• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I concur with the last 3 posts. That's sick, Get Smart.

Me, I'm goin with classic comfort:
- Plain white t-shirt
- American Apparel Track Jacket - Red with White Piping
- Gap 1969 straight leg jeans
- American Eagle cotton belt
- Hi-top chucks - Black with red stitching/lining

Metal Circus

Reaction score
6-13.jpg

I swear, I'm not trying to show off the belt!

Metal Circus

Reaction score
shirt.jpg

Big Smith is my favorite "Asian manufacturer trying to sound American" name ever.

Actually, this Engineered Garments shirt was calling out to me, but I'm not really able to spend $170 on a casual shirt, so I found a too-big western shirt with a pattern I liked and took in the sides a little and made the bottom flat. It's a little short but on the whole it's one of my favorite shirts.

YoungPunch

Reaction score
Nice outfit getsmart!! hmmm... how do I become "cooler than the average jason??, maybe I need to get some ink.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungPunch
Nice outfit getsmart!! hmmm... how do I become "cooler than the average jason??, maybe I need to get some ink.

lol, thanks for the good words. Yea man, a crapload of tattoos is the best "fashion accessory"...goes with everything and makes the stodgiest buttondown look *edgy*

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
lol, thanks for the good words. Yea man, a crapload of tattoos is the best "fashion accessory"...goes with everything and makes the stodgiest buttondown look *edgy*
I really want to get a tattoo, but unfortunately it will never be in a visible place, so I cant make my shirts look edgy. I'm thinking of something Native American in style.. I like feathers. Any ideas? Seen anything cool like this? I searched Google and I found only lame tribals and dreamcatchers and ****. Scratch that "Native American" idea. I didn't realize it's so overdone.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
everyone quit hiding!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I really want to get a tattoo, but unfortunately it will never be in a visible place, so I cant make my shirts look edgy. I'm thinking of something Native American in style.. I like feathers. Any ideas? Seen anything cool like this?

I searched Google and I found only lame tribals and dreamcatchers and ****. Scratch that "Native American" idea. I didn't realize it's so overdone.

I wouldnt worry about "overdone" images if you're really into it. Japanese style and Americana style are both "overdone x 1000" but they are time proven images and will never be overdone in my book. Personally I'm not too into the Native American images but one guy I know is covered in Indian related tattoos.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I wouldnt worry about "overdone" images if you're really into it. Japanese style and Americana style are both "overdone x 1000" but they are time proven images and will never be overdone in my book. Personally I'm not too into the Native American images but one guy I know is covered in Indian related tattoos.

Its just hard for me to think of something that ISN'T overdone, you know? I don't want it to be fake, i.e. something I don't believe in. This korean girl I know has a small feather between her shoulder blades. Maybe its just because she's got an amazingly hot back, but ever since then I've been very into the idea of something somewhat shaman-ish, tribal-ish, you know? But definitely not a tribal armband, a dreamcatcher, or anything else really trendy.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I've been very into the idea of something somewhat shaman-ish, tribal-ish, you know? But definitely not a tribal armband, a dreamcatcher, or anything else really trendy.

You should check out Inuit art, one of my best friends has something like this on his back
AT-Salmon.jpg

I think a killer whale, I think I've only seen one other (at least in the northeast, they might be more popular in the northwest)
art_thompson-untitled_dogfish.jpg

GHJ-Kwagiulth%20Halibut.jpg

I like this stuff, but I could never get one, cause he beat me to it and would never let me forget that.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Orca rule.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Hawkeye, Brian, et al.

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure those images aren't Inuit specifically. The last one especially reminds me of a Coast Salish drawing I have at my house. I would check out the West Coast native tribes like the Haida, they have some amazing iconography and stories around their artwork.

Onto today's wears:
H&M White Dress Shirt
Jockey Tee
APC Rescues no wash, 2 months wear
Brown/Red/Beige Argyle Socks
Chocolate brown perforated leather Vans

A.

edit>content

mass

Reaction score
i knew somebody who had a tattoo of the mayan calendar, among other things.

anyways i'm wearing boxers and a tshirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads