditional width and something like Dior Homme. They are a great way to add something nice when you have to dress conservative (ie. today with just a navy suit and light blue/white striped shirt) without going over the top with an Etro tie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.