What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

same out stuff: lw, 19cm, vans... [​IMG]
    Best photo in my time here!, did you use an auto setting; there is a definite synthetic surrealism in the colors. I also loved Cult's Chicago pics from a few days ago.

2. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

No, the cuts scale. The names are something of a misnomer; I think they're only actually accurate on the 30s or the 32s, but I can't remember which. If the hem didn't scale, they'd change drastically in cut depending on your size.

Yeah, dumb assumption on my part...I think they only thing I've demonstrated here is that I know very little about vintage Levi's fits and DH19s.

Speaking of Dior 19s, +1 on Ayn's photo - his pics are some of my faves b/c it's all about the staging and composition; the clothes are simple and the fits are perfect, and they never overwhelm the backgrounds he chooses.

3. flsxik

flsxik Senior member

beautiful weather shines on me once again navy peacoat uniqlo hm pbj cole haan [​IMG]

4. ayn

ayn Senior member

Best photo in my time here!, did you use an auto setting; there is a definite synthetic surrealism in the colors. I also loved Cult's Chicago pics from a few days ago.
    thanks for the compliments, the photo was taken with multiple exposures at different EV values and composite into a single image with layer masks (vs say the auto HDR flow in CS2/CS3)... It was done this way because I wanted to get a wider dynamic range than I could in a single shot (so didn't have to trade off exposure of sky vs building vs me)... I was in a hurry to go get a haircut so could only spend about 15 minutes in post-processing, so to the trained eyes it would look quite sloppy...

5. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

^^damn...

i wish i knew something about photography... i just set the timer, set down the camera, and try to stay in the frame.

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

thanks for the compliments, the photo was taken with multiple exposures at different EV values and composite into a single image with layer masks (vs say the auto HDR flow in CS2/CS3)... It was done this way because I wanted to get a wider dynamic range than I could in a single shot (so didn't have to trade off exposure of sky vs building vs me)... I was in a hurry to go get a haircut so could only spend about 15 minutes in post-processing, so to the trained eyes it would look quite sloppy...

I can translate this for non-photographers (like, uh, me): We all better start bringing the heat with the fits, because there's sure as hell no way we're going to take a better photo than ayn.

7. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

So that's how it's done... [​IMG] It looks great, and I've always had difficulty with getting the sky and the foreground saturated without one appearing too light, and the other too dark. I'm not skilled enough to do the digital manipulation post-photo though.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I can translate this for non-photographers (like, uh, me): We all better start bringing the heat with the fits, because there's sure as hell no way we're going to take a better photo than ayn.

ok cool. that's what I thought he said. [​IMG]

9. flsxik

flsxik Senior member

*carefuly jots down notes

10. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Thanks for the answer...now I know I have an IQ equivalent of a potato on markdown.

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

nice ayn.. I did a project similar to that using a couple different photos of the same spot on different exposures when I was learning digital photography.

That's a lot of work for a WAYWT post, and I must say your ability to make selections is really nice. I can't find any mistakes except possibly some very minor jagged edges around the trees. I always look really intently for mistakes in this kind of thing.

BTW, there is certainly a very deep appreciation for some of the really beautiful photos. I really like Rye's backdrop with the paint on the walls, and of course Ayn's photos are always exposed perfectly. But when judging, I don't think quality of photography is going to be a consideration - of course outdoor photography gives you a slight edge because details come out sharper with more light, but that's the only advantage it can give, extra clarity on your fit.

That said, Sauce, Ayn, Cheap, D_D, Braid, flskx, Rye, Cult and everyone else I missed, please keep posting your outdoor photos because they're inspiring if nothing else.

12. lowrey

lowrey Senior member

off to work today..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whyred m-65
    trovata shirt
    n(n) tie
    krisvanassche belt
    comme des garcons
    vans marc jacobs

13. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Lowreyesque photo today, at a more extreme angle cuz I always wanted to have stumpy legs...

BR sweater
    AW Cougars
    Natties

[​IMG]

14. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

15. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

off to work today..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whyred m-65
    trovata shirt
    n(n) tie
    krisvanassche belt
    comme des garcons
    vans marc jacobs

If I wasn't stuck being me I'd be Lowrey (at least I'd take the wardrobe), as smart as Ayn, as revered as Sauce, as effortlessly cool as GS, as manly as Cheap and linguistically confident like Mr Big...the LA guy out East.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.