What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gza

gza Senior member

As always...

2. sonick

sonick Senior member

I concur with the last 3 posts. That's sick, Get Smart.

Me, I'm goin with classic comfort:
    - Plain white t-shirt
    - American Apparel Track Jacket - Red with White Piping
    - Gap 1969 straight leg jeans
    - American Eagle cotton belt
    - Hi-top chucks - Black with red stitching/lining

3. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

[​IMG]
    I swear, I'm not trying to show off the belt!

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

PCs are looking good. Who makes that shirt?

5. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

[​IMG]
    Big Smith is my favorite "Asian manufacturer trying to sound American" name ever.

Actually, this Engineered Garments shirt was calling out to me, but I'm not really able to spend $170 on a casual shirt, so I found a too-big western shirt with a pattern I liked and took in the sides a little and made the bottom flat. It's a little short but on the whole it's one of my favorite shirts.

6. YoungPunch

YoungPunch Active Member

Nice outfit getsmart!! hmmm... how do I become "cooler than the average jason??, maybe I need to get some ink.

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Nice outfit getsmart!! hmmm... how do I become "cooler than the average jason??, maybe I need to get some ink.

lol, thanks for the good words. Yea man, a crapload of tattoos is the best "fashion accessory"...goes with everything and makes the stodgiest buttondown look *edgy*

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

lol, thanks for the good words. Yea man, a crapload of tattoos is the best "fashion accessory"...goes with everything and makes the stodgiest buttondown look *edgy*
    I really want to get a tattoo, but unfortunately it will never be in a visible place, so I cant make my shirts look edgy. I'm thinking of something Native American in style.. I like feathers. Any ideas? Seen anything cool like this? I searched Google and I found only lame tribals and dreamcatchers and shit. Scratch that "Native American" idea. I didn't realize it's so overdone.

9. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

everyone quit hiding!

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I really want to get a tattoo, but unfortunately it will never be in a visible place, so I cant make my shirts look edgy. I'm thinking of something Native American in style.. I like feathers. Any ideas? Seen anything cool like this?

I searched Google and I found only lame tribals and dreamcatchers and shit. Scratch that "Native American" idea. I didn't realize it's so overdone.

I wouldnt worry about "overdone" images if you're really into it. Japanese style and Americana style are both "overdone x 1000" but they are time proven images and will never be overdone in my book. Personally I'm not too into the Native American images but one guy I know is covered in Indian related tattoos.

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I wouldnt worry about "overdone" images if you're really into it. Japanese style and Americana style are both "overdone x 1000" but they are time proven images and will never be overdone in my book. Personally I'm not too into the Native American images but one guy I know is covered in Indian related tattoos.

Its just hard for me to think of something that ISN'T overdone, you know? I don't want it to be fake, i.e. something I don't believe in. This korean girl I know has a small feather between her shoulder blades. Maybe its just because she's got an amazingly hot back, but ever since then I've been very into the idea of something somewhat shaman-ish, tribal-ish, you know? But definitely not a tribal armband, a dreamcatcher, or anything else really trendy.

12. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior member

I've been very into the idea of something somewhat shaman-ish, tribal-ish, you know? But definitely not a tribal armband, a dreamcatcher, or anything else really trendy.

You should check out Inuit art, one of my best friends has something like this on his back
    [​IMG]
    I think a killer whale, I think I've only seen one other (at least in the northeast, they might be more popular in the northwest)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I like this stuff, but I could never get one, cause he beat me to it and would never let me forget that.

13. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Orca rule.

14. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Hey Hawkeye, Brian, et al.

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure those images aren't Inuit specifically. The last one especially reminds me of a Coast Salish drawing I have at my house. I would check out the West Coast native tribes like the Haida, they have some amazing iconography and stories around their artwork.

Onto today's wears:
    H&M White Dress Shirt
    Jockey Tee
    APC Rescues no wash, 2 months wear
    Brown/Red/Beige Argyle Socks
    Chocolate brown perforated leather Vans

A.

edit>content

15. mass

mass Well-Known Member

i knew somebody who had a tattoo of the mayan calendar, among other things.

anyways i'm wearing boxers and a tshirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.