What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Malo brown cashmere sweater Tan Tweed blazer (tagged Savile Row, but I have no idea where it's from, got it on ebay) Uniqlo Greenlines Mantallassi Loafers [​IMG]

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

My anthropology professor looks like this.

[​IMG]

I think all anthropology teachers look like that. It's like their uniform.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

[​IMG] Nice picture. The lighting is interesting and makes it look like you're wearing nylons too.

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Maybe she is... The low socks strike back.
    [​IMG]

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Maybe she is...

The low socks strike back.

You're right, she could be, I just assumed it was due to the lighting due to the gradient effect on the backdrop.

6. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Also wanted to say, Baron your pic is really nice. Very understated and well-put together. I am a huge fan of Seize sur Vingt.

Thanks Brian. I'm a little frustrated with the fit of this shirt. It could be just that I ordered the wrong size, but it's too loose through the chest. I also wish the collar was a touch taller and that the top few buttons were located better on the placket (the 2nd button is very high, but the next one down is kinda low.) I love the fabric and the patterns - I may get more shirts from them the next time I'm in NYC and I have a chance to try them on and find the right size.

7. VMan

VMan Senior member

Maybe she is...

The low socks strike back.

i almost copped that sweater two days ago. unfortunately the M was too baggy, and they didn't have any smalls left.

8. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Showing off the shoes, rather. I don't see anything wrong with my socks.

Nobody likes to see leg when you sit down and your pant legs rise up - socks should come up to mid-calf; but since your outfit is more casual, it's not a big deal IMO. They make the rules in MC, and we break'em.

9. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I really don't care. Everyone sees legs all the time in Florida, and I only ever wear suits because I want to.

VMan: Yeah, I had to size down as well. I wish I could have found an argyll one, but this was a nice find.

10. VMan

VMan Senior member

I really don't care. Everyone sees legs all the time in Florida, and I only ever wear suits because I want to.

VMan: Yeah, I had to size down as well. I wish I could have found an argyll one, but this was a nice find.

the store i was at had a bunch of the argyle ones left, but for some reason i'm not a huge fan of argyle on sweaters.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thanks Brian. I'm a little frustrated with the fit of this shirt. It could be just that I ordered the wrong size, but it's too loose through the chest. I also wish the collar was a touch taller and that the top few buttons were located better on the placket (the 2nd button is very high, but the next one down is kinda low.) I love the fabric and the patterns - I may get more shirts from them the next time I'm in NYC and I have a chance to try them on and find the right size.

You just described the two things I dislike most about pretty much all the button ups I've tried on, especially the button location. Such a small detail that reaps such great disgust on my part when done incorrectly. Fortunately my two favorite shirts have both aspects down perfectly.

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Brian didn't post...
    [​IMG]

13. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I really don't care. Everyone sees legs all the time in Florida, and I only ever wear suits because I want to. VMan: Yeah, I had to size down as well. I wish I could have found an argyll one, but this was a nice find.
    It's funny the things you flip out about, vs. the things you "don't care about"... reverse pleats vs. leg hair. Hmm...

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

14. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

It's funny the things you flip out about, vs. the things you "don't care about"... reverse pleats vs. leg hair. Hmm...

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Suit You Sir! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

15. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Brian didn't post...

My laptop with all my camera software is out of commission until the boot disk ISO finishes downloading. Only about 2.5gb more to go [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.