• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

flsxik

Reaction score
cross posting like a mofo these days to go out with me beezy and our friends. AA hanes dior dirty chucks
2exal2w.jpg
sorry for the crap pic. Im no good at night hahah. cheers!

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Are those the new model of Chuck Taylor or just the classic optical white? I can't tell from the blinding flash.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
knucks your fit would be cleaner without flossing the belt all the time

kix would love to see some originality, your shots are too contrived from others

jovan they're just opticals

and another point, why does everyone with beat chucks make it a point to say beat chucks in their post? I never understood this.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
me-1.jpg

Throwing a party at my house tonight.

Rag & Bone RB6
Charcoal gray v-neck merino wool sweater with lighter gray collar detail
White with seafoam green wide satin stripe spread collar shirt, Paul Smith
Black tactical down vest, H&M ($40! beats the **** out of north face styling at 4x the price!)
White air force 1's (was dark brown Allen Edmonds ankle boots before)

Viking pool cue in background, sitting unused for 2+ months
frown.gif

VMAN,

How long ago did you purchase those RB6s? Did you size down from your normal waist size?

thanks.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably like 6 weeks ago, but I haven't worn them much.

I got a 32 but wore a 30 in the PDC LTD and ICN cuts. My actual waist size is probably a 31. They are a little loose on me, but I am beginning to dislike tight jeans.

Halifamous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
So, picked up my alterations today, here they are.

Zegna bengal-stripe shirt, now slimmer, shorter, and sans pocket
Juicy Men black velvet blazer
SSDS hemmed and slimmed from knee to ankle
Puma Speed Cats in navy suede

Outfit good, shoes not good.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No love for my speed cats?

Tonight's outfit:

John Varvatos sea green/brown stripe shirt
Banana Republic Brown Herringbone jacket
RRL Slim Fit
Zara project chelseas

b3ar9.jpg

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. That is a bizarrely high stance. If both buttons were functional and the cut more interesting, it could work as an unconventional piece, but that just strikes me as strange.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Wow. That is a bizarrely high stance. If both buttons were functional and the cut more interesting, it could work as an unconventional piece, but that just strikes me as strange.

Yeah, I think it's another one of those 3 roll 2 that lack the bottom button. I should probably button the bottom one, but it'd look a bit weird, probably.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get your tailor to sew on an extra button and a buttonhole if it bugs you at all. It probably wouldn't cost too much.

I'll probably just wear it open most of the time, or bottom the bottom one if completely necessary. I normally wear these type of jackets open anyways. The lack of a bottom button that I won't button anyways doesn't particularly bother me. I really like the jacket, though.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I'll probably just wear it open most of the time, or bottom the bottom one if completely necessary. I normally wear these type of jackets open anyways. The lack of a bottom button that I won't button anyways doesn't particularly bother me. I really like the jacket, though.

Yeah, for $24 you got a steal. Sewing the button and buttonhole would probably cost you slightly more than you paid for the jacket!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, for $24 you got a steal. Sewing the button and buttonhole would probably cost you slightly more than you paid for the jacket!
I noticed that more vendors appear to be doing this now, I see more 3 roll 2 but without the bottom button... maybe they're trying to save money, since they figure ppl aren't going to button it anyways? I just tried the jacket on and it looks like a normal 3 button when you button the lower one (but obviously w/o the bottom button)

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Probably like 6 weeks ago, but I haven't worn them much.

I got a 32 but wore a 30 in the PDC LTD and ICN cuts. My actual waist size is probably a 31. They are a little loose on me, but I am beginning to dislike tight jeans.

they seem to fit you very well.

I've got 30" and that is my normal waist but they're quite loose on me?

What size do you wear in RRDS or APC NS if you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads