What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

Braid, not feeling the outfit today. Fit is on, but maybe it's the lack of colour, or maybe it's because everything is clean but the tie is sloppy, but I can't get on the train today.

Dope shoes though.

thank you for your honesty. i wish everyone would be as honest. i really do value the feedback. i think it was lack of color today...it seems i wear mostly blues, blacks, and grays during the winter. how would i add more color to this outfit? maybe another more colorful tie?

on another note, you should see my coworkers reaction to fits like this...they just kind of look at me weird and probably think i'm gay. i guess that's what happens when you work with a bunch of engineer nerds [​IMG]

2. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

she's got a sinus infection and is all phlegm'd up. how attractive is that!

I am always amazed at how much snot your sinuses, or whatever makes snot, can manufacture...

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

thank you for your honesty. i wish everyone would be as honest. i really do value the feedback. i think it was lack of color today...it seems i wear mostly blues, blacks, and grays during the winter. how would i add more color to this outfit? maybe another more colorful tie?

on another note, you should see my coworkers reaction to fits like this...they just kind of look at me weird and probably think i'm gay. i guess that's what happens when you work with a bunch of engineer nerds [​IMG]

I don't think it's bad, a brighter tie or a colored shirt would be great with this. I have done a similar look quite a few times... the only one I remember was with a camel cashmere v-neck, dark red shirt and a dark green/gold striped tie.

4. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

the only one I remember was with a camel cashmere v-neck, dark red shirt and a dark green/gold striped tie.
    That sounds very busy, which is prolly why you remember it [​IMG]

5. King Francis

King Francis Senior member

Braid, what's the provenance of that light gray sweater? Pictures + explanatory text = win.

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

That sounds very busy, which is prolly why you remember it [​IMG]
    It really isn't that busy.... I guess I forgot the colors of the tie, though. It's a very dark gold/green with burgundy stripes. I got a bunch of compliments on the outfit:

[​IMG]

The shirt is unironed ATM, just threw it together.

7. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

HHH, no it's not busy. Your description conjured up visions of a very Christmas-y outfit[​IMG] .

8. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

good day gents...

[​IMG]

Maybe it's just me but I can't get into the tan shoes w/ the cool tones of the outfit. Am I the only one, am I just not getting it?

9. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like the shoes. I think it's calling for a button-down collar. I think that open collar/tie casual look needs a button-down collar to keep things under control. Other than that, not bad. If it were me, I'd probably go one degree less fitted. Not loose or baggy, just a tad less fitted. Maybe just the sweater even.

10. progressiveminded

progressiveminded Senior member

As much as I despise button down collars, I think you might be right. I'm certainly in no place to criticize, though. The outfit is simple, yet very sharp. Keep it up.

11. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

You despise button down collars and your name is progressiveminded? Surely you jest! [​IMG]

12. lowrey

lowrey Senior member

[​IMG]

rick owens jacket
    n(n) hoody
    margiela long sleeve
    diors
    visvim kiefers

13. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Maybe it's just me but I can't get into the tan shoes w/ the cool tones of the outfit. Am I the only one, am I just not getting it?

I love the tan shoes with that outfit.

You despise button down collars and your name is progressiveminded? Surely you jest!

Button-down collars are the tradliest trad that ever did trad. They have nothing to do with being progressive. (Unless your name is Get Smart, in which case you can pull off all kinds of crazy that the rest of us can't, right?)

Lowrey, great as usual, though it'd be nice to get a second angle that shows more of the layering and a little more detail on the pieces. Be like cultpop, take three or four pics and slap 'em all up. [​IMG] With the quality of your outfits, I'm sure none of us would complain.

14. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Button-down collars are the tradliest trad that ever did trad. They have nothing to do with being progressive. (Unless your name is Get Smart, in which case you can pull off all kinds of crazy that the rest of us can't, right?)
    Jovan was being sarcastic. It was something of an event. Threw a Christmas party and everything.

15. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Jovan was being sarcastic. It was something of an event. Threw a Christmas party and everything.
    Holy crap... you're right. Wow. And I totally blanked on it. There was even a smiley to tip me off. I just lost at The Internet. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.