• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
APC Standard Fit 31" jeans-Ebay. Rokara Jkt with detachable fur collar-Sample. Vans-American Rag. S/S Western shirt w/ lurex picks-Pasadena Rose Bowl Market. Embellished Belt-Pasadena Rose Bowl Market.
Is that jacket sample PM'able? Because christ if it is...

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Is that jacket sample PM'able? Because christ if it is...

Ahh!, sorry but it won't be available untill June at the earliest. It will also be available in Black. Retail $250-$270 approx.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

APC Standard Fit 31" jeans-Ebay.
Rokara Jkt with detachable fur collar-Sample.
Vans-American Rag.
S/S Western shirt w/ lurex picks-Pasadena Rose Bowl Market.
Embellished Belt-Pasadena Rose Bowl Market.

Nice jacket. Is it based on the M44 (? Can't remember the exact model number) I like a shearling collar, and I know that it's pretty popular to have a fur collar these days, but I live in Cambridge, and running away from PETA supporters is not on my schedule. Plus, fur usually puts things out of the price bracket i'm comfortable with. Really like the shape of the handwarmer pockets (and the fact that they seem to zip up - makes them more functional)

And I've found a man who slings his jeans even lower than I (generally) do mine.

For the record, I've never thought of your style as particularly "emo". Maybe indie rocker. I know... "60's beat sensibility mixed with dark, post punk influences."
smile.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh!, sorry but it won't be available untill June at the earliest. It will also be available in Black. Retail $250-$270 approx.

Hmmm, price is lower than I though it would be (in the $300-$350 range.) Is it/will it be lined, and if so, how?

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Hmmm, price is lower than I though it would be (in the $300-$350 range.) Is it/will it be lined, and if so, how?
The fur is "faux", hence the price. The jacket is lined in Nylon Taffeta. The handwarmer pockets do have a zipper closure. I like to include functional aspects to all of my items, growing up in England it was all about "Sport Culture", mixing designer with active to function for the daily occurences of bad weather. There's nothing worse than owning a garment that looks great but functions terribly. I'm trying to keep the prices competative. I would like to think that Rokara has an appeal as a designer brand whilst retaining broad appeal with comfortable price points.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fur is "faux", hence the price.
The jacket is lined in Nylon Taffeta.
The handwarmer pockets do have a zipper closure. I like to include functional aspects to all of my items, growing up in England it was all about "Sport Culture", mixing designer with active to function for the daily occurences of bad weather. There's nothing worse than owning a garment that looks great but functions terribly.
I'm trying to keep the prices competative. I would like to think that Rokara has an appeal as a designer brand whilst retaining broad appeal with comfortable price points.

Cool. You mind saying what type of trims you use? YKKs, or maybe Riris, Lampos, Reys, Universals, or something else? I grew up in Canada, so if you think that functionality was a concern in England...

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Cool. You mind saying what type of trims you use? YKKs, or maybe Riris, Lampos, Reys, Universals, or something else? I grew up in Canada, so if you think that functionality was a concern in England...

All of the outerwear is Asia production. Prices would double to produce domestically. In an ideal world I would love to be U.S.A, U.S.A. but it's not feasible at the prices I want to be, at retail.

Zippers are Talon. All trims are developed with my factory which makes life so much easier.
YKK is a pain to deal with at small quantities.
Riris are beautifull zippers but not cost efficient unless I'm down for $$$$$ retail prices. I know W + H use them and Ever (Ever's prices are going up, up up!), and there perfect for their products, I just don't think a Riri zipper on a Rokara garment is the basis for selling that piece.
I've sampled with Lampo's and predye they look excellent. After dye...uuuhhh!!!. If I start to piece dye garments I may utilize again.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halifamous
Not at my macbook, so recycling an old fit that I never ended up posting:
AA tee
Jospeh Abboud camel hair scarf
Designworks Japan Blazer
Energie Morris Darks
Monkstrap loafers... not shown.
sprftrwi1.jpg

Great look. The tee / blazer combo is awesome.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trying on the new Krell jacket, it's a bit tight as of this moment to zip with a sweater underneath.

CYC Thermal
Michael J Krell jacket
APC Rescues
Lavers

scd5ar.jpg

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i need to work on the lighting...

jcrew
nice collective
pbj
boss

monday002.jpg

lowrey

Reaction score
cross post attack

earlier today

today_jan221.jpg
today_jan222.jpg

numbernine
marc jacobs
dior noir
vans marc j

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rye GB, I wouldn't classify your fits as "emo" at all. I'd classify them as really, really incredible. You have a similar style to mine: it's young, but still somewhat dressed up, looks casual, but put together. Kudos.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lowrey
cross post attack

earlier today

today_jan221.jpg
today_jan222.jpg

numbernine
marc jacobs
dior noir
vans marc j

Another good outfit. I'd be interested to see how you put together some color (white does not count). I've only seen you wear a muted palette so far. Good nonetheless.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics