1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

[​IMG]

More Illadelph love.

This is totally dope. Love the red with the peacoat, just looks kick ass. I see no incongruency here. Black boots for sure the best choice with this.

2. ayn

ayn Senior member

acronym derome brenner loopwheeler sexih chucks [​IMG]

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

Too many people fear it, wearing the t-shirt. [​IMG] Bonus love to Skalogre who referred to Stella as "Belgium's equivalent of Bud."

4. Empire

Empire Senior member

What denim whodini ?

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

What denim whodini ?
    The knee-boners, combs, and wallet fading say "sexy," but the leather patch reads "RRL."

6. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

Girlfriend needs to go buy crap for her NYC trip and made me get dressed.

[​IMG]

some shades I stole from my dad a LONG time ago that just so happen to match the shirt (these arn't to be taken seriously)
    H&M
    sugarcane 1947's
    diadora

7. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

I've never tried a cardigan + zip up hoodie before. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

The current mix of melting snow, salt, and gravel is beating the hell out of my boots. [​IMG]

I think it could work, but I don't think that specific combo does. The v-neck+cardi+half zipped sweater is too much downward action. It's almost looks like a serious of arrows. I'm also not feeling the light green and white(?) striped hoody paired with mostly dark colors. I think it might look better if you took a solid hoody and used it to complement the cardigan, and then threw in a white crewneck t-shirt. But I'm not totally against a striped one either, if it could be set up so things didn't clash terribly.

8. j

j Senior member Admin

I've never tried a cardigan + zip up hoodie before. Thoughts? [​IMG] The current mix of melting snow, salt, and gravel is beating the hell out of my boots. [​IMG]
    Aha! I finally figured out where I saw you before.

[​IMG]

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

10. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

CG, good suggestions. I'm going to head to H&M tomorrow and pick up another hoodie that I think will work better with the cardigan. I definiteley agree that there are too many "V" shapes going on.

J, which one am I? I can't really see an upside to resembling any one of them...

11. tljenkin

tljenkin Senior member

[​IMG]

Just studying in the park and decided to nap off a pick. Nothing revolutionary or experimental clothing-wise because of the college student budget and above-80 degree weather of Charleston.

For those interested:

My UVA hat that I wear a little compulsively so I do not have to shell for a haircut
    Stein Mart Polo by Ralph Lauren that I purchased a few years back which 60% of the campus seems to own
    Samurai 5000vx's worn pretty damn low and biked at least 18 miles a week in for a month (a little out of step with the rest of the outfit, I will say)
    Jordan IV's in black and white that my friend beat the absolute hell out of on the court and wanted to get rid of. they're mine for streetwear now)

12. flsxik

flsxik Senior member

one more final and then...spring break. I know im over doin the white tee...but gosh its so fucking nice out! fresh cut hair hanes v neck pbj's vans [​IMG] cheers!

13. j

j Senior member Admin

CG, good suggestions. I'm going to head to H&M tomorrow and pick up another hoodie that I think will work better with the cardigan. I definiteley agree that there are too many "V" shapes going on.

J, which one am I? I can't really see an upside to resembling any one of them...

Sorry, not the best pic. You're Michael Ian Black (from The State and Stella)...

[​IMG]

He makes a sneery face in every pic I can find.

Not meant to be an insult or anything. I just kept thinking you looked just like someone I'd seen before.

14. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Weird. I can't see the resemblance at all.

15. j

j Senior member Admin

Ok, whatever. I'm insane, sorry.

16. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Parker, I really like that shirt/sweater combo. Preppy but cool.

17. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

heh that's who I would have guessed. I'll now be posting pictures of Michael Black in the WAYN threads instead of subjecting myself to guaranteed criticism. [​IMG]

18. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Parker, I really like that shirt/sweater combo. Preppy but cool.

Thanks. I guess you could file me under: classic/preppy/mod/earlysixties/bluenote.

19. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

one more final and then...spring break. I know im over doin the white tee...but gosh its so fucking nice out!

fresh cut hair
    hanes v neck
    pbj's
    vans

[​IMG]

cheers!

This picture reminds me of:

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...54634420070306

20. bk4

bk4 Active Member

[​IMG]

Just studying in the park and decided to nap off a pick. Nothing revolutionary or experimental clothing-wise because of the college student budget and above-80 degree weather of Charleston.

For those interested:

My UVA hat that I wear a little compulsively so I do not have to shell for a haircut
    Stein Mart Polo by Ralph Lauren that I purchased a few years back which 60% of the campus seems to own
    Samurai 5000vx's worn pretty damn low and biked at least 18 miles a week in for a month (a little out of step with the rest of the outfit, I will say)
    Jordan IV's in black and white that my friend beat the absolute hell out of on the court and wanted to get rid of. they're mine for streetwear now)

You have got to be one of maybe three people in Charleston who has ever heard of Samurai. My fiance went to CofC and I spent tons of time there over the past few years and the only place I've seen anything beyond Diesel is on a table a B'zar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.