1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Okay, everyone is looking great today so collective props.

Denim tuxedo:

[​IMG]

Jacket: APC
    tee: Lad musician
    Belt: Baltazar
    Jeans: Dior
    Shoes: converse
    jewellery: S2A

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Sauce, think that might go a bit better with a slimmer jean - PBJ? Maybe something with a subtle taper...
    Thought about it and dismissed it--I wanted a looser and more casual fit. The PBJs looked like I just couldn't find my slacks, so I went with jeans instead. It may just be that the outfit doesn't work as I intended.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

And GS, I know the Grinders are homage to an iconoclastic subculture etc. etc., but imo they look ridiculous - straight clownin'. Sorry, I had to say it. [​IMG]

no prob....old habits die hard[​IMG]

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Thought about it and dismissed it--I wanted a looser and more casual fit. The PBJs looked like I just couldn't find my slacks, so I went with jeans instead. It may just be that the outfit doesn't work as I intended.

I agree with Sauce's idea. When I see slim jeans with an outfit like this, it looks like the guy wants to not have to wear trousers, rather than deliberating choosing to wear jeans. The latter is much better. I like the juxtaposition of the styles (preppy vest with slim shirt) and the loose, slacker rocker dude jeans. The wallet (which will hurt your back dude) and obvious wear on the jeans with the bit of slouch is what makes this work.

I might have gone with Lighter colored and perhaps even slightly chunkier footwear to make the juxaposition even more obvious (There used to be great picture of Nathan Bogle wearing a something very similar, with an even looser pair of RB2s, paired with Natases, in the Rag&Bone online lookbook)

5. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

I might have gone with Lighter colored and perhaps even slightly chunkier footwear to make the juxaposition even more obvious (There used to be great picture of Nathan Bogle wearing a something very similar, with an even looser pair of RB2s, paired with Natases, in the Rag&Bone online lookbook)

I chose the Vans because they were a bit chunkier than my other sneakers (all Chucks and Adidas besides the Vans), and because they always seem to go with argyle in my head--old skater connections--but I agree with the lighter-colored comment.

I could have worn my APCs and gone even looser with the jeans, actually, but I didn't think of it. Now I'm wondering.

6. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

target blazer / gap shirt / nudie / chucks

[​IMG]

7. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I could have worn my APCs and gone even looser with the jeans, actually, but I didn't think of it. Now I'm wondering.

Different strokes, man - I'm feeling slimmer below the knee looks more and more; I think all the SuFu lurkage is rubbing off on me.

8. jet

jet Senior member

^^haha you're gonna hate all my pants then

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

^^haha you're gonna hate all my pants then

Dude, I haven't even seen them, and I hate them already. Listening to you talk about them without a single picture is making me all [​IMG] Is this indicative of your mad skillz with the ladies too [​IMG]

Time to step it up man. You have 2 days to kill it with your one perfect shot, ninja boy.

10. jet

jet Senior member

I wuv you too fokky [​IMG]

I think the noose that is academia has finally made you crack! [​IMG]

11. Halifamous

Halifamous Senior member

12. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

13. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kiton lightweight brown/grey tweed coat, RG brown/grey paisley shirt, AA T, Earnest Sewn Fulton Line Dry, Longhi belt, dark brown custom Vass Budapests.

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

EG Poplin Workshirt and Painter's Pants
    Gravis Yachtmasters
    [​IMG]

15. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

Nothing terribly interesting to see here, except I love this tshirt. It's a Studio D'Artisan tee.. on the back it says 'Two Pig trade mark.Athretic association.' Engrish makes me happy.

[​IMG]
    SDA tee
    Dior

16. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

[​IMG]
    A. Harris must own a vineyard and posses a rare collection of 55 Porsche roadsters and maybe a Merc Gull wing, this guy typifies "Stealth Wealth" to a "T".

17. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

A. Harris must own a vineyard and posses a rare collection of 55 Porsche roadsters and maybe a Merc Gull wing, this guy typifies "Stealth Wealth" to a "T".

[​IMG] I'm actually just a poor guy who spends way too much on clothes, even if I usually buy them at giveaway prices...

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

A. Harris: great looks, loving the belt, do you have more info about the company?

Timpoblete: Everything came together very well in your last shot, I especially like when the background colour scheme complement an outfit

19. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

vintage leather
    skulls scarf
    evil mickey t
    vintage leather belt
    julian red
    vintage reebok

20. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member